Beyond

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Beyond

Post by filiarheni »

I like the big variety of possible interpretations of the title "Beyond" and it's amazing to increase the collection by other fans' associations I didn't think of.
Certainly, it will be a constant source of puns, just like "hope" can universally be used. 8)

Last year, Libera provided us with teasers from 20th March onwards. The album's release was 10th May. So I hope Beyond teasers are not beyond hope. :mrgreen:

john45 wrote: <span title="Sat May 26, 2018 10:16 pm">6 years ago</span> I understand that some of the recording might have been done in St. Philip's. Could "Beyond" mean that some tracks include adult voices? Also interesting that "Beyond" will be, in temporal terms, beyond "Hope" - but surely not hopeless!!
Could be that in the end you will be right, John, with your earlier expressed ideas about having some recordings by the St. Philipp's Boys Choir, too ... Belonging to the same home - but beyond Libera.
:wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

That’s interesting news about some songs being recorded at St Philips as I always thought they wanted to make a clear distinction of not getting them confused with Libera side of things.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I was also surprised to hear about recording in St P's, mainly because (and i don't wish to be rude) but it is not the most flattering acoustic to construct an album around.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Leo and Alex battling hard at chess. We’re shooting for a video today...see more pics on our Instagram page.

It looks like we will be getting a video for a song from the new album.

There is a small video on instagram as well if you want to see some photos that are not on Twitter.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

:mrgreen: Yorkie, did you know what a hero you are? I've just discovered this from 4 years ago:

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:52 am">10 years ago</span> In the programme for St George's mention was made for a new album in 2014. Ahead of the 'Peace' album in 2010 we had a bit of a guessing game as to what the new album might be called so I thought we could do the same again while we wait for more news.
[...]
One word guesses: Harmony, Chant, Enchanted/Enchantment, Imagine, Sanctuary, Ascent, Inspire, Fantasy, Sacred, Pure, Together, Beyond, Ethereal, Serenade, Aria, Secret, Paradise, Anthem, Echoes, Dream/Dreams/Dreaming, Prayer, Lullabye, Sing, Gloria, Life, Joy, Faithful,

Longer guesses: Into Paradise, River of Dreams, Never Alone, Fly Away, Spirit of Music/Spirit of Song, Coming Home, In Dreams, Always With You, Dreaming of Home, Amazing Grace, Always There, One Voice, Evening Falls.

The new album will make you rich and famous! :lol:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed May 30, 2018 10:43 pm">5 years ago</span> :mrgreen: Yorkie, did you know what a hero you are? I've just discovered this from 4 years ago:

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:52 am">10 years ago</span> In the programme for St George's mention was made for a new album in 2014. Ahead of the 'Peace' album in 2010 we had a bit of a guessing game as to what the new album might be called so I thought we could do the same again while we wait for more news.
[...]
One word guesses: Harmony, Chant, Enchanted/Enchantment, Imagine, Sanctuary, Ascent, Inspire, Fantasy, Sacred, Pure, Together, Beyond, Ethereal, Serenade, Aria, Secret, Paradise, Anthem, Echoes, Dream/Dreams/Dreaming, Prayer, Lullabye, Sing, Gloria, Life, Joy, Faithful,

Longer guesses: Into Paradise, River of Dreams, Never Alone, Fly Away, Spirit of Music/Spirit of Song, Coming Home, In Dreams, Always With You, Dreaming of Home, Amazing Grace, Always There, One Voice, Evening Falls.

:shock: WOW :shock:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed May 30, 2018 10:43 pm">5 years ago</span> :mrgreen: Yorkie, did you know what a hero you are? I've just discovered
Have you only just realised that now after all this time?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Thu May 31, 2018 6:44 pm">5 years ago</span> Have you only just realised that now after all this time?
:lol: I beg your pardon to the deepest core, Sir Yorkie! Now how can I still show up in front of you in future?! :shock:
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Apart from RP's retirement, my guess for the name Beyond has been stolen by other people here. :P
An album containing mostly arrangements of old songs, or an album with more deeper voices and parts, or an album with both of the above, are my guess also. About the title, it can very well be 'beyond this life' or something alike, I think.

And I'm glad we can all agree that we want "Nearer my God to Thee" on this album! 8)

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed May 30, 2018 10:43 pm">5 years ago</span> :mrgreen: Yorkie, did you know what a hero you are? I've just discovered this from 4 years ago:

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:52 am">10 years ago</span> One word guesses: Harmony, Chant, Enchanted/Enchantment, Imagine, Sanctuary, Ascent, Inspire, Fantasy, Sacred, Pure, Together, Beyond, Ethereal, Serenade, Aria, Secret, Paradise, Anthem, Echoes, Dream/Dreams/Dreaming, Prayer, Lullabye, Sing, Gloria, Life, Joy, Faithful,

And "Dream/Dreams/Dreaming" is also pretty close to "Hope"!
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
niels

Post by niels »

Does anyone know an date wen the album will come out? I'm really excited for the new album and curious of course what RP has done :lol:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

niels wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:42 pm">5 years ago</span> Does anyone know an date wen the album will come out? I'm really excited for the new album and curious of course what RP has done :lol:
No information yet! But I would speculate on an Autumn release date at this point.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:55 pm">5 years ago</span>
niels wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:42 pm">5 years ago</span> Does anyone know an date wen the album will come out? I'm really excited for the new album and curious of course what RP has done :lol:
No information yet! But I would speculate on an Autumn release date at this point.

I am going with July because that’s what has been indicated by the boys and the concert programme.

I am assuming the album is to tie in with the U.S concerts. Plus they have their own record label now so it’s a lot easier to release music for them without needing to jump though hoops.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I'm also hoping for a release to coincide with the US tour. Makes sense and would be really nice to not have to wait very long 8)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:14 pm">5 years ago</span> I'm also hoping for a release to coincide with the US tour. Makes sense and would be really nice to not have to wait very long 8)
Yep and we don’t even know yet if It’s a full blown album. It could be a mini album of mostly remixes songs to to help boost ticket sales and give the audience something new.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:36 am">5 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:55 pm">5 years ago</span>

I am going with July because that’s what has been indicated by the boys and the concert programme.

I am assuming the album is to tie in with the U.S concerts. Plus they have their own record label now so it’s a lot easier to release music for them without needing to jump though hoops.
I would have agreed with this a month ago in Ely but now I am more skeptical due to the timelines. In the program it states that it will be released "soon" which is fairly vague. If they were ready with the album before the US tour I would guess that it would be available for pre-sale online. I would be happy to be wrong.