London Concert - 1 December 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Sjh

Re: London Concert - 1 December 2017

Post by Sjh »

Waterloo Travel Lodge will have a drink on the way to the concert in the Three Stags a short walk to St Gorges as I have done before the last 2 concerts.
Victor C

Post by Victor C »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:50 pm">6 years ago</span> I think we will all be spread across London - I'm staying in king's Cross myself (convenient for my trip back North to Hogwarts). I guess people will congregate at St George's ahead of the actual concert start time as usual.
You're quite right. I'll be staying in Hackney but I guess we'll all see each other just before the concert starts.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Victor C wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:44 pm">6 years ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:50 pm">6 years ago</span> I think we will all be spread across London - I'm staying in king's Cross myself (convenient for my trip back North to Hogwarts). I guess people will congregate at St George's ahead of the actual concert start time as usual.
You're quite right. I'll be staying in Hackney but I guess we'll all see each other just before the concert starts.
Oh no, we'll be at St George's long before the concert starts :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Victor C

Post by Victor C »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:41 pm">6 years ago</span> Oh no, we'll be at St George's long before the concert starts :D
Sure :D Any suggestions for something to eat in the area?
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:41 pm">6 years ago</span> Oh no, we'll be at St George's long before the concert starts :D
Victor C wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:19 pm">6 years ago</span> Sure :D Any suggestions for something to eat in the area?
I wonder if 7 a.m. will be early enough :lol: :lol:

As I'm still a newbie, I've never been to any concert at St.Georges before, but I visited the cathedral few weeks ago while I was in London. Actually, the neighborhood doesn't look very interesting. I wonder, if there are any places around where we could spend time waiting for the concert. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :D
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Victor C wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:19 pm">6 years ago</span>
Sure :D Any suggestions for something to eat in the area?
I'm not so familiar with the area for refreshments, however I did have a nice meal at a fish restaurant called Masters Superfish. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Maste ... -0.1077851
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

andmar wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:05 pm">6 years ago</span>
Victor C wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:19 pm">6 years ago</span> Sure :D Any suggestions for something to eat in the area?
I wonder if 7 a.m. will be early enough :lol: :lol:

As I'm still a newbie, I've never been to any concert at St.Georges before, but I visited the cathedral few weeks ago while I was in London. Actually, the neighborhood doesn't look very interesting. I wonder, if there are any places around where we could spend time waiting for the concert. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :D
I've never been, but the Imperial War Museum is only a stones throw away.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Imper ... -0.1086615
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

paul wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:26 pm">6 years ago</span> I've never been, but the Imperial War Museum is only a stones throw away.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Imper ... -0.1086615
That is a very interesting, very well-made museum! Entry is free, so you can come and go and stay as long as you feel like (also ideal for filling the time until you must go to the airport; Elephant & Castle with all kinds of buses and undergrounds are close by). I went there twice last year and there is so much to see that I could only cover a smaller part. So I sure will go there again in December and do the next part.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Hi all
A question for those who are regulars at the concerts...will St. George’s be open during the day and is there any chance of watching rehearsals? I know this has been done at other venues before but not sure about St. George’s! And for the first time, I can be in London earlier than just for the concert so don’t want to miss out!
Thanks
Danie :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

danieb88 wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:35 pm">6 years ago</span> Hi all
A question for those who are regulars at the concerts...will St. George’s be open during the day and is there any chance of watching rehearsals? I know this has been done at other venues before but not sure about St. George’s! And for the first time, I can be in London earlier than just for the concert so don’t want to miss out!
Thanks
St George’s rehearsal is always closed to the public.

St George’s is open during the day as the boys don’t normally arrive until 4.30pm because of school and then the church shuts its doors for rehearsal.
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Thanks Dani, that’s a shame - maybe next time :D
Danie :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:38 pm">6 years ago</span>
Al17 wrote: <span title="Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:46 pm">6 years ago</span> I also have a M9 seat.
ste1701fan wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:14 pm">6 years ago</span> oh wow that would be even better.....
Step by step, you are moving towards the front row. :wink:
ste1701fan wrote: <span title="Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:07 pm">6 years ago</span> yeah really!
Hi, ste1701fan, I tried to send you a PM some weeks ago, but you seem to not have opened it yet. I think I may assume that you do not need the V17 nor the C2 seats anymore, is that right?

So if not, I'd like to offer both of them now to others who might be interested (see the red ones; C2 has restricted view, but a screen).

Libera London 2017-12-01 V17 C2.JPG
Libera London 2017-12-01 V17 C2.JPG (51.2 KiB) Viewed 1275 times
Libera London 2017-12-01 V17 C2.JPG
Libera London 2017-12-01 V17 C2.JPG (51.2 KiB) Viewed 1275 times
Victor C

Post by Victor C »

Regular concertgoers: The ticketsource website states that the concert finishes at 9:45pm, but what time is it most likely going to finish, based on your past experience (especially if you went there last year)?

I'm helping my friend make his travel arrangements back home after the concert, and this information would greatly help. Thanks in advance.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

If I remember correctly, 9:45 pm should be more or less right.

But M&G? Last year, there was one, and afterwards, we left at about 10:30 pm.