Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

hiskeys
Silver Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by hiskeys »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:32 am">6 years ago</span>
frankstuart wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:56 pm">6 years ago</span> I would truly love to be able to sit in on a rehearsal and watch the work. It has always been a mystery to me what the procedures and processes are that goes into the boys learning new music. Surely there is a very limited time for group rehearsal each week so most of the learning must be an individual endeavor. It would be so interesting to have a report on what goes into making Libera - well, Libera!
This very part!! It's like I'm talking to myself :lol: Maybe you and I should start a thread where people guess HOW Libera becomes Libera, and how Mr. Prizeman manages to bring the 'Libera' out of the boys (we may discuss the directing style of RP, the music reading, the vocal training, the techniques they use at lives, etc). We can't say anything for sure, but it's fun to guess and also to know about other's opinions. (Of course in case there hasn't been a thread like that before, I'm new so I still know very little about this place). [end of kinda_k001 post]

[hiskeys] If you haven't seem them yet, you might find these two videos interesting. The first is a 2009 Songs of Praise TV special that was entirely devoted to Libera. Sections on training include 7:58-8:45, 12:38-14:15, and 29:08-29:50. The second video was two years earlier, in 2007, as a bonus feature from their first DVD, filmed in the Netherlands. Sections on training include 3:55-5:50 and 8:25-9:32. I believe this DVD is currently out of stock, except for used copies on Amazon, eBay, etc.

frankstuart

Post by frankstuart »

Thank you hiskeys for the two videos. They do indeed show a few brief glimpses into the rehearsals of Libera. I had seen both before but it was a several years ago and didn't remember them. It was fun watching them again with some of the earlier boys.

It's amazing how Libera has continued to grow and develop as the boys and their voices in it change. Every time you hear them with different voices they are a brand new group!

I had forgotten what a card Tom and Josh were back then. Proof that all the Libera boys are regular boy who bring a special kind of joy to the world.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:54 pm">6 years ago</span> One good accident at the airport in St.Louis.
I walked to my gate and I saw some kids who wore white shirts walked in the Starbucks at same terminal.
Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:16 am">6 years ago</span> When the concert ended and I returned to the hotel, and the local people sent me by car.
They said that it's dangerous to go home alone.
They were kind to me, just because we attended to the same concert.
They were really nice people.

I want to share more story-yes funny/nice stories. :D
Thank you Libera Snow for sharing these stories with us. Getting to know so little things which happened around a concert gives always a bigger picture and allows us to get more of the feeling how it was. And YES, PLEASE, write more stories like these.
Last edited by andmar on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:32 am">6 years ago</span>
frankstuart wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:56 pm">6 years ago</span> I would truly love to be able to sit in on a rehearsal and watch the work. It has always been a mystery to me what the procedures and processes are that goes into the boys learning new music. Surely there is a very limited time for group rehearsal each week so most of the learning must be an individual endeavor. It would be so interesting to have a report on what goes into making Libera - well, Libera!
This very part!! It's like I'm talking to myself :lol: Maybe you and I should start a thread where people guess HOW Libera becomes Libera, and how Mr. Prizeman manages to bring the 'Libera' out of the boys (we may discuss the directing style of RP, the music reading, the vocal training, the techniques they use at lives, etc). We can't say anything for sure, but it's fun to guess and also to know about other's opinions. (Of course in case there hasn't been a thread like that before, I'm new so I still know very little about this place).
Yes, having a glimpse of a normal everyday life of Libera would be my dream too. Though, we are limited to the information, which is released by Libera themselves. And it is not much. To be honest, I can understand this, as the "know how" is the value of the group and the greatest achievement of Robert Prizeman. I can understand they are reluctant to sharing it with the world.

Maybe starting a new thread on this topic will be interesting, but I'm pretty sure, that there will be our speculations only.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I forgot to listen to the streaming radio broadcast earlier this evening which featured John Romeri (Christ Cathedral music director) interviewing Robert Prizeman and three of the singers. They haven't posted the podcast just yet, but hopefully it will show up soon. Speaking of John Romeri, I just realized that he was music director at the St. Louis Cathedral Basilica when Libera sang there in 2010. He moved on to Philadelphia about a month after that concert, and eventually wound up at Christ Cathedral.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:56 am">6 years ago</span> I forgot to listen to the streaming radio broadcast earlier this evening which featured John Romeri (Christ Cathedral music director) interviewing Robert Prizeman and three of the singers. They haven't posted the podcast just yet, but hopefully it will show up soon. Speaking of John Romeri, I just realized that he was music director at the St. Louis Cathedral Basilica when Libera sang there in 2010. He moved on to Philadelphia about a month after that concert, and eventually wound up at Christ Cathedral.
I missed it too, so I'm waiting for the official upload. An interview by a cathedral's music director may bring out more information about Libera's 'expertise', because as a specialized person in choral music, he probably knows where to 'dig' :roll:

andmar wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:31 pm">6 years ago</span> Yes, having a glimpse of a normal everyday life of Libera would be my dream too. Though, we are limited to the information, which is released by Libera themselves. And it is not much. To be honest, I can understand this, as the "know how" is the value of the group and the greatest achievement of Robert Prizeman. I can understand they are reluctant to sharing it with the world.

Maybe starting a new thread on this topic will be interesting, but I'm pretty sure, that there will be our speculations only.
I wouldn't share either it if I could achieve such goals (because it's a core value, and also limited info sharing is beneficial for the boys themselves). And yes I agree that if a certain discussion actually happens, it would just be us guessing in the dark :lol:
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

I have a few photos to post from the Meet and Greet in St Louis. I'll have more to post in the coming days.

Isaac and Allesandro
IMG_9780-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9780-copysfw.jpg (392.89 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
IMG_9780-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9780-copysfw.jpg (392.89 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
Allesandro and Alex M
IMG_9781-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9781-copysfw.jpg (368.8 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
IMG_9781-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9781-copysfw.jpg (368.8 KiB) Viewed 1612 times

Alex M
IMG_9787-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9787-copysfw.jpg (290.65 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
IMG_9787-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9787-copysfw.jpg (290.65 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

It looks like there is a limit to how many images can be uploaded at one time. Here are some others.

Rocco
IMG_9792-copysfw2.jpg
IMG_9792-copysfw2.jpg (363.85 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
IMG_9792-copysfw2.jpg
IMG_9792-copysfw2.jpg (363.85 KiB) Viewed 1612 times

Emanuele and Rocco looking bored
IMG_9790-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9790-copysfw.jpg (340.51 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
IMG_9790-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9790-copysfw.jpg (340.51 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
Emanuele
IMG_9802-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9802-copysfw.jpg (412.02 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
IMG_9802-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9802-copysfw.jpg (412.02 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

The last for now.

Alex G
IMG_9806-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9806-copysfw.jpg (373.16 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
IMG_9806-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9806-copysfw.jpg (373.16 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
Arthur
IMG_9811-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9811-copysfw.jpg (401.06 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
IMG_9811-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9811-copysfw.jpg (401.06 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
Matthias
IMG_9813-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9813-copysfw.jpg (372.71 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
IMG_9813-copysfw.jpg
IMG_9813-copysfw.jpg (372.71 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Here is the link to the podcast of the radio interview with Libera:http://occatholic.com/category/podcast/ ... the-tower/
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:25 am">6 years ago</span> I have a few photos to post from the Meet and Greet in St Louis. I'll have more to post in the coming days.
Thanks for all these photos, I would love to see more 'in the coming days' :wink:
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:50 am">6 years ago</span> Here is the link to the podcast of the radio interview with Libera:http://occatholic.com/category/podcast/ ... the-tower/
I'm about to share that, you were fast :P
48 mins long, I'm listening to it right now.
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Nice photos, Jay!
Jay_S wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:29 am">6 years ago</span> It looks like there is a limit to how many images can be uploaded at one time. Here are some others.
You can get around this limit by uploading your photos to Twitter or a photo hosting site (I have used http://postimages.org/ in the past for this) and then using the IMG tag in the forum code to display the image like this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://someurl.com/yourphoto.jpg[/img]
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:50 am">6 years ago</span> Here is the link to the podcast of the radio interview with Libera:http://occatholic.com/category/podcast/ ... the-tower/
Thank you! It is now on soundcloud to make it easier to listen to on mobile devices: https://soundcloud.com/surpinto/music-f ... and-libera
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Ben had a Birthday while in St Louis. He received this card from some fans.
Ben.jpg
Ben.jpg (279.49 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
Ben.jpg
Ben.jpg (279.49 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
B-day card 1.jpg
B-day card 1.jpg (433.78 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
B-day card 1.jpg
B-day card 1.jpg (433.78 KiB) Viewed 1476 times

B-day card 2.jpg
B-day card 2.jpg (396.89 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
B-day card 2.jpg
B-day card 2.jpg (396.89 KiB) Viewed 1476 times