Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Libera Snow

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by Libera Snow »

My first Libera 's concert was excellent that I could not express in words.

I was worried that I was going to feel tearful.
But, I felt happy as soon as the concert started.
I listened to Libera with a smile during the concert.
I admired that boys could do such perfected performance because of Robert’s wonderful guidance.
He also understands and respects each student well.I learned a lot from him(I am teaching).

Libera gives dreams and hopes, and various positive things.
I am glad that I made a big decision and flew to Libera’s concert.

Thank you for talking and kindly to everyone of the Libera fans I met at the concert venue.

Libera Snow
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:52 am">6 years ago</span> My first Libera 's concert was excellent that I could not express in words.

I admired that boys could do such perfected performance because of Robert’s wonderful guidance.
He also understands and respects each student well.I learned a lot from him(I am teaching).

Thank you for talking and kindly to everyone of the Libera fans I met at the concert venue.

Libera Snow
Your feelings were nearly the same as mine. I'm so happy to have met you and shared the concert experience with you. Libera does indeed give dreams and hope and positive things.

I'm really happy that you enjoyed the concert!
"with a down derry, derry down down"
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Thank you Jay_S for all the lovely photos and also Libera Snow for your emotional post - it touched my heart. Libera do give us a positive feeling about this messed up world, don't they :D

Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:52 am">6 years ago</span> I admired that boys could do such perfected performance because of Robert’s wonderful guidance.
Now you make me want to see Mr. Prizeman even more...
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:32 pm">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:21 am">6 years ago</span> It is certainly true that being a Libera fan practically requires one to be a nice person (usually lol) because everyone I met was super kind and lots of fun. It is my theory that the type of beautiful music that Libera delivers is not the sort that caters to the cold-hearted.
Indeed! *Well, you can't imagine how rude I can be in real life; but when it comes to Libera, I feel the urge to have appropriate language and manners and I think that is a good thing* Still waiting for the day I can meet everyone :roll:

About Angele Dei, I think it's a song that requires a 'thick' voice of the soloist, and from the only sentence in 'Salva Regina' I knew that his voice has that characteristic. Still wondering about the way he sang 'Amazing Grace' - still with that voice, or he had an ability to 'adjust' his voice? If so, he's definitely in the top class already!! 8) Totally agree with you on the 'tip-top shape' part.

I've always liked 'Exultate' too (it sounds like the music of the Troubadours in the Medieval period to me), and from my perspective, the solo lines of 'Exultate' are among the most difficult ones to sing properly among Libera songs (not because they're full of high notes, but because they're too fast to sing every note with the necessary carefulness) - I've seen some fancams of that song and there were flats every time. That's why I nearly jumped out of my chair when I read about how Merlin was doing it super fine - congrats, Merlin! :wink:

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:21 am">6 years ago</span> I loved meeting my fellow fans and that alone was worth the trip.
I'm hoping that I'll get to see you one day, too :D
I am sure that you are not rude at all :lol: :D. Rocco did do a fine job on amazing grace. I enjoyed it. Obviously it does not sound like Ciaran did on the "Libera in America" album, as his voice was sweeter in its tone, it's just different. I was mightily impressed with Rocco.

I'm sure we will meet at a concert one day.
Jay_S wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:00 am">6 years ago</span>
Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:52 am">6 years ago</span> My first Libera 's concert was excellent that I could not express in words.

Libera Snow
Your feelings were nearly the same as mine. I'm so happy to have met you and shared the concert experience with you. Libera does indeed give dreams and hope and positive things.

I'm really happy that you enjoyed the concert!
Could not have said it better myself. It was very good meeting you both. Thank you for the review, Libera Snow, and for being so kind to Jay and I.

Jay, great pictures! Post a review soon!!
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:36 am">6 years ago</span> I'm not posting my review now but I will post just a few images.
Thank you Jay for the pictures. I'm happy for you, that you enjoyed the concert. I'm looking forward to read your review and hopefully meet you at some Libera concert :D . Maybe on December 1st in London?

Thank you Libera Snow for your words. You were lucky to attend two concerts, so your joy must have been at least double :D . I'm happy for you that you enjoyed the shows and honestly, I feel jealous a bit :oops: . Yes, definitely, Libera music delivers much more than only sounds and harmonies. You are right: dreams, hopes, positive emotions. So, now is time for you to plan the next concert :wink: isn't it? Maybe on December 1st in London? I'd love to meet you in person.
Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:52 am">6 years ago</span> I admired that boys could do such perfected performance because of Robert’s wonderful guidance.
This is amazing what Robert Prizeman and the whole Libera staff were able to achieve. Robert can get such a performance out of those children, such level of professionalism, and at the same time he is able to make the Libera membership an adventure of life for the boys. This is really so unique and deserves the most appreciation.

Thank you all for sharing your experience with us, who were unable to come to the USA.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:32 pm">6 years ago</span> *Well, you can't imagine how rude I can be in real life; but when it comes to Libera, I feel the urge to have appropriate language and manners and I think that is a good thing* Still waiting for the day I can meet everyone :roll:
:shock: No, I just can't believe you can be rude. No, this doesn't fit at all. I'm sure you are mistaken :lol: :lol: .

Yes, meeting other fans is a wonderful experience which makes a Libera concert even more enjoyable. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person one day too. :D
Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

Dear Libera fan,

Thank you very much for your responses to my message.

One good accident at the airport in St.Louis.
I walked to my gate and I saw some kids who wore white shirts walked in the Starbucks at same terminal.
As you know in the United States, adults do not allow small children to act alone. Even if it is a toilet.
So many people watched those small (adorable) children.I found they were Libera's boys! They looked like very ordinary kids and they had their own wallets and enjoyed shopping. Of course I did not take any picture of them.Just smiled to watch them-but it's weird when people realized that I watched the boys with smile :twisted:
I also made a short conversation with Robert Prizeman and shook hands/hugged.He mentioned I could see all boys at their gate.
Barbara and Eleanor were very nice ladies.

My trip to listen to Libera was completed!
And one more accident-my seat was blocked!
But I finally backed to my place.
It's a very nice short trip with my first concert.

Sincerely,

Libera Snow
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:54 pm">6 years ago</span> One good accident at the airport in St.Louis.
I walked to my gate and I saw some kids who wore white shirts walked in the Starbucks at same terminal.
As you know in the United States, adults do not allow small children to act alone. Even if it is a toilet.
So many people watched those small (adorable) children.I found they were Libera's boys! They looked like very ordinary kids and they had their own wallets and enjoyed shopping. Of course I did not take any picture of them.Just smiled to watch them-but it's weird when people realized that I watched the boys with smile :twisted:
I also made a short conversation with Robert Prizeman and shook hands/hugged.He mentioned I could see all boys at their gate.
WOW, just WOW!! :shock: I've just thought that all of the jealousy's been put aside, now you make me jealous again :P *not in a bad way, please don't get me wrong*. These trivial things (besides the fabulous concerts) just make the whole trip even more memorable, heh? :wink:
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
frankstuart

Post by frankstuart »

It has been wonderful reading all of the reviews and impression from those who also attended some of the US concerts. It is amazing the effect that the boys of Libera has on everyone that meets or even just listens to their music! I totally understand how Libera Snow felt throughout the concert. I felt the exact same way when I first saw them in San Antonio their last tour. I sat in awe through the entire performance. I remember very little of it except for the beautiful feeling and peace it brought to my soul.

Having taught music in the public schools for 25 years I total am enthralled with the work and accomplishments that must be credited to Dr. Prizeman. I would truly love to be able to sit in on a rehearsal and watch the work. It has always been a mystery to me what the procedures and processes are that goes into the boys learning new music. Surely there is a very limited time for group rehearsal each week so most of the learning must be an individual endeavor. It would be so interesting to have a report on what goes into making Libera - well, Libera!

The report on the airport encounter was so fun to read! Just like other members, I am very jealous of the opportunity to see the boys in their natural state (as it were)! And the chance to meet and talk to Dr. Prizeman, even just for a few minutes must have been so exciting!

It sounds that in spite of a few technical and audio issues the entire tour went off extremely well. Hopefully it will encourage the group to make an encore visit to the USA very, very soon. For anyone that was not fortunate enough to get to one of the concerts this time, may I suggest you start a "Libera Fund" now in order to be able to be at a future concert. I realize that it can be a challenge for those of us with extremely limited funds and resources so making a commitment now will make the future possible. Believe me, it is very much worth the effort.

Many, many thanks to everyone who made the tour possible and who attended the performances. I'm so excited hearing all of the enthusiastic responses and comments. Hopefully the boys or whoever reads this blog at Libera Central will relay our feelings and emotions to the group.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Woh thank you all for your reviews :D (I just let my pizza burn while reading you... such a shame !). I also feel a bit jealous, hearing that the concerts have been a real sucess... or that you can just happen to catch a fly at the airport at the same time as Mr Prizeman and have a spontaneous chat !

But it makes me even more determinate to attend the December's concert in London ! And to meet you (rude or not !). Being a student, there is no way I could afford to go to the USA, but London isn't that far ;) I'll follow your advice frankstuart !

I was so sad not to attend these concerts that I watched my DVDs once more, and I found myself thinking of how much these guys have grown up, and that we have a lot of new talents in the group. Isn't it amazing how Libera never stops, how new talented boys always manage to carry the group ?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Well the tour is over, but Libera of the US has given us a little "goodbye" treat on their YouTube channel. :D

Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

Thank you for your responses Surpint,Jay-S,Padmachou,Frankstuart,Kinda-kool and Andmar!

I am turning over the concert program while I l'm listening to Libera.

Tulsa 's concert was very impressive.
Every singer of Libera sang prefectly and the sound was so beautiful.

The concert also showed the warmth of people in Tulsa.
The church seemed to have donated money from many local volunteers for the concert.
It also tells us that local people stood up first and all of us listened to the last song.

When the concert ended and I returned to the hotel, and the local people sent me by car.
They said that it's dangerous to go home alone.
They were kind to me, just because we attended to the same concert.
They were really nice people.

I want to share more story-yes funny/nice stories. :D

Libera Snow
frankstuart

Post by frankstuart »

Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:16 am">6 years ago</span>
The concert also showed the warmth of people in Tulsa.
The church seemed to have donated money from many local volunteers for the concert.
It also tells us that local people stood up first and all of us listened to the last song.

When the concert ended and I returned to the hotel, and the local people sent me by car.
They were really nice people.

I want to share more story-yes funny/nice stories. :D

Libera Snow
Libera and it's music always seems to bring out the very best in people. After all, when have you ever heard of a riot breaking out at one of their concerts???? (Maybe we need to drop planeloads of their CDs over some of the world's trouble spots and let their music do it's mystical work on the combatants!)

In Houston I was able to talk to people from Canada, UK, Mexico, France, Japan, and all over the USA. It was wonderful to see that people from so many cultures all had something in common - love for Libera and their music. I was a little embarrassed because I wasn't able to talk about each boy, remember names, and who performed what, or boys in the past who sang this or that (such things have never been important to me) but I loved to listen to the enthusiasm and love that I heard as they spoke. (Note - I think many of the regulars that travel from around the world usually sit in the "premium" seats up toward the very front.)

As I said in a previous post - If you have to, start saving now for their next tour so you can attend. I know I'm going to have to do that and I hope they return really soon!
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

frankstuart wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:56 pm">6 years ago</span> I would truly love to be able to sit in on a rehearsal and watch the work. It has always been a mystery to me what the procedures and processes are that goes into the boys learning new music. Surely there is a very limited time for group rehearsal each week so most of the learning must be an individual endeavor. It would be so interesting to have a report on what goes into making Libera - well, Libera!
This very part!! It's like I'm talking to myself :lol: Maybe you and I should start a thread where people guess HOW Libera becomes Libera, and how Mr. Prizeman manages to bring the 'Libera' out of the boys (we may discuss the directing style of RP, the music reading, the vocal training, the techniques they use at lives, etc). We can't say anything for sure, but it's fun to guess and also to know about other's opinions. (Of course in case there hasn't been a thread like that before, I'm new so I still know very little about this place).

frankstuart wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:56 pm">6 years ago</span> For anyone that was not fortunate enough to get to one of the concerts this time, may I suggest you start a "Libera Fund" now in order to be able to be at a future concert.
I am saving money right now, I just have to be patient for a few more years :oops:, even then I'm pretty sure I can only make it if they revisit Asian countries (I know they will).

frankstuart wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:56 pm">6 years ago</span> Hopefully the boys or whoever reads this blog at Libera Central will relay our feelings and emotions to the group.
This is currently my #1 Libera hope. They are wonderful, they sing wonderfully and they deserve the love they have. :wink:
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:16 am">6 years ago</span> When the concert ended and I returned to the hotel, and the local people sent me by car.
Faith in humanity restored!! (Well actually it's been increasing since the day I found out about Libera 8))