Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by JimmyRiddle »

An update from https://libera.org/ appealing for donations and breaking down some of the costs;

[quote]International air fares — $50,000
Hotel accommodations — $30,000
Local transportation — $15,000[/url]
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

That's a lot of funding needed to get this off the ground.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

They say "...visiting places such as Houston, St Louis, Los Angeles….."

Yes, it's going to be a costly tour... not only for Libera !! :lol:

So, back to the Tallowood Baptist Church in Houston, and a 3rd time at the St Louis Basilica Cathedral with a Meet & Greet on open sky ? :)

Hopefully they can announce the whole tour dates and venues soon, planes fares are already scary expensive and it will keep climbing with the summer approaching.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

So, the Libera U.S. website states that they plan on having roughly 35 boys touring this summer. Would that be a record high number for a touring group? I've noticed a trend towards slightly larger touring groups the last few years. I believe there were 28 singers when they did their 2011 U.S. tour, and I recall them touring with as few as 24. I hope they can bring all the singers they wish to, but if the funding falls a little short, they could leave a few singers behind without negatively affecting the overall sound.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed May 17, 2017 10:28 pm">6 years ago</span> So, the Libera U.S. website states that they plan on having roughly 35 boys touring this summer. Would that be a record high number for a touring group? I've noticed a trend towards slightly larger touring groups the last few years. I believe there were 28 singers when they did their 2011 U.S. tour, and I recall them touring with as few as 24. I hope they can bring all the singers they wish to, but if the funding falls a little short, they could leave a few singers behind without negatively affecting the overall sound.

Yes for some of the older tours the littlest memebers didn't always travel.

But libera have lost a lot of the older boys to voice change so maybe that's why they want to take all the boys this time as the group is evolving again?!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed May 17, 2017 9:22 pm">6 years ago</span> They say "...visiting places such as Houston, St Louis, Los Angeles….."

Yes, it's going to be a costly tour... not only for Libera !! :lol:

So, back to the Tallowood Baptist Church in Houston, and a 3rd time at the St Louis Basilica Cathedral with a Meet & Greet on open sky ? :)

Hopefully they can announce the whole tour dates and venues soon, planes fares are already scary expensive and it will keep climbing with the summer approaching.
Has that been removed? I don't see it. Those places are not close by for me; oh no. :(
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Those cities are still listed on Libera's website as I write this. https://libera.org.uk/news/libera-across-the-atlantic/

The specific locations Patrick mentioned are just guesses at this point, though I think the St Louis Cathedral is a good bet to host
a concert if they do indeed end up performing in St Louis as both shows they have done there in the past were well attended.
I'm not surprised to see the prospective locations mentioned as they are the very places I mentioned where Libera has historically drawn well in the USA.
However these locations are mentioned as starters. That statement makes it sound as though there is an intention to drive up the revenue side of the tour by having more concerts than has been typical for the last several years.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Los Angeles would be cool place to have a concert :)
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu May 18, 2017 12:57 am">6 years ago</span>Those places are not close by for me; oh no.
This is the one chance you have waited for during such a long time, and now it becomes concrete! You never know, when they will come again, and even if they traveled to the USA again already next year (they won't anyway, I fear, with regard to the high-priced obstacles they have to face), you don't know if you then would be able to see them. Try everything to make it possible with at least one of the concerts. Plan your summer vacation around it, so a stressful way of traveling may feel smoother. :wink:

Honestly, Surpinto, they were so very good in London and in Ely - do not miss the opportunity to see the current line-up live!
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

filiarheni wrote:Plan your summer vacation around it, so a stressful way of traveling may feel smoother. :wink:
The summer tour is not yet announced but we can anticipate that it will occur in the usual window :
the last week of July and the two first weeks of August :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

tom413 wrote: <span title="Thu May 18, 2017 4:01 am">6 years ago</span> Those cities are still listed on Libera's website as I write this. https://libera.org.uk/news/libera-across-the-atlantic/

The specific locations Patrick mentioned are just guesses at this point, though I think the St Louis Cathedral is a good bet to host
a concert if they do indeed end up performing in St Louis as both shows they have done there in the past were well attended.
I'm not surprised to see the prospective locations mentioned as they are the very places I mentioned where Libera has historically drawn well in the USA.
However these locations are mentioned as starters. That statement makes it sound as though there is an intention to drive up the revenue side of the tour by having more concerts than has been typical for the last several years.
Ah, yes, thank you, I somehow missed that post. I thought we were talking about the US affiliate website and not the official UK website. Despite my own wish for an east coast concert, you are entirely correct that they seem to do better elsewhere in the United States. And not only in terms of revenue but just overall attendance. Their Spring 2014 tour had a concert that was cancelled and had barely any seats sold.
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu May 18, 2017 9:07 am">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu May 18, 2017 12:57 am">6 years ago</span>Those places are not close by for me; oh no.
This is the one chance you have waited for during such a long time, and now it becomes concrete! You never know, when they will come again, and even if they traveled to the USA again already next year (they won't anyway, I fear, with regard to the high-priced obstacles they have to face), you don't know if you then would be able to see them. Try everything to make it possible with at least one of the concerts. Plan your summer vacation around it, so a stressful way of traveling may feel smoother. :wink:

Honestly, Surpinto, they were so very good in London and in Ely - do not miss the opportunity to see the current line-up live!
:D :D

You are, of course, right. I will certainly try to make it. As Tom413 said earlier, their last minute announcements of concert locations make travel more expensive for fan and chorister alike. Let's see how it pans out. Your encouragement strengthens my resolve to try and attend.
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu May 18, 2017 10:24 am">6 years ago</span> The summer tour is not yet announced but we can anticipate that it will occur in the usual window :
the last week of July and the two first weeks of August :)
Yes, this window of time, while wide, gives an indication of which dates on my calendar I have to have free. I have managed to slither out of going to a 4 day conference so that I could have those dates available :wink:

[Edit: I confused Fall and Spring lol]
Last edited by Surpinto on Fri May 19, 2017 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu May 18, 2017 10:49 am">6 years ago</span> I have managed to slither out of going to a 4 day conference so that I could have those dates available
Good beginning, well done! :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Surpinto, I keep my fingers crossed for you, so you can make it to the concert. Libera were so excellent in Ely. It's absolutely worth seeing them live.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Another promotional video by the the Libera affiliate in the United States for the summer tour. :D

Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

This email response to my speculation email to the Cathedral in St Louis:
IMG_1122.PNG
IMG_1122.PNG (1.3 MiB) Viewed 1164 times
IMG_1122.PNG
IMG_1122.PNG (1.3 MiB) Viewed 1164 times