2018 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Egorbea2018

Re: 2018 US Summer Tour

Post by Egorbea2018 »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:24 pm">5 years ago</span> Thanks, everyone. Here are some thoughts in general on the San Francisco concert.
9. I loved seeing and meeting (and hugging) people who had formerly been friends online only.
[/b

I am very grateful that you and all your online friends have been keeping such a fantastic written and video record of Libera for the last 30 years! I have learned so much about Libera in your Historical Timeline blogs and all the links to other Libera fan sites it contains. It allows us, who cannot go to most concerts, to see any particular boy when he is eight years old and every year until he is fifteen (or 19), growing physically and most importantly as a fabulous Libera singer. If you are going to the Christ Cathedral concert, I would love to meet you and your online friends. I will be in the special front seating section.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Excellent reviews, Maartendas and Henrylonghorn and Amie! Very detailed and such fun to read. Thank you all. :D

I am very happy for you, Maartendas, that you had the opportunity to travel to the US for this event and to enjoy this tour. It is no small distance that you traveled and it's fantastic that you enjoyed the concert and had some fun interactions in the signing line.
Last edited by Surpinto on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:24 pm">5 years ago</span> Thanks, everyone. Here are some thoughts in general on the San Francisco concert.
Amie, I'm so glad that you finally got to see Libera live. It is unbelievable, that you didn't have the chance to attend a concert during all the years you maintain the most comprehensive site about Libera's history. Now you were able to experience the Libera phenomenon with your own eyes and ears.

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:24 pm">5 years ago</span> 1. As soon as it was over, I wanted to see the whole thing again. Or go on to the next concert. It more than exceeded my expectations. This is, as someone said, another "golden age" for Libera.
It was no different for me at my first concert in Ely 2017. Having attended myself three concerts so far it is still so - one can't get enough.
( *side note on* :mrgreen: Actually, a concert DVD would make seeing the whole thing again pretty much possible. We have three such DVDs and a new one would be very much appreciated :mrgreen: *side not off* )

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:24 pm">5 years ago</span> 8. As many people have said, "Nearer My God to Thee" was astoundingly beautiful, and I very much hope Libera will post a YouTube of it, as they did with "Danny Boy."
Oh, yes, please. I do hope it very much too.

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:24 pm">5 years ago</span> 9. I loved seeing and meeting (and hugging) people who had formerly been friends online only.
Definitely. Meeting other fans in person is absolutely a fantastic experience in addition to a concert. The Libera fan community is amazing, isn't it? How I wish I could meet you and thank you personally for your work. Well, maybe one day.

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:24 pm">5 years ago</span> 10. It was an experience I'll never forget.
Exactly. I have no doubt about it. :D
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Thank you very much henrylonghorn and maartendas for your concert reviews. I enjoyed reading them a lot. How can you guys remember so many details?
maartendas wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:49 pm">5 years ago</span> What came next was my first ever proper M&G which is an experience in itself
Oh, I attended three concerts in the UK so far and I never experienced a M&G. This is a shame. I'd love to meet the boys and thank them personally. Hopefully they will have their Christmas concert in London at St.Georges this year with a M&G afterwards.

I second Surpinto here and I'm happy for you maartendas that you managed to go on at least a part of the tour with Libera. This is something I long for. Enjoy the days in California. Then, you have still one concert to come. Enjoy.
ForrestB

Post by ForrestB »

Loving the reviews and excited to for their last concert. So my friend who was supposed to go with me on my trip, cannot join me due to a family emergency and I have an extra ticket for the garden Grove up for grabs. Its for the special front row seating.
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

Hey all!

I had a blast at the LA Cathedral concert, I noticed that "Nearer" was filmed, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET THEM POST THE VIDEO.

Quick question: I have the premium seating for the Christ Cathedral Concert next tuesday. Does anyone know what that means? Do I have a guaranteed seat in the front row, or first two rows? I am wondering because last year there was a huge line and I am hoping I don't need to get there quite so early to get a seat. Not that it isn't worth every second!!
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Apparently they are singing in a couple church services this weekend at Calvary Community Church, where they did a concert last year: https://www.facebook.com/CalvaryWestlak ... =3&theater
There is a live stream of one of the services taking place at 9 AM PDT, but I'm not sure if Libera is singing at that one. You can go to http://calvarywestlake.churchonline.org/ to view it.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Hello everyone. I just thought I ought to say thank you very much to all who shared their experiences here :D . It is appreciated every very second by those like me who cannot attend the tour. The boys seem to have a great time and once again to steal the heart of the audience ! Well deserved.
A great year for Libera, I reckon. An amazing show in Ely, an other tour in the USA and one in Japan to come, and a new album. I hope I'll see you all for the Christmas concert to celebrate how 2018 went for the choir :) I feel like there is a lot going on and to expect... an unusual feeling I enjoy :)
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:33 pm">5 years ago</span> Apparently they are singing in a couple church services this weekend at Calvary Community Church, where they did a concert last year: https://www.facebook.com/CalvaryWestlak ... =3&theater
There is a live stream of one of the services taking place at 9 AM PDT, but I'm not sure if Libera is singing at that one. You can go to http://calvarywestlake.churchonline.org/ to view it.
Well, I went to check the live stream just now when Libera was about to sing "In Christ Alone" with the lead cantor, and it cut away explaining that they couldn't broadcast the parts with Libera singing for copyright reasons. Why would they do that when it's not even a Libera song? I don't think this has ever happened before. I believe they were in the live stream last year without any problems.
niels

Post by niels »

IMG_20180805_182841.jpg
IMG_20180805_182841.jpg (44.32 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
IMG_20180805_182841.jpg
IMG_20180805_182841.jpg (44.32 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
Thats a shame :cry:
Why will they have done that? Any one knows? :?
niels

Post by niels »

It seems that the broadcast from 11.00 also is with Libera, :

"In addition, in Christ Alone with Libera will be broadcast during the 11.00 service"

Hope that this is true :D
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

niels wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:31 pm">5 years ago</span> It seems that the broadcast from 11.00 also is with Libera, :

"In addition, in Christ Alone with Libera will be broadcast during the 11.00 service"

Well, that is indeed what has happened. They might still mute "How Great Thou Art" however. Personally, I would prefer if some of them would lighten up their voices a little more for "In Christ Alone" because of the musical style, but it's still nice to hear them.
niels

Post by niels »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:31 pm">5 years ago</span>
niels wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:31 pm">5 years ago</span> It seems that the broadcast from 11.00 also is with Libera, :

Well, that is indeed what has happened. They might still mute "How Great Thou Art" however. Personally, I would prefer if some of them would lighten up their voices a little more for "In Christ Alone" because of the musical style, but it's still nice to hear them.
Well, no vid of it only lyrics. But the sound was on :D That was a great
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I'm still hoping they can visit Minnesota again in the near future. Then, they could sing at the 10 AM Mass at the Cathedral of St. Paul, which is only broadcast over the radio, and they would be singing from the choir loft out of view of people's mobile devices, because having a choir perform in the middle of the sanctuary is liturgically inappropriate during Mass.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Just as a reminder, here's two videos from last year, How Great Thou Art, by themselves, and In Christ Alone, with the church's worship team. (I would guess that Robert Prizeman was responsible for Libera's vocal arrangement and harmonies on In Christ Alone. They would have had to practice that before the tour began.)

Once again, the professionalism of the boys is apparent, being able to prepare and adapt to different singing situations. And of course, being able to sing a song or two in a regular worship service gives them just that much more exposure, and hopefully gets some extra folks to come to the evening concert. It's a great idea when they can work out that way.