Christmas concert 2018 in Brighton - December 15th

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

katyafan
Silver Member

Re: Christmas concert 2018 in Brighton - December 15th

Post by katyafan »

In general, how soon is a Libera concert announced? A Christmas one, I mean. Next year, 2019, I will be taking a trip to London for a week and a half around Christmas, and would love to catch a concert. But I can't plan a trip around them, it would, however, be nice to know if I will be able to see them or not. Do we generally know a couple months in advance? Or it is hit and miss year by year?
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

Pheww !!! Breathes big sigh of relief - 2 x Front Row seats purchased. Website didn't crash on me this time. Very happy :D :D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

All booked front row seat A20 booked been lucky on the end but certain it will be perfect, to the Gentleman who was sitting on my left in row C seat no16 at Westminster please say hello if you get to make it.

Steve
theforestdweller
Silver Member

I'm very surprised at the slow take up of tickets for the Brighton concert. At time of writing only 138 tickets sold and there are still 7 seats (including a block of 5) left in the premium section :o . Is Brighton considered too difficult to get to? Seems unlikely, it's only 50 miles or so from London via the most direct route. It's close to 170 miles for me from the Forest of Dean, and I'm not hesitating, although it's fingers crossed for good driving weather :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Libera has not yet 'push' the news about that concert. They didn't tweeted it, and they posted nothing about it on Facebook or instagram. Only the fans that often explore the official site, or read this forum or some fans accounts, know about the concert.

Hopefully the tickets will be boosted when libera will do a proper announce.

Also hopefully they have someone there that can help promote the concert to local people, like it was done in Ely with the various big banners spread across the town.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:07 am">5 years ago</span> Libera has not yet 'push' the news about that concert. They didn't tweeted it, and they posted nothing about it on Facebook or instagram. Only the fans that often explore the official site, or read this forum or some fans accounts, know about the concert.

Hopefully the tickets will be boosted when libera will do a proper announce.

Also hopefully they have someone there that can help promote the concert to local people, like it was done in Ely with the various big banners spread across the town.
Perhaps, it's too much of positive and even selfish thinking. But maybe they trust in an announcement a little bit later than the official beginning of the sale, because Brighton is well-known enough and attracts many people, hopefully also in December, so short before Christmas. By doing it that way, there was more room for us to select our tickets. I was glad for the relax, that ticket fight causes me heartbeating. I am confident that enough audience will come. I really am.
Yes, I hope for much advertisement too; the first year in Ely there was nothing in the near Cambridge and only a bit around the Cathedral in Ely, and Ely itself is so small. So Brighton will be more and also easier - Hope! :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
theforestdweller
Silver Member

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:26 am">5 years ago</span> I was glad for the relax, that ticket fight causes me heartbeating.
Well, I wasn't relaxed :wink: . My son's computer was out so his younger more dexterous fingers were unavailable to me, so I was on my own. I had my main desktop PC and my Laptop sat on the Ticketsource website constantly refreshing while watching a clock countdown the last 15 seconds. I thought the website was locking me out as there was a distinct hesitation when it went live, but it was OK and I found two seats on the front row. However, I realised after that there was a hefty discount for us aged ones and I could have got one of my seats a lot cheaper had I realised quickly enough. Not to worry though, all the more income for Libera. I also suspect that the time taken for the extra click on the reduced price seat would have meant I would have lost out on the front row :( .

My wife commented after I told her I'd got the tickets that my face had gone as red as a beetroot, my hands were clammy and my heart seemed to be racing! :lol: .

Relax ??? You must be joking :lol: :lol: :lol: . I won't relax until we actually get to Brighton! It's a L O N G winters drive for us :) .
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

theforestdweller wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:06 pm">5 years ago</span> However, I realised after that there was a hefty discount for us aged ones and I could have got one of my seats a lot cheaper had I realised quickly enough. Not to worry though, all the more income for Libera. I also suspect that the time taken for the extra click on the reduced price seat would have meant I would have lost out on the front row :( .
Very funny, for me it was the opposite: I did it via phone, was misunderstood and later saw "concession" in the confirmation e-mail and was charged the lower price. I clarified with them to make a donation to make up for the difference ("Are you sure you want to pay the difference?" :lol: ), and now it's all fine. And relaxed. :wink: :wink: :lol: Yes, in fact, I was just SO very nervous before; maybe that's why I considered it as more relaxed than usual. :mrgreen:

theforestdweller wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:06 pm">5 years ago</span> Relax ??? You must be joking :lol: :lol: :lol: . I won't relax until we actually get to Brighton! It's a L O N G winters drive for us :) .
I wish you good weather for the driving, see you there!

Libera has a small information sign in the videos of their Youtube channel to announce the concert there. If they do that always, I've missed it so far.

:!: By the way, I miss the concert countdowns here at Libera Dreams ... How shall we know when to be where?! :shock: :? :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:32 pm">5 years ago</span>
:!: By the way, I miss the concert countdowns here at Libera Dreams ... How shall we know when to be where?! :shock: :? :wink:
I'll ask Paul if he can spare a few minutes to set them up!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Sorry, countdown done.
I hope I have set it right relative to Japanese time. I don't want people to miss the concert because I got it wrong. :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

paul wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:10 pm">5 years ago</span> Sorry, countdown done.
I hope I have set it right relative to Japanese time. I don't want people to miss the concert because I got it wrong. :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah! You are off the hook now. :lol:

Thank you for your very quick reaction, both Yorkie and Paul! :)
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

From the Japan thread
john45 wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:14 pm">5 years ago</span> From the front row at the second Tokyo concert, I could distinguish Tadgh’s gentle but strong voice quite clearly. It is certainly due for more prominent exposure and the obvious choice would be “ The Wexford Carol” and the timing just right for the Christmas concert in Brighton.
Okay, John, now you have put ideas in my head that I won't get rid of anymore: Wexford Carol in Brighton? That's my dream! If they sing it there, I will melt and after the concert not walk, but flow home. And you sound so confident. 8)
Victor C

Post by Victor C »

Either Libera or TicketSource should change the colours of their booking page, white on light blue is just a bit too hard to read.

Comparison:

White text
white-text.png
white-text.png (352.26 KiB) Viewed 4594 times
white-text.png
white-text.png (352.26 KiB) Viewed 4594 times

Black text
black-text.png
black-text.png (365.71 KiB) Viewed 4594 times
black-text.png
black-text.png (365.71 KiB) Viewed 4594 times

Also, hopefully, people will learn to queue this year :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

This is the status quo of St. Bartholomew's Church's occupancy, one month before the concert and almost one month after the start of the ticket sale:

Brighton 1 month.PNG
Brighton 1 month.PNG (10.46 KiB) Viewed 4519 times
Brighton 1 month.PNG
Brighton 1 month.PNG (10.46 KiB) Viewed 4519 times

In the meantime, the church has put the concert on their event page:

Brighton church announcement.PNG
Brighton church announcement.PNG (20.62 KiB) Viewed 4519 times
Brighton church announcement.PNG
Brighton church announcement.PNG (20.62 KiB) Viewed 4519 times
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Libera has tweeted today the visual of the flyer or poster for the Brighton concert.

The photo comes from the Westminster Cathedral 2018 concert, we can see the 5 new miniboys seated on the left side.
IMG_20181128_133404.jpg
Brighton concert flyer
IMG_20181128_133404.jpg (156.94 KiB) Viewed 4409 times
Brighton concert flyer
Brighton concert flyer
IMG_20181128_133404.jpg (156.94 KiB) Viewed 4409 times