New album is called Hope

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you Tom413, andmar, Yorkie, and Jimmy. I appreciate your kind words. I tried really hard to be comprehensive; even if in just giving my subjective opinion.
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Thu May 18, 2017 5:03 pm">6 years ago</span> @Surpinto

Thank you for your review - I think!

I thought we were on the same page musically before this but we couldn't be further apart on Salve Regina and Stabet Mater. Shrill :( that nearly made me choke on my tea. Poor Isaac, I hope he doesn't read that :wink:

We're pretty much swapped over on all the other songs too :shock:

If I remember correctly it was Ralph Skan's mum who recommended to RP that they should sing Dreaming of Home after she watched the film.
Ha ha, Isaac is not to be faulted. What have you been telling him? :lol:

His performance is flawless; it's the overall arrangement that is problematic for me. I would absolutely love the song if it wasn't for this factor of shrillness and I like literally everything else about it except that. But it's a deal-breaker for me. In writing my review I listened to the song over and over again trying to get past that and I just couldn't. :(

And, that is the only song I have serious complaints about. The others are perfectly fine; some I like a bit more, others a bit less. For example, I like "Angele Dei" but wasn't as moved by it as others, who saw it performed live, were. So it's a question of the degree to which I like the songs rather than whether I like them.

My true disagreement with others fans appears to "Salve Regina" and "Stabat Mater". But hey I liked "Exsultate" too :lol: :wink:

So we may not be as far apart as you think, Yorkie.
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Thu May 18, 2017 5:03 pm">6 years ago</span> If I remember correctly it was Ralph Skan's mum who recommended to RP that they should sing Dreaming of Home after she watched the film.
I didn't know that! :shock: I am so glad they did it. It's a great song and they did it really well. If only it was TDL on solo.
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu May 18, 2017 3:38 am">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu May 18, 2017 1:20 am">6 years ago</span> Stabat Mater
When I first listened to it, I did not care much for the piece because it’s a higher register song with a highly noticeable and unwelcome absence of a proper lower range. This would have served to counteract the listener fatigue that one gets listening to music exclusively in that same higher register. Part of the error here appears to be in recording Isaac with a closer microphone and then backing him with strings as it makes everything sound shrill; especially during his solo parts. Since this is how the song begins it in effect ruins the piece for me and makes it hard to enjoy the rest.
I haven't received my CD yet, but I've heard audio samples from the first minute or so featuring Isaac's solo, and I'm not hearing what you're hearing. To my ears, the lower strings are strong enough to balance out the higher instruments and soloist.
It might just be a matter of opinion then - and that's quite alright.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

It's the 19th of May and sadly my copy (or actually, two copies) of 'Hope' hasn't been sent by Invisible Hands Music yet :cry: .
Has anyone of you ordered it there? What about your delivery?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat May 13, 2017 11:36 pm">6 years ago</span> I've always been a "numbers" guy, and I figured out that this album has the longest average runtime per track of any Libera album. The average length is approximately 4 minutes, 25 seconds (rounded to the nearest second). The previous record holder was their Luminosa album, which has an average length of approximately 4 minutes, 22 seconds.
I might be wrong about what I said in the previous message, because the invisible hands site says it's only 56 minutes, 57 seconds. For some reason, the French Amazon website showed it as being 61 minutes, 48 seconds, and it lists the same 14 tracks.
niels

Post by niels »

andmar wrote: <span title="Fri May 19, 2017 10:07 pm">6 years ago</span> It's the 19th of May and sadly my copy (or actually, two copies) of 'Hope' hasn't been sent by Invisible Hands Music yet :cry: .
i also ordered bij Hands Music. But sadly also i have no copie of my cd. Maby this week :o
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

niels wrote: <span title="Sat May 20, 2017 6:38 am">6 years ago</span>
andmar wrote: <span title="Fri May 19, 2017 10:07 pm">6 years ago</span> It's the 19th of May and sadly my copy (or actually, two copies) of 'Hope' hasn't been sent by Invisible Hands Music yet :cry: .
i also ordered bij Hands Music. But sadly also i have no copie of my cd. Maby this week :o
No, i haven't heard anything either. They do say they will send an update when it is dispatched and no email yet so....
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

(Andmar, tell me, do you still believe that the CD exists? I suspect that everyone is only pretending that there is a new Libera CD on this Earth. They are well-organised: Everyone posts some photos or even videos as a "proof", then they write reviews to make us believe that a CD was really released, and they invest much time and do a lot of work reviewing a long list of alleged songs to make it seem true to us. And above all, they even make fun of us by giving it the very name "Hope"!

Don't tell anyone, but I'm sure, the whole thing is a conspiracy theory only.)
:shock: :wink: :mrgreen:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
TygrHawk

Post by TygrHawk »

Geez, now I feel guilty that mine came so early. :|
Wayne
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun May 21, 2017 8:51 pm">6 years ago</span> (Andmar, tell me, do you still believe that the CD exists? I suspect that everyone is only pretending that there is a new Libera CD on this Earth. They are well-organised: Everyone posts some photos or even videos as a "proof", then they write reviews to make us believe that a CD was really released, and they invest much time and do a lot of work reviewing a long list of alleged songs to make it seem true to us. And above all, they even make fun of us by giving it the very name "Hope"!

A shocking theory :shock: . Myself I wouldn't come to that idea at all as I am usually a trusting man. But if this turned out to be true, it would be an absolutely inhumane and intolerable cruelty to all of us who are not involved :x :wink:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun May 21, 2017 8:51 pm">6 years ago</span> (Andmar, tell me, do you still believe that the CD exists? I suspect that everyone is only pretending that there is a new Libera CD on this Earth. They are well-organised: Everyone posts some photos or even videos as a "proof", then they write reviews to make us believe that a CD was really released, and they invest much time and do a lot of work reviewing a long list of alleged songs to make it seem true to us. And above all, they even make fun of us by giving it the very name "Hope"!

We are all in on this. :lol:

Seriously though, I take it that you haven't gotten it yet and that it is still in customs?! :( That's crazy!
TygrHawk wrote: <span title="Sun May 21, 2017 10:11 pm">6 years ago</span> Geez, now I feel guilty that mine came so early. :|
Yeah, you're a terrible person. How dare you be unable to control various national and international parcel shipments! :lol: :wink:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I knew it! Everyone here involved! :twisted: Oh dear, where am I here?! All my confidence has been shaken and I suffer deeply. :lol:
(But it helped to finally get the chance to use the "twisted evil smiley"!!)

Or else: Which song on the CD is not duty-free?

Now serious: I admit that I didn't choose the quickest shipment. However, there are lucky people who received it despite choosing the cheapest one! And this makes me nervous. The CDJapan page doesn't help any longer ("The tracking information is only available from Japan Post until your parcel passes through the customs of your country. Once it clears customs, the information will be posted to your country's website."). So, the last information (Frankfurt airport) was given on May 11. I'm not sure how to find out where the CD is now. :oops:
It got so fast from Japan to Germany, what is the matter now.
TygrHawk

Post by TygrHawk »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun May 21, 2017 10:36 pm">6 years ago</span>
TygrHawk wrote: <span title="Sun May 21, 2017 10:11 pm">6 years ago</span> Geez, now I feel guilty that mine came so early. :|
Yeah, you're a terrible person. How dare you be unable to control various national and international parcel shipments! :lol: :wink:
ROFL I'll work on that. :)
Wayne
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

TygrHawk wrote: <span title="Sun May 21, 2017 11:37 pm">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun May 21, 2017 10:36 pm">6 years ago</span>
ROFL I'll work on that. :)
Caution, I've read that and big sister is watching you now! :P
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I'm still waiting for the Invisible Hands folks to send me an e-mail about the CD being shipped. I'm hoping to get it soon, so I have time to digest the music before the Max & Me soundtrack arrives in the mail.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Does anyone that ordered the international version of 'Hope' had any news so far ?
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon May 22, 2017 12:48 pm">6 years ago</span> Does anyone that ordered the international version of 'Hope' had any news so far ?
No, still nothing. Though I noticed a slight change in the IHM's web page look this afternoon. The note about pre-release orders from 19th of May has been removed. The release date at the bottom of the page is still 19th of May. The page looks like if the CD was on regular sale now.
https://shop-invisiblehands.co.uk/colle ... ibera-hope