Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by kinda_k00l »

Wow, another detailed report, thanks very much!!
gingerthedog1 wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:03 am">6 years ago</span> There were slight technical issues during this concert, mostly sound mixing issues. Many times, the soloist’s mic would be turned all the way on before his part. Yet the boys were very much aware, and compensated by blending their voices almost immediately. The result was that it barely affected the concert at all. In fact, many probably didn’t even notice. There was also a popping microphone that would periodically go off, but being the professionals the boys are, the singing went on unperturbed.
THIS!!! It's like professionalism overloads! 8) This is a big problem even for adult singers. When our quartet (4 people with full SATB harmony parts) sang last year, the balance between the voices was of our major concern and we could only do that through intense practice. It is very difficult (not to mention for young boys) to recognize if you are being too loud on stage and even more difficult to adjust your voice immediately to the volume you want, that's why reading your review makes me adore Libera more.

gingerthedog1 wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:03 am">6 years ago</span> I also told Alex G that Wayfaring Stranger was my favorite song. This was not strictly true, but it was ONE of my favorites! In response, he said “Thank you, that really means a lot.” I took this as a genuine expression of gratitude on his part, which confirmed all the more that these boys are grounded and level.
One more thing I like about the boys - appropriate manners and being humble all the time. :wink:
Good to hear that Alex G did well on both solos too, he definitely has what it takes!

Even more surprised to hear that Rocco's voice sounded different in Angele Dei & Amazing Grace, that was also a tough thing to do even for adults indeed. He must have been maturing a lot before I even noticed. :|

The part you wrote about them being a little disorder on stage and also Merlin's & Taghd's minor mistakes doesn't get me off the mood (not even just a little bit), I just feel great since they are still boys after all (and also the professionalism thing could totally make up for it). :D :D
---------------

Thank you again, and you guys please keep on continuing this wonderful thread. It means a lot to people who cannot come (like me).
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

According to the facebook page of the Fort Bend Boys Choir, they will be meeting with Libera on Wednesday, Aug. 2nd. Maybe we'll get a video of them singing together. Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/Fort-Bend-Boys ... 852532686/
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Just to say thank you for the great reviews, they're very much appreciated. Keep them coming.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

Thank you very much for your wonderful review,Gingerthedog1!
I have read it twice and I am totally the feeling that is in the concert.

I'm very glad that young boys work hard and together.
I like all Libera's singers,and I am happy that many people like Taichi and they give Taich the high evaluations(because we are same nationalities......his English is very good,but mine is still poor,sorry)

Looking forward to meeting boys,Libera's staff members and Libera' fans at the concert!

Libera Snow
Viktar

Post by Viktar »

A couple of my photos from Californian shows (clickable)

Last edited by Viktar on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Viktar wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:36 am">6 years ago</span> A couple of my photos from Californian shows
Thanks a lot for the beautiful pictures. I think, we all, who were unable to attend the concerts, appreciate all the pictures and reviews very much.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

What a fantastic review, gingerthedog1, and great photos Viktar. I am with Yorkie, these reviews are greatly appreciated for those who did not attend these particular concerts. And are even more amazing for those of us who shall be attending a later one on this tour. August 9 cannot come fast enough. :D
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Thank you Viktar for the lovely pictures. The quality is a total wow!!

By the way, can anyone tell me what this pose is for??
Viktar wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:36 am">6 years ago</span> Image
Looks kinda funny :)
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:58 pm">6 years ago</span> Thank you Viktar for the lovely pictures. The quality is a total wow!!

By the way, can anyone tell me what this pose is for??
Viktar wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:36 am">6 years ago</span> Image
Looks kinda funny :)
They're showing appreciation for (directing attention to) the choir director (RP) and the musicians.
niels

Post by niels »

hey all,

Wow what a beautiful and good reviews I have read. I had a lot of fun to read it!
Thanks here for and also for all the beautiful pictures! I will almost be jealous :lol: :oops:

I hope to see them in December, can't wait now :D .

These reviews and photos makes my day great, it almost seems I am there

Thank you all!!
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It would be nice to get a more accurate translation of this Russian review of both concerts at https://puerchorum.blogspot.ru/2017/08/blog-post.html. Some people may find the review to be overly critical, but I'm interested in it because the reviewer goes into a lot of details that I don't get in other reviews.
Viktar

Post by Viktar »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:50 pm">6 years ago</span> It would be nice to get a more accurate translation of this Russian review of both concerts at https://puerchorum.blogspot.ru/2017/08/blog-post.html. Some people may find the review to be overly critical, but I'm interested in it because the reviewer goes into a lot of details that I don't get in other reviews.
To clarify, I enjoyed both concerts very much and never intended to sound "overly critical", just being subjectively straightforward. How Great Thou Art, Wayfaring Stranger and Taichi's harmonies made both days for me, and Libera's performance as a choir was top notch. Also, there's a lot of jokes in the text, which could be misinterpreted out of context.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Viktar wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:14 pm">6 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:50 pm">6 years ago</span> It would be nice to get a more accurate translation of this Russian review of both concerts at https://puerchorum.blogspot.ru/2017/08/blog-post.html. Some people may find the review to be overly critical, but I'm interested in it because the reviewer goes into a lot of details that I don't get in other reviews.
To clarify, I enjoyed both concerts very much and never intended to sound "overly critical", just being subjectively straightforward. How Great Thou Art, Wayfaring Stranger and Taichi's harmonies made both days for me, and Libera's performance as a choir was top notch. Also, there's a lot of jokes in the text, which could me misinterpreted out of context.
That's just fine. Personally, I like those types of reviews, but not everybody does. If I gave an honest review of the 2014 live concert recording from Washington D.C., I would have plenty of negative things to say, but I still enjoyed the concert for the most part.
Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

Hello Viktar,

These pictures are beautiful.
I wonder how you took them....as I like taking pictures.
I wish I would take the pictures at the concert like you did.

Thank you very much!

Libera Snow
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I agree, excellent pictures Viktar considering the tricky light levels to contend with. Thanks for the reviews again, there will always be a few glitches and a few forgotten lyrics during live concerts it happens to the best of experienced performers let alone young children. From my experience they are very few and far between and only serves to provide an organic, realism to the concert when they do occur. Some comments on YouTube claim they must be lip syncing they cannot sound that good. Well if was 2hrs of pitch-note perfect, flawless, error-free CD like output, you could begin to wonder, but it's not like that because of the very fact it is their 'live' young voices singing out from the mics. You wouldn't have even coaxed me up on stage at that age.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez