Beyond

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

james010101

Re: Beyond

Post by james010101 »

So... do we have any conclusions about who the soloists might be now? Below are my conclusions (and reasoning) after looking through everyone's predictions:

Ave Maria (Vavilov or Caccini)
1. Leo (vocal range)
2. Alex Gula (raspy-ness of his voice)

In Paradisum
Rocco (Confirmed per video) + Oliver W-R (harmonies)

Salve Regina
Rocco (the timbre and character of his voice - his voice is quite sweet, especially during the lower notes)

Sanctus
No solo on clip

Ave Maria (Prizeman)
Merlin (as suggested by multiple ppl)

Lacrymosa
1. Alex Gula (latin and lower parts)
2. Victor

Voca Me
Leo

The Prayer
Daniel

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep
Alex Gula + Leo

Benedictus Deus
1. Merlin
2. Rocco

Mother Of God
No solo on clip
Last edited by james010101 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

The fact that Merlin sings the Prizeman "Ave Maria" is an absolute certainty given that he sang it live - the preview clips sound like him too. But I am certain that he doesn't sing "Benedictus Deus", instead I highly suspect Rocco.
james010101

Post by james010101 »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:41 pm">5 years ago</span> The fact that Merlin sings the Prizeman "Ave Maria" is an absolute certainty given that he sang it live - the preview clips sound like him too. But I am certain that he doesn't sing "Benedictus Deus", instead I highly suspect Rocco.
actually, now that I've compared the high notes of 'In Paradisum' and 'Benedictus Deus', I kind of agree with your opinion. It does sound like Rocco. :P
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Don't forget Dominik 🙂
He is my 2nd candidate for Caccini

Alqo, who can be the soloist(s) on the Japanese song ?
Koji would sounds obvious, but perhaps it is too obvious. My bet is on Daniel. For his singing but also for the capacity to remember the song by phonetic.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:28 pm">5 years ago</span> Don't forget Dominik 🙂
He is my 2nd candidate for Caccini
You really think so? Given that he is so new to the group and has never done any solo work in concert? We know he had an individual microphone but is that enough to know that he could do this difficult piece? I am not doubting that this is hypothetically possible, but it seems like a very bold guess as your 2nd candidate. If Dominik sang this song that would be an incredible revelation. :D
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:28 pm">5 years ago</span> Alqo, who can be the soloist(s) on the Japanese song ?
Koji would sounds obvious, but perhaps it is too obvious. My bet is on Daniel. For his singing but also for the capacity to remember the song by phonetic.
Unless there is a preview of this song that I missed we currently do not know enough to conclude that there is any solo part at all. In fact, it is more likely than not that no specific solo part, aside from maybe a few high notes here and there, exists for this song.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, we don't know, but think to it: being sung in a foreign language the song has to have a solo in a way or another, big or small, otherwise it lacks of something punchy.
As examples: Bayan Ko or The Moon Represents my Heart :)

...Well, if you are right and it is a chorus only song I would be disapointed.
I didn't think to that possility in fact :|

About Dominik, he arrived directly in the tour group being older that the usual newbies and without the miniboy stage. Some precedents boys than also jumped in suddenly had greats solos, like Stefan or Eoghan. Also, we were told good about him in Ely, so yes, I believe he will have solos sooner or later. Ok, Beyond is perhaps a bit early, but all is possible :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

The reason I considered the possibility of no specific solo would be because very many of their songs do not have a solo part; however, you are correct in reminding us that most of their recent songs sung specifically in other languages do contain a solo part. I think there is at least an equal chance for a solo part as none at all.
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:47 pm">5 years ago</span> About Dominik, he arrived directly in the tour group being older that the usual newbies and without the miniboy stage. Some precedents boys than also jumped in suddenly had greats solos, like Stefan or Eoghan. Also, we were told good about him in Ely, so yes, I believe he will have solos sooner or later. Ok, Beyond is perhaps a bit early, but all is possible :)
I would imagine it would have been too early for him to have a recorded solo quite so quickly being so new to the group. Your other points about him are well taken and I think you are very likely correct that we will be hearing from him so to speak. :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I still think Gabe for Ava M but I will be wrong but the voice sounds more mature to me than a 9/10 year old boy.

It’s not like the song will be performed live either so if it is Gabe it won’t make a jolt of difference to the concerts as for some reason the other Ave M is seen as more concert friendly :roll:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

New email from the official Libera email distribution list. This makes me even more excited for the album! :D
LIBERA, the internationally famed boys’ choir release their brand-new album ‘Beyond’ on 12th October.

In 11 tracks of glorious choral sounds, the boys demonstrate the extraordinary range and emotional depth of their voices. Familiar classics mingle with original material in new arrangements accompanied by full orchestra or acapella.

This wonderful new album is but the latest step on the incredible Libera journey to take their listeners on an inspirational journey, ‘Beyond’ anything they have heard before!
james010101

Post by james010101 »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:23 pm">5 years ago</span> or acapella.
Did I just see acapella?????? :O
niels

Post by niels »

Maybe a strange idea :roll: , but will there be a link between the albums hope and beyond? With both CD images they point somewhere as if they have a certain purpose to go. And at the last sentence of the email it seems they have more for us.

(This wonderful new album is the latest step on the incredible Libera journey)

Is there a chance that a kind of story can be told? Or do I think too much now :lol:

How do you all see this?
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

james010101 wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:54 pm">5 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:23 pm">5 years ago</span> or acapella.
Did I just see acapella?????? :O
That's probably Mother of God, correct?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

niels wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:34 pm">5 years ago</span> Maybe a strange idea :roll: , but will there be a link between the albums hope and beyond? With both CD images they point somewhere as if they have a certain purpose to go. And at the last sentence of the email it seems they have more for us.

(This wonderful new album is the latest step on the incredible Libera journey)

Is there a chance that a kind of story can be told? Or do I think too much now :lol:

How do you all see this?
Yes, they had hope that they would reach dry land and now that that they have arrived they are looking to reach someplace beyond the mountains and visible horizon for the next stage of their journey.

.....that and some of the re-recorded songs on both albums. :lol:

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It’s really strange but it’s now not up on UK ITunes. I pre ordered it and it’s simply vanished off the store.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Today Libera tweeted about the Album 'Beyond' being the "Classic FM 'Drive Discovery' this week".
The tweet says that 'John Brunning will feature a track from it every day from today at around 6.15pm' (UK time).

Today Monday October 8th, the song broadcast was 'Salve Regina'

If you can be free each day of this week, from 18:10 to 18:20 (UK time), feel free to listen ClassicFM online :
https://www.classicfm.com/radio/player

At first you may be blocked if you are located abroad the UK.
The online player says that the stream is reserved for people living in the UK, but it also proposes you to input a UK postcode to deny the IP location.
The control is very kind because you just have to copy-paste any valid UK postcode et voilà, the stream opens friendly :)