Beyond

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

aoba

Re: Beyond

Post by aoba »

The track list and lyrics are now available on the official page.
https://libera.org.uk/music/beyond/
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

Just wondering ... why do we have to wait until the 12 october to buy the new cd? It must be ready by now.
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

seraphita wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:46 pm">5 years ago</span> Just wondering ... why do we have to wait until the 12 october to buy the new cd? It must be ready by now.
My honest opinion is that Libera has an exclusive deal with Wisteria Project which runs Libera Records in Japan. This deal seems to include the release of a new CD just prior to a Japanese tour. The same occurred with "Hope" where the release of the new album came in May; just a month before the 2017 Japanese tour. In this case the release date is closer to the tour date but the connection between these two events seems fairly likely. Though I doubt that they are required to release a new, full album every time they come to Japan, it would stand to reason that an exclusive arrangement for the coincidence of any new CD and a tour in a given calendar year exists.

I would bet that this arrangement guarantees Libera a certain level of financing for their Japanese tours as well as distribution and advertisement in the Japanese market - the latter of which was previously done for them by Warner before Libera went independent.
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:48 pm">5 years ago</span>
seraphita wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:46 pm">5 years ago</span> Just wondering ... why do we have to wait until the 12 october to buy the new cd? It must be ready by now.
My honest opinion is that Libera has an exclusive deal with Wisteria Project which runs Libera Records in Japan. This deal seems to include the release of a new CD just prior to a Japanese tour. The same occurred with "Hope" where the release of the new album came in May; just a month before the 2017 Japanese tour. In this case the release date is closer to the tour date but the connection between these two events seems fairly likely. Though I doubt that they are required to release a new, full album every time they come to Japan, it would stand to reason that an exclusive arrangement for the coincidence of any new CD and a tour in a given calendar year exists.

I would bet that this arrangement guarantees Libera a certain level of financing for their Japanese tours as well as distribution and advertisement in the Japanese market - the latter of which was previously done for them by Warner before Libera went independent.
well ... that makes sense ... being patient is an important issue of life ...
[]_________[]_________[]

maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Just a small remark: I was looking at the Beyond cover again and suddenly realised it's like a sequel to the Hope cover - the 3 boys have now arrived on land and started exploring the landscape, to see what lies "beyond"... :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:24 pm">5 years ago</span> Just a small remark: I was looking at the Beyond cover again and suddenly realised it's like a sequel to the Hope cover - the 3 boys have now arrived on land and started exploring the landscape, to see what lies "beyond"... :D
ooooh! That actually makes a lot of sense.
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

According to the Japan release description, the Beyond art depicts just that. Here is the verbiage in that description:
"Ribera (sic) has Produced an album with the theme "beyond" as the title. An album that the future of the chorus which is uniquely Ribera is illuminated in the future, with the theme of borders and crosses over time.
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:47 am">5 years ago</span> ....but, the biggest question in my mind is who does the Caccini "Ave Maria". Leo seems like a reasonable candidate if the solo goes as high as previous versions, but if it doesn't, then who knows. His part on the "Voca me" sample is too high for me to determine whether it's the same voice. Perhaps those who have heard them sing at recent concerts and Sunday church services at St. Philip's would know the voice.
I would have to say, Merlin.
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

So guys, where are you going to buy the new cd? The Japan-edition (S&H costs are very high when delivering to europe). Plastic Head (Libera refers to that site) or just 'good old' Amazon?
:D
[]_________[]_________[]

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

seraphita wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:36 pm">5 years ago</span> So guys, where are you going to buy the new cd? The Japan-edition (S&H costs are very high when delivering to europe). Plastic Head (Libera refers to that site) or just 'good old' Amazon?
I sprung for the Japan edition! :D
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

seraphita wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:36 pm">5 years ago</span> So guys, where are you going to buy the new cd? The Japan-edition (S&H costs are very high when delivering to europe). Plastic Head (Libera refers to that site) or just 'good old' Amazon?
In Japan. :D
And in the UK too. :D
If someone had told me two years ago I would buy (almost) the same CD from different parts of the world, I would have laughed them out. Crazy things keep happening since Libera entered my life. :D
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:06 pm">5 years ago</span>
I sprung for the Japan edition! :D
Please let us know what you get.
[]_________[]_________[]

seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

andmar wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:08 pm">5 years ago</span>
In Japan. :D
And in the UK too. :D
If someone had told me two years ago I would buy (almost) the same CD from different parts of the world, I would have laughed them out. Crazy things keep happening since Libera entered my life. :D
Indeed crazy things happen, heard that too from other fans
[]_________[]_________[]

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

When ordering the physical CD on Amazon, there is a one week difference for the release date depending the Amazon site used.

The product is the same, reference ASIN: B07G1XX2MV
  • Using that ASIN from Amazon.co.uk, the release date is October 12, and there are 6 (small) promo photos.

• Using the same ASIN from Amazon.com, which is intended to be the US site, the release date is October 19, and is proposes only the 3 firsts promo photos.

aoba

Post by aoba »

Today (or just now?), Libera-Records has updated more information of Beyond (Japanese version) on the website.
https://libera-records.com/news/2018/08/31/658/

A cover and track list has been announced.

Normal Edition [Libe-0009-10]

Fan Club Edition [Libe-0011]

The order of songs is same as UK ver. In addition, these includes "To tomorrow ~ for the future (明日へ~for the future)" in the last track.

The DVD of normal edition includes 2 music videos: "Lacrymosa" and "In Paradisum".

The Fan Club Edition can only be purchased by fan club members.
It comes with a booklet which includes many photos. Its total number of page is 36.
However, I do not know whether the Fan Club Edition and the fan club will be available or not from overseas.
Unfortunately, I think it's difficult for people who are living outside Japan to get Japan fan club edition.
Last edited by aoba on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.