2018 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Lucas

Re: 2018 US Summer Tour

Post by Lucas »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon May 14, 2018 9:08 am">6 years ago</span>
Lucas wrote: <span title="Sun May 13, 2018 11:59 pm">6 years ago</span> How I wish one of the concert dates was even a single day sooner! :cry:
That much scheduling conflict with no way around it? I am very sorry to hear that. Do you think that there is a workaround?
My summer is filled with week-long classes. I teach music and art to children. :)

If Libera announces any tour dates (which I'm thinking they will not) a few days earlier, that is the one and only week this summer that I do not teach. I may find a way to make Dallas work, but I'd have to find a substitute for the first day of a new class that Monday. I'm very, very interested in making it work, so we'll see. :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Lucas wrote: <span title="Mon May 28, 2018 3:35 am">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon May 14, 2018 9:08 am">6 years ago</span>
Lucas wrote: <span title="Sun May 13, 2018 11:59 pm">6 years ago</span> How I wish one of the concert dates was even a single day sooner! :cry:
That much scheduling conflict with no way around it? I am very sorry to hear that. Do you think that there is a workaround?
My summer is filled with week-long classes. I teach music and art to children. :)

If Libera announces any tour dates (which I'm thinking they will not) a few days earlier, that is the one and only week this summer that I do not teach. I may find a way to make Dallas work, but I'd have to find a substitute for the first day of a new class that Monday. I'm very, very interested in making it work, so we'll see. :)
I hope it works out for you! :D They keep emphasizing that they are not finished scheduling concerts yet.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

New promotional video on YouTube soliciting donations to help fund the tour. It would be great if Libera of the US received a large outpouring of support to help offset the costs of the tour. Without financial assistance we as the long time fans know that they lose money on US tours and will not be likely to return!

ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Tickets are now on sale for Christ Cathedral in Orange County

https://christ-cathedral-concerts.ticke ... of-london/
Noob

Post by Noob »

ChrisJ wrote: <span title="Wed May 30, 2018 9:06 am">6 years ago</span> Tickets are now on sale for Christ Cathedral in Orange County

https://christ-cathedral-concerts.ticke ... of-london/
thanks for the info Chris.

i wish they wouldn't do that. it would be nice if they would give a heads-up before they start selling tickets.
There is nothing quite like a sweet treble voice.
feinstei

Post by feinstei »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon May 28, 2018 9:22 pm">6 years ago</span> New promotional video on YouTube soliciting donations to help fund the tour. It would be great if Libera of the US received a large outpouring of support to help offset the costs of the tour. Without financial assistance we as the long time fans know that they lose money on US tours and will not be likely to return!
Remember also that Libera U.S. can now accept donations of stock shares (such as shares of IBM, General Motors etc etc) which allows you to give these shares directly without having to pay capital gains tax on their sale. This organization's volunteers are the unsung heroes of Libera, working tirelessly, without pay, on mundane tasks such as US Custom and Immigration visa applications, organizing logistics, procuring advertising and publicity etc etc etc. They are very gracious and operate with no charitable "overhead". All the money (or stock) that is given goes directly to support Libera. I'm very proud to be a major supporter of this worthy charity....
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

https://libera.org.uk/event/libera-in-san-antonio-tx/

New concert added in San Antonio on July 24 at 7:30. This will be the concert I will definitely be attending on this tour. :D
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!

:D SEE YOU ALL IN SAN ANTONIO!! :D :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Lucas wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:18 am">6 years ago</span> YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!

:D SEE YOU ALL IN SAN ANTONIO!! :D :D
Told ya so! :lol: :P :wink:
Lisa Winata

Post by Lisa Winata »

Hi. Hope you guys who will be attend the concerts will enjoy . I want to watch them , but from my country , Indonesia to USA , need a lots of money. I just support and jope all the best.

Best wishes
Lisa
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Lisa Winata wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:54 am">6 years ago</span> Hi. Hope you guys who will be attend the concerts will enjoy . I want to watch them , but from my country , Indonesia to USA , need a lots of money. I just support and jope all the best.

Best wishes
Lisa
How about Japan later in the year? Is that easier/cheaper to get to?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Lisa Winata

Post by Lisa Winata »

Hi. Yes it is more possible to come to Japan. I hope I can.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Lisa Winata wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:29 pm">6 years ago</span> Hi. Yes it is more possible to come to Japan. I hope I can.
Hope it works out for you!
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I'm getting a little anxious that only the Christ Cathedral concert has tickets available so far. I would hate to see meager attendance for the other concerts due to the short time frame for selling tickets. If I recall correctly, the 2015 concert at the Tobin Center was pretty well attended, but the concert announcement and ticket sales were more ahead of time compared to this year. I hope that some Libera fans will do what they can to spread the word about the concerts.

In terms of seating capacity, the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in L.A. is the largest, with a fixed-seating capacity of 3000, and room for up to 1100 more people. I'm not crazy about the cathedral's architecture, but the acoustics are supposed to be pretty good. Here's a pdf link that talks about its acoustics starting on page 5:
http://www.acsforum.org/symposium2011/p ... oletti.pdf.

I'm not sure what the seating capacity is at St. Ignatius in San Francisco, but I'm betting it's over 1000. So far, St. Ignatius is the only other venue besides Christ Cathedral that mentions the concert on their website/social media. St. Andrew's UMC in Plano has a seating capacity of either 1649 or 1500, depending on which website you look at. It seems to have some technological features that are similar to Asbury UMC in Tulsa, where Libera performed in 2017.
Noob

Post by Noob »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:59 am">5 years ago</span> I'm getting a little anxious that only the Christ Cathedral concert has tickets available so far.
you and me both.
There is nothing quite like a sweet treble voice.