2018 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: 2018 US Summer Tour

Post by filiarheni »

@e-mail from Libera of the US
This is the most nicely worded, uplifting information e-mail I have ever received! :) I did enjoy reading it and it made me smile. Hope and cheerful anticipation for another Libera US tour shine through and put me in good mood despite me not being able to be part of such a tour. I know that nothing is official and certain, but the word "eerily" catapults my confidence in it taking place into the highest heights! :mrgreen:

Hopefully we will receive more of "something-anything". :lol:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
ForrestB

Post by ForrestB »

Recieved the email from Libera of the US and was happy to read the news. Really hoping they will be coming back to CA. Saw them last year at the Christ Cathedral and was a great experience. Its going to be an exciting year, Libera concert, then going to Belgium, Chez Republic, and Germany, then Disneyland with my godson. Hope they will announce the tour dates soon, so I can start planning my trips. My hotel last year was right across from the Cathedral and pretty close to Disneyland.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I know that Utah has been discussed as a possibility before and since Libera appears to be going out west again, it might be a worthwhile destination for them. Everybody thinks of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in relation to music in Utah, but there's also the One Voice Children's Choir, who recently did a cover of "Do not Stand at My Grave and Weep" by RP. While that children's choir is a little too pop music-oriented for my taste, it would be nice to see Libera meet up with them, assuming they aren't away on their own tour.
Noob

Post by Noob »

has anyone heard anything about potential venues besides the Crystal Cathedral?
There is nothing quite like a sweet treble voice.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Update!

This is from Libera of the US email. This is happening, people! :D
We have some exciting news for you all!

We can now officially confirm that Libera will indeed be returning to the US this summer.

Here is a partial list of concert venues and dates. More dates may be added.

We hope to see you at the concerts, and please give some thought to helping us cover the expenses of bringing them back, by donating to Libera of the US at LIBERA.ORG.

Here is the official statement from Libera:

Libera will be returning to the US this summer. We are very pleased to announce that concerts will take place in the following venues during the tour and that more will be added:

Sunday 29th July, 2018: St Andrew United Methodist Church, Plano, Dallas, Texas

Tuesday 31st July, 2018: St Ignatius Church, San Francisco, California

Friday 3rd August, 2018: Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, Los Angeles, California

Tuesday 7th August, 2018: Christ Cathedral, Garden Grove, California

Box / booking offices have not yet opened and information, including ticketing details, will follow shortly with news of tour plans as they unfold further.

Meantime, donations are welcome to support the tour and can be made via our websites: LIBERA.ORG and LIBERA.ORG.UK.
https://mailchi.mp/aa0c4e6433de/announc ... er-us-tour
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

How I wish one of the concert dates was even a single day sooner! :cry:
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Hmmm This is exciting but a little frustrating for me personally. If no additional concerts are added, I'll probably fly to San Francisco and then to LA. That would be about it. Libera does well in California so there is no surprise about the 3 California dates. Will wait to see how this plays out :D
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Noob

Post by Noob »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun May 13, 2018 11:28 pm">6 years ago</span> Update!

This is from Libera of the US email. This is happening, people! :D
We have some exciting news for you all!

We can now officially confirm that Libera will indeed be returning to the US this summer.

Here is a partial list of concert venues and dates. More dates may be added.

We hope to see you at the concerts, and please give some thought to helping us cover the expenses of bringing them back, by donating to Libera of the US at LIBERA.ORG.

Here is the official statement from Libera:

Libera will be returning to the US this summer. We are very pleased to announce that concerts will take place in the following venues during the tour and that more will be added:

Friday 3rd August, 2018: Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, Los Angeles, California

Box / booking offices have not yet opened and information, including ticketing details, will follow shortly with news of tour plans as they unfold further.

Meantime, donations are welcome to support the tour and can be made via our websites: LIBERA.ORG and LIBERA.ORG.UK.
https://mailchi.mp/aa0c4e6433de/announc ... er-us-tour
Thanks Surpinto.

Much appreciated!!!! :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Lucas wrote: <span title="Sun May 13, 2018 11:59 pm">6 years ago</span> How I wish one of the concert dates was even a single day sooner! :cry:
That much scheduling conflict with no way around it? I am very sorry to hear that. Do you think that there is a workaround?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

New promotional video about this tour! Thank you Lauren on Twitter for finding this.

kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Those 4 concerts have made it to their Events page - https://libera.org.uk/events/calendar/ :)
Still no information about the tickets price and the opening time.
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I just see on a calendar that the Libera concert on Tuesday July 31st in San Francisco at the St Ignatius Church falls on ... St Ignatius day ! :)
Noob

Post by Noob »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon May 21, 2018 11:38 pm">6 years ago</span> I just see on a calendar that the Libera concert on Tuesday July 31st in San Francisco at the St Ignatius Church falls on ... St Ignatius day ! :)
Coincidence?
I think not!!!
Joshua Wake

Post by Joshua Wake »

YAY!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Another email update for those subscribed to the Libera of the US email list. It is similar to the last email but seems to have been sent specifically to donors.
We are pleased to announce that LIBERA will be returning to the US this summer for a tour of Texas and California.

The following dates have been booked so far, and more may be added.
If you have already donated to Libera of the US since the last tour, then thank you very much! You have helped us to bring the choir back!

If not, we're asking for your support again this year to help us bring the boys back for a another successful US tour. Everyone at LIBERA appreciates your continued support. Without support from donors like you, these US tours would not be possible.

If you'd like to donate, you may use our online donation forms on our US website at libera.org, or mail us a check payable to:

Libera of the US
PO Box 20095
San Jose, CA 95160

In any event, we continue to be thankful for your support, and hope to see you at a LIBERA concert in the US this summer!