2018 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: 2018 US Summer Tour

Post by maartendas »

Thanks Surpinto! I always write reviews so I'll probably continue that tradition with these two concerts 8)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

I'm starting to get pretty excited about this tour that starts in less than a week! :D The choir and crew will most likely be in Texas by Sunday or Monday for their Tuesday concert in San Antonio. I'll be attending the concert in Plano on the 29th and am looking forward to my second ever Libera live performance. I feel different for this concert than I did last year at St Louis for my first concert. A bit more calm and familiar and feeling relaxed. For those who have seen them multiple times, how does it vary after seeing them many previous times? Is there still a feeling of excitement, anticipation? I'm hopeful there will be a new song or 2 in the set list and maybe even a new soloist or 2 :D
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

As this is concert number four for me, the absolute novelty has worn off but that lessens the anticipation not at all. But for you it was your first time travelling to see them, a big distance too, and meeting the other fans also. That's a lot to take in all in one go. As you very well put it, you are now more familiar with it. That will only serve to enhance your experience. :D

New songs? I think it will be the Ely set list again with "America the Beautiful" added in with maybe another song removed to make room. It's a solid set list and there was a notably wide variety of soloists in Ely; so if this US tour is a repetition of that I am sure you will not be disappointed.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

I'll be happy with the Ely set list. I'll need to look at the new soloists that performed in that one as well. It's amazing how many things can change in one year's time. This is the story with a choir of boys. The emergence of new faces keeps the interest and enjoyment going :D
Noob

Post by Noob »

i'll be attending the concert in L.A. on August 3rd.
but i just had a dream that the concert would be tonight. :shock:
and you have no idea how psyched i was that the day had finally come!!
There is nothing quite like a sweet treble voice.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:30 am">5 years ago</span> For those who have seen them multiple times, how does it vary after seeing them many previous times? Is there still a feeling of excitement, anticipation? I'm hopeful there will be a new song or 2 in the set list and maybe even a new soloist or 2 :D
Going in for concert nr. 8 and 9 on this tour and my anticipation level is still as high as the first time. Maybe because there is always a long time between each concert I attend and I never know when I will be able to see them again so it always feels special to me. Now even more so, as it's the first time flying to another continent to see them :)
I hope Stay With Me remains on the setlist so I can hear Oliver as a soloist again.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Maarten, it's awesome that you will be seeing numbers 8 and 9! It's good to know that you are still excited for these concerts! Which concerts will you be attending? I am with you in the hope that we get to see/hear Oliver perform Stay With Me.😀
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:30 am">5 years ago</span> For those who have seen them multiple times, how does it vary after seeing them many previous times? Is there still a feeling of excitement, anticipation?
Both FDL and I will be attending our 100th Libera concert on this tour. FDL in San Francisco and me at Golden Grove. For me at least, the anticipation and excitement (extreme) is more or less the same as it was for my first at Arundel nine years ago.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:30 am">5 years ago</span> I'm starting to get pretty excited about this tour that starts in less than a week!
I feel different for this concert than I did last year at St Louis for my first concert. A bit more calm and familiar and feeling relaxed. For those who have seen them multiple times, how does it vary after seeing them many previous times? Is there still a feeling of excitement, anticipation? ...
I'm far not that experienced as other people here (3 concerts so far), but I can tell, that my anticipation and excitement remained at very high level each time. Then, the concert experience was better each time. At the first concert I was overwhelmed by the music, lights, performance; I was sad having not remembered so many details, which were described in numerous reviews here. But this got better at the second and third time, as I also felt more familiar and relaxed in a way.

Jay, I'm happy for you that you will be able to see Libera live again. Enjoy the concert and then please write a review for us who can't attend.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:41 pm">5 years ago</span> Which concerts will you be attending? I am with you in the hope that we get to see/hear Oliver perform Stay With Me.😀
Hi Jay, I'm going to the concerts in LA and Garden Grove :)

Wow, I can't believe John and FDL are going to their 100th concert this tour :shock:
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

I find the 2018 Ely setlist the most tempting one recently. 8)
I have no experience on re-seeing them, as I've only been to one tour (hopefully that'll turn into 2 this year) but I think I agree on what others said about it staying somewhat the same. :mrgreen:

Only 3 days until the first concert of the tour! I am sitting here hoping for a bunch of reviews smashed into my face so as to read them all day. :lol:

john45 wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:15 pm">5 years ago</span> Both FDL and I will be attending our 100th Libera concert on this tour.
Congratulations!! You two have such an admirable Libera concert experience! :D
ForrestB

Post by ForrestB »

Looking forward for my 2nd Libera concert. I'll be attending the Garden Grove concert, with my best friend who went with me at last year's concert. Hope everyone will be attending one their concerts this US tour, has a wonderful time.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

ForrestB wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:21 am">5 years ago</span> Looking forward for my 2nd Libera concert. I'll be attending the Garden Grove concert, with my best friend who went with me at last year's concert. Hope everyone will be attending one their concerts this US tour, has a wonderful time.
Enjoy! I think it'll be great. Please be sure to write a review for us and tell us how you liked the concert afterwards. So many of us here enjoy reading those. :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:15 pm">5 years ago</span>
Jay_S wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:30 am">5 years ago</span> For those who have seen them multiple times, how does it vary after seeing them many previous times? Is there still a feeling of excitement, anticipation?
Both FDL and I will be attending our 100th Libera concert on this tour. FDL in San Francisco and me at Golden Grove. For me at least, the anticipation and excitement (extreme) is more or less the same as it was for my first at Arundel nine years ago.
Congratulations to you; a fantastic number and I'm impossibly jealous of you both. Hope these are the best concerts yet :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

I count 27 lads here - missing Merlin B. and perhaps others not included for reasons? Surprised to see Isaac L. in here!

"We thought 30 degrees in London was hot...until we hit 42 degrees in San Antonio, on the first day of our amazing US Tour."
Attachments
ACA386B1-5BE9-4B9C-967F-29F3AC80B971.jpeg
ACA386B1-5BE9-4B9C-967F-29F3AC80B971.jpeg (410.31 KiB) Viewed 958 times
ACA386B1-5BE9-4B9C-967F-29F3AC80B971.jpeg
ACA386B1-5BE9-4B9C-967F-29F3AC80B971.jpeg (410.31 KiB) Viewed 958 times