Libera in Moscow - December 2018

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

andmar
Silver Member

Re: Libera in Moscow - December 2018

Post by andmar »

tom413 wrote: <span title="Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:54 am">5 years ago</span> Thanks for the incredibly detailed reviews andmar and filarheni.
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:04 pm">5 years ago</span> Thanks to Andrzej and Sabine for their fantastic and insightful reviews - I can only echo the praise that everybody else has given in that it really does transport us to the concert through your eyes and ears.

I'm so pleased that Jack's Russian speech was so well received. I had no idea what he was saying at Brighton (or how well he said it) but he did it with great confidence. This I find amazing because I was terrified of public speaking well in to my adult years and so the fact that these lads can get on stage and perform and do solos and speeches at their young age fills me with admiration. Bravo to each and every one of them.

At St Philip's after the Nine Lessons service I was lucky enough to catch a quick work with Eleanor and I congratulated her and the 'team' on the outstanding concert performances this year. I think in the 10 years I have been going to concerts they have never been so consistently good in their performances as they have been this year. I thought Ely was fantastic but it seems they just got better and better as the year went on.

Let's hope that 2019 brings more of the same (and of course more of the new as well :lol: )
Thank you Tom and Yorkie for the kind words. I only wish I could remember more of the concert details. The moments during the performance are so transitory. How much I wish the concerts were filmed.

Yes, Jack's speech was a precious moment indeed. Jack was flawless and his wide smile at the end just made all of us feel happy with him.

I don't have that much experience in attending Libera concerts as you have, Yorkie, but I must agree, that all four this year's concerts, which I was lucky to attend, were all very, very good with the best ones in Ely and Moscow.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

andmar wrote: <span title="Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:08 pm">5 years ago</span>You remember, it was your fault that I ended up with two Moscow concert tickets on one evening in July 2018. :lol: :lol: Anyway, I'm really happy having made the trip to Moscow.
:lol: If only all my faults would lead to something good! :lol: :wink:

Thinking it consequently to the end, then it's all Libera's fault at last. How dare they make such beautiful music and leave everyone addicted!?! :shock: :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:57 am">5 years ago</span> Thinking it consequently to the end, then it's all Libera's fault at last. How dare they make such beautiful music and leave everyone addicted!?! :shock: :D
Well, yes. Who else is to blame for all this. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: