Concert at Ely Cathedral in May 2018

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

john45
Gold Member

Re: Concert at Ely Cathedral in May 2018

Post by john45 »

andmar wrote: <span title="Mon May 07, 2018 7:28 pm">6 years ago</span> By the way - please watch out everybody not to be too late for the concert, as the countdown timer seems to be one hour late. :mrgreen:
It shows, we have one hour more to wait than we really have. Or am I wrong :?: :roll:
Calculation is giving me a headache but I think you're right. Maybe needs an adjustment for BST.
By the way, I'm predicting some new songs and new soloists. If anyone is thinking of missing this, don't.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon May 07, 2018 9:50 pm">6 years ago</span> The countdown timer is not wrong. It is using the UK time. That is, when the countdown reaches zero it will be 7:30 GMT on May 12, but not 7:30 local time for those in a different timezone.
Yes, the countdown timer is using GMT. But current UK local time is BST, which is one hour ahead :mrgreen:

john45 wrote: <span title="Mon May 07, 2018 9:51 pm">6 years ago</span> By the way, I'm predicting some new songs and new soloists. If anyone is thinking of missing this, don't.
Oh really :D That sounds great and very reliable if stated by such a super-fan like you, John.

I’m looking very much forward to attending the concert in Ely and meeting old and new friends there.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

andmar wrote: <span title="Mon May 07, 2018 10:17 pm">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon May 07, 2018 9:50 pm">6 years ago</span> The countdown timer is not wrong. It is using the UK time. That is, when the countdown reaches zero it will be 7:30 GMT on May 12, but not 7:30 local time for those in a different timezone.
Yes, the countdown timer is using GMT. But current UK local time is BST, which is one hour ahead :mrgreen:
Oops! :lol: :oops:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

john45 wrote: <span title="Mon May 07, 2018 9:51 pm">6 years ago</span> By the way, I'm predicting some new songs and new soloists. If anyone is thinking of missing this, don't.
"Some" new songs??? Since I'd already be satisfied to have one new song, now my expectation and hope are "going through the ceiling". I had already begun not to sleep properly anymore and now this in addition! :lol:

What line-up do we expect for Saturday, the same as in London? Do we have a photo with the names of the miniboys or could anyone post a link to the most recent photo, since at the moment I don't find it? That would be great, thank you! :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue May 08, 2018 6:08 am">6 years ago</span>
"Some" new songs??? Since I'd already be satisfied to have one new song, now my expectation and hope are "going through the ceiling". I had already begun not to sleep properly anymore and now this in addition! :lol:
The excitement is building, eh? New songs would be amazing. You need to rest up, we would not want you falling asleep during the concert :wink:
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue May 08, 2018 6:08 am">6 years ago</span> What line-up do we expect for Saturday, the same as in London? Do we have a photo with the names of the miniboys or could anyone post a link to the most recent photo, since at the moment I don't find it? That would be great, thank you! :)
Libera Passion's dedicated member's page is an excellent resource for that very question. Our French friends are extremely comprehensive. http://libera-passion.exprimetoi.net/t1 ... embre-2017
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue May 08, 2018 10:24 am">6 years ago</span> The excitement is building, eh? New songs would be amazing. You need to rest up, we would not want you falling asleep during the concert :wink:

And then their relaxing music ... Well, perhaps one of my seat neighbours kindly has a needle with himself ... :mrgreen:

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue May 08, 2018 10:24 am">6 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue May 08, 2018 6:08 am">6 years ago</span> What line-up do we expect for Saturday, the same as in London? Do we have a photo with the names of the miniboys or could anyone post a link to the most recent photo, since at the moment I don't find it? That would be great, thank you! :)
Libera Passion's dedicated member's page is an excellent resource for that very question. Our French friends are extremely comprehensive. http://libera-passion.exprimetoi.net/t1 ... embre-2017
Ah yeees, thank you! :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Oh right I need to check these names too :lol: And yet I bet that haircuts and growing children will confuse me again... They look so different sometimes !

I found the attached ticket with the email, thank for your help ! The french strikes got my train cancelled, but I had to pick an other one for free... everything's fine I hope ! Finger crossed...
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It’s safe to say I have given up on knowing who the younger boys are now. If they stick around until they are 13/14 I will by then know who they are 🙃🙃🙃
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

I am kind of worried about the weather though... I was hoping for warm Friday and Saturday, but oh well... I guess I will limit the outdoor activities slightly. Last year was kind of cold too if I remember correctly.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

You guys! Worried about such trivial things and I sit here just hoping to get reports of what's going on! :lol:
"with a down derry, derry down down"
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Visit Ely seem to have indicated that Libera have a new album coming out :mrgreen:
Libera in Concert
Sat 12th May 2018

A British group of seven- to sixteen-year-old boys who have been wowing audiences across the world will be performing its UK spring concert in Ely Cathedral on Saturday 12th May. Since it was formed in 1995, Libera has travelled the world, topping the mainstream and classical charts and bringing its distinctive sound to television, radio and live audiences.

In the UK, the choir has sung on programmes from Songs of Praise to Last Choir Standing and BBC Breakfast, whilst overseas they have performed for some of the world’s greatest leaders, including Bill Clinton and two popes. This year, the group’s UK spring concert will, once again, take place in Ely Cathedral, providing the opportunity for local audiences to experience these remarkable boys at first hand. Dressed in their hallmark long white robes, they will present their special brand of choral music in a fully staged concert with orchestra and lighting, including some of the most beautiful choral pieces ever written and music from their forthcoming new album
Amended*
Last edited by dani on Fri May 11, 2018 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote: <span title="Thu May 10, 2018 3:48 pm">6 years ago</span> Ely Cathedral seem to have indicated that Libera have a new album coming out :mrgreen:
Libera in Concert
Sat 12th May 2018

A British group of seven- to sixteen-year-old boys who have been wowing audiences across the world will be performing its UK spring concert in Ely Cathedral on Saturday 12th May. Since it was formed in 1995, Libera has travelled the world, topping the mainstream and classical charts and bringing its distinctive sound to television, radio and live audiences.

In the UK, the choir has sung on programmes from Songs of Praise to Last Choir Standing and BBC Breakfast, whilst overseas they have performed for some of the world’s greatest leaders, including Bill Clinton and two popes. This year, the group’s UK spring concert will, once again, take place in Ely Cathedral, providing the opportunity for local audiences to experience these remarkable boys at first hand. Dressed in their hallmark long white robes, they will present their special brand of choral music in a fully staged concert with orchestra and lighting, including some of the most beautiful choral pieces ever written and music from their forthcoming new album
:D New album = new songs on Saturday I hope 8)
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I can't wait :D I'm super excited ! I printed all tickets, checked everything was all set for this weekend.
And god knows I really need this, I am soooo stressed these days, I shall hope the peaceful voices of the boys will relax me... If you see someone cry, that'll probably be me !
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

That seat in row "M" is still available. PM me if interested.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

The set list and the boys who performed tonight!

A new album “Libera Beyond” is out in a few months.

[url=https://ibb.co/izPr3y]Image