Some questions about ‘Bayan Ko’

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

aoba

Some questions about ‘Bayan Ko’

Post by aoba »

I'm looking for stores where I(We) can buy the digital ‘Bayan Ko’ or (digital or CD) albums including it. However, I'm not sure where and what to buy.

I looked that up on Libera Dream and Libera Passion, but I couldn't find clues. So, I will ask some questions...
  1. What country version of ‘New Dawn’ CD have ‘Bayan Ko’? Is it Philippines?
  2. What country version of ‘Peace’ CD have ‘Bayan Ko’? Does not such a CD exist? (I know digital Peace's Bayan Ko is available on iTunesStore, Amazon or etc.)
  3. What is the difference between New Dawn's Bayan Ko and Peace's one? Are they the same? Is these soloist Ben Philipp?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Some questions about ‘Bayan Ko’

Post by Surpinto »

aoba wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:56 pm">5 years ago</span> I'm looking for stores where I(We) can buy the digital ‘Bayan Ko’ or (digital or CD) albums including it. However, I'm not sure where and what to buy.

I looked that up on Libera Dream and Libera Passion, but I couldn't find clues. So, I will ask some questions...
  2. What country version of ‘Peace’ CD have ‘Bayan Ko’? Does not such a CD exist? (I know digital Peace's Bayan Ko is available on iTunesStore, Amazon or etc.)
  3. What is the difference between New Dawn's Bayan Ko and Peace's one? Are they the same? Is these soloist Ben Philipp?
  1. I believe so, yes. But I have only seen the song on the "Peace" album you linked.
  2. I have never seen it on a CD. It is possible that this is a digital-only song, much like "Gaudete- Canticum Novum" on the iTunes only version of "The Christmas Album".
  3. I strongly suspect they are the same if they are on two CDs.
Perhaps someone else can chime in about this who has more accurate information.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:43 pm">5 years ago</span>
aoba wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:56 pm">5 years ago</span> I'm looking for stores where I(We) can buy the digital ‘Bayan Ko’ or (digital or CD) albums including it. However, I'm not sure where and what to buy.

1. I believe so, yes. But I have only seen the song on the "Peace" album you linked.
  2. I have never seen it on a CD. It is possible that this is a digital-only song, much like "Gaudete- Canticum Novum" on the iTunes only version of "The Christmas Album".
  3. I strongly suspect they are the same if they are on two CDs.
With such questions, you could always have a look at www.libera-songs.de as well, because there is a song list with information which song is on which album (although the iTunes "Peace" version of Bayan ko is not yet listed there) and under the link "Alben" you can have a look at the individual CDs.
There it says that the song is on the Korean version of "New Dawn". I didn't know that there exist Korean CD versions. :o But maybe it's just a mistake and the Philippines are meant. Would be more logical ...
Ben Philipp is the soloist, and since the "New Dawn" and the "Peace" iTunes versions both have the same length = 3:34 it looks like they are identical.
Last edited by filiarheni on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes it is.
You can see the cover of that special version of "New Dawn" on Libera Passion (here).
That version has a flashy yellow sticker pasted on the top of the CD case.

I bought my Bayan Ko version of New Dawn in January 2010, directly from the webmaster of the Philippino Website 'Libera 360'. That website no longer exists now.
The CD was not available online from the usual platforms like Amazon, I guess is was only available locally in the Pines or from local websites.

The normal version (14 tracks) of New Dawn has bar code 5099951935405
The Bayan Ko version (15 tracks) of New Dawn has bar code 5099962661201
Google can't find any page having that second bar code... :?

I never heard about a physical version of Peace having Bayan Ko as bonus track.
If you find anything about it, let us know, it would be very interesting. But likely this is just a digital edition.

3.What is the difference between New Dawn's Bayan Ko and Peace's one? Are they the same? Is these soloist Ben Philipp?
When I compare the Peace 30 seconds sample from Amazon (here) with my New Dawn CD version, is sounds exactly the same. It is very likely the same track.
aoba

Post by aoba »

Thank you for all your quick reply. :D
    Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:43 pm">5 years ago</span> I believe so, yes. But I have only seen the song on the "Peace" album you linked.
    fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:40 pm">5 years ago</span> Yes it is.
    You can see the cover of that special version of "New Dawn" on Libera Passion (here).
    I'm convinced the physical Bayan Ko is included in New Dawn Philippines edition CD. Thanks all. :)

2. What country version of ‘Peace’ CD have ‘Bayan Ko’? Does not such a CD exist?
    Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:43 pm">5 years ago</span> I have never seen it on a CD. It is possible that this is a digital-only song,
    fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:40 pm">5 years ago</span> I never heard about a physical version of Peace having Bayan Ko as bonus track.
    If you find anything about it, let us know, it would be very interesting. But likely this is just a digital edition.
    When I was googled, I found this website. Bayan Ko is listed as a bonus track on the booklet. However, I just noticed it may be a digital booklet :lol: .
    OK, I understood that it's an only digital bonus track.

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:43 pm">5 years ago</span> I strongly suspect they are the same if they are on two CDs.
    filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:27 pm">5 years ago</span> Ben Philipp is the soloist, and since the "New Dawn" and the "Peace" iTunes versions both have the same length = 3:34 it looks like they are identical.
    fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:40 pm">5 years ago</span> When I compare the Peace 30 seconds sample from Amazon (here) with my New Dawn CD version, is sounds exactly the same. It is very likely the same track.
    I especially wanted to know about this! If they are the same, It's enough that I brought any one of these. :wink:
OK, I decided to purchase the digital ‘Peace’ in a few days. Thank you very much for the valuable information! :D