Libera - Whyte V Chisora Advert

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Libera - Whyte V Chisora Advert

Post by maartendas »

@Tully: I was aware it was a pun, hence my reply ;)
Just wanted to find out if maybe the match was indeed held on Boxing Day ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:30 pm">5 years ago</span> @Tully: I was aware it was a pun, hence my reply ;)
Just wanted to find out if maybe the match was indeed held on Boxing Day ;)
The match is held on the 22nd. IIRC Boxing Day is the 26th.

Anyone have strong opinions on the origin of "Boxing Day"?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It appears that Libera decided to remove this video from their Youtube channel. I'm glad they did that, because people discovering them in the future may be turned off by it when they check their Youtube channel. The ad didn't bother me at first, but the more I thought about it, the more it bothered me. I have no problem with the sport of boxing. I think it's a very worthy sport which requires great discipline. However, I feel that putting "Silent Night" in such an ad disrespects the sacred/religious meaning of the song. I hope that Libera didn't suffer any negative consequences as a result of this.
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

That is also my opinion. I think, it is always a high risk, when childreen, in this case Oliver M, makes advertise for a product or here for an brutal boxfight. How can he handle some bad comments or reactions (we all know what trolls are appearing in the Internet...)?? Better to save Kids, they are too young, to see all possible risks...
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Although I did like the add, I agree that it is a good thing it does not appear on Libera's official youtube. It just doesn't fit.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Good. I liked Oliver's singing but not the add. Good, that it has been taken down. I hope the recording without the disgusting boxing sounds exists and will be published somewhere.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

They probably took it down because it is an advertisement, hence a commercial video, for an event which has already taken place. I suppose it was an agreement from the start and maybe to do with certain rights, why they took it down. I don't think it has anything to do with possible opinions about the video. Libera, and Oliver in particular, can still be proud of this unique production and the wide exposure they received.
Yes, it may have been risky to put boxing and Libera together - all the more reason why I admire them for taking this risk and Oliver for stepping up and doing his wonderful solo for this video which was sure to gain a lot of attention.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above