introduce yourselves

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

ester

Re: introduce yourselves

Post by ester »

Hi, I'm newbie here. I come from Indonesia, 17 yrs old, female.
i love libera and now i became their fans.I Knew Libera when I was idly looking for Christmas songs, and until I finally see them sing "Libera in Concert", their managed to amaze me and i was blown away by their voice. I really liked their voices and was very impressed with them and now i Become their fans :D
and also i love the 2006 libera members (old members which exists Tom cully *his my favorite members :"))) *,Joshua Maidine,Adward Day,Ben Phillips,Michael Vereycken,and others..)

so nice to meet you all !! :)
ester

Re: HI!

Post by ester »

madine_lover wrote:Hi, I'm newbie here. I come from Indonesia, 21 yrs old, female.
Since 4 years ago until now I became a Libera Fans.
Their music is soooooo INCREDIBLE. Totally AWESOME!
Ok, nice to meet you all guys. :D

halo Maidine_Lovers,aku juga fans Libera dari Indonsia hehe :D salam kenal kak!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

ester wrote:Hi, I'm newbie here. I come from Indonesia, 17 yrs old, female.
i love libera and now i became their fans.I Knew Libera when I was idly looking for Christmas songs, and until I finally see them sing "Libera in Concert", their managed to amaze me and i was blown away by their voice. I really liked their voices and was very impressed with them and now i Become their fans :D
and also i love the 2006 libera members (old members which exists Tom cully *his my favorite members :"))) *,Joshua Maidine,Adward Day,Ben Phillips,Michael Vereycken,and others..)

Hello Ester, welcome to the forum.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

ester wrote:Hi, I'm newbie here. I come from Indonesia, 17 yrs old, female.

Hi ester,

A very warm welcome to Libera Dreams.

Paul :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Hello, I am from Minnesota, and have been a fan of Libera since I went to their concert at the Cathedral of St. Paul in 2011. There are plenty of things I want to discuss regarding Libera, and I figure this is the best place to do it. As my username indicates, Bach and Mahler are my two favorite composers.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri May 05, 2017 12:26 am">6 years ago</span> Hello, I am from Minnesota, and have been a fan of Libera since I went to their concert at the Cathedral of St. Paul in 2011. There are plenty of things I want to discuss regarding Libera, and I figure this is the best place to do it. As my username indicates, Bach and Mahler are my two favorite composers.
Welcome bachmahlerfan.

You have found the right place to chat about Libera.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri May 05, 2017 12:26 am">6 years ago</span> Hello, I am from Minnesota, and have been a fan of Libera since I went to their concert at the Cathedral of St. Paul in 2011. There are plenty of things I want to discuss regarding Libera, and I figure this is the best place to do it. As my username indicates, Bach and Mahler are my two favorite composers.
Hi there BMfan, welcome to the forum .It will be good to have another classical expert around on the forum (I'm not one so I always learn a lot from people who are) Have you hear the New College choir Oxford's Ave Maria set to Mahler's 5th symphony? Absolutely sublime. There is a video on YouTube but I think it may be region restricted.

Mercy & Love
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun May 07, 2017 7:21 pm">6 years ago</span>
Hi there BMfan, welcome to the forum .It will be good to have another classical expert around on the forum (I'm not one so I always learn a lot from people who are) Have you hear the New College choir Oxford's Ave Maria set to Mahler's 5th symphony? Absolutely sublime. There is a video on YouTube but I think it may be region restricted.

Thanks for the reply! I've always enjoyed reading your concert reviews since I discovered Libera in 2011. I am unable to view the Youtube link you provided, but I have listened to a choral arrangement of the Adagietto by the group Accentus on Youtube. Unfortunately, I was not satisfied with that arrangement. I should mention that while I am a fan of Libera, I've never really been into boy choirs or soloists (with a few exceptions). However, I do think that the English boys choir sound is the gold standard for boys choirs.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun May 07, 2017 8:36 pm">6 years ago</span> I should mention that while I am a fan of Libera, I've never really been into boy choirs or soloists (with a few exceptions).
Hi Bachmahler
Welcome. I am also a big fan of Mahler.
Sibelius, Elgar and Britten too, but that would make for much too long a name tag. It’s difficult to believe that the Minnesota concerts were 6 years ago (I was there). Probably none of the participants is still part of the current group. I can’t helping wondering, if you are not a fan of treble voices in general, what makes Libera the exception?
John
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

john45 wrote:It’s difficult to believe that the Minnesota concerts were 6 years ago (I was there). Probably none of the participants is still part of the current group.
There is just one that remain: Isaac :wink:

Three others that were in the US tour 2011 left the stage very recently:
- Matthew M, his last concert was at St George 2016,
- Matthey J and Cassius, their last concert was in Vallendar.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

john45 wrote: <span title="Sun May 07, 2017 10:27 pm">6 years ago</span> Hi Bachmahler
Welcome. I am also a big fan of Mahler.
Sibelius, Elgar and Britten too, but that would make for much too long a name tag. It’s difficult to believe that the Minnesota concerts were 6 years ago (I was there). Probably none of the participants is still part of the current group. I can’t helping wondering, if you are not a fan of treble voices in general, what makes Libera the exception?
John
Well, I just like the way Robert Prizeman utilizes their voices in his arrangements, and how he mixes different styles of singing (both classically trained styles and nonclassical). There are a few pieces in the standard classical repertoire such as Britten's "Ceremony of Carols" where I enjoy good treble voices. However, I prefer women's voices in most of the vocal music I listen to. I've heard a few Bach arias sung by really top notch boy treble soloists, and I always found myself preferring versions sung by women, especially in the lower vocal range. I also found that the women had greater emotional expression in their performances. Finally, I wasn't in a choir until high school, so I never had the experience of being in a boys choir. There is much more I could say, but I will stop writing for now. We could discuss this further in another subforum.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun May 07, 2017 8:36 pm">6 years ago</span>
Thanks for the reply! I've always enjoyed reading your concert reviews since I discovered Libera in 2011. I am unable to view the Youtube link you provided, but I have listened to a choral arrangement of the Adagietto by the group Accentus on Youtube. Unfortunately, I was not satisfied with that arrangement. I should mention that while I am a fan of Libera, I've never really been into boy choirs or soloists (with a few exceptions). However, I do think that the English boys choir sound is the gold standard for boys choirs.
I suspected it wouldn't play so I have a version you can download here: Ave Maria - Mahler - New College Choir

I've tracked down what i think is the version you referred to by Accentus and it is everything I dislike about OTT female Soprano voices! You pays your money and you takes your choice I suppose :lol:

Still if Libera and New College Choir can't convert you to the sound of the boy Treble nothing can :D

Mercy & Love
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Mon May 08, 2017 6:47 pm">6 years ago</span>
I suspected it wouldn't play so I have a version you can download here: Ave Maria - Mahler - New College Choir

I've tracked down what i think is the version you referred to by Accentus and it is everything I dislike about OTT female Soprano voices! You pays your money and you takes your choice I suppose :lol:

Still if Libera and New College Choir can't convert you to the sound of the boy Treble nothing can :D
Well, I do like Edward Higginbottom's interpretation, especially in terms of tempo. Their choir does have an excellent group of treble singers, but I don't see why it couldn't sound just as good with women (assuming they avoid sounding too operatic). It was definitely better than the Accentus version, but at the end of the day, I don't think any group of voices can duplicate the effects achieved by Mahler's orchestration.
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Hello there you guys

My name is jenna I been a fan of libera sens 2009 I discover them on you tube year back and I love there Angel vocals any ways when I found out they were going to la I was really schkot and over excited my favorite part was the crystal cathedral becues I ues to go there for thbe glory of Christmas while back

But now that I saw libera I was never the same I remember see Josh Ben Zack for the frist time and I was like omg Josh was so tall i can not thank of how old the boys were at the time but the cathedral made it more magic for me becues libera was there

All so I saw libera in Chicago in 20011 and I was feeling like libera had me in there heart when they sing

I hope to see libera next time in the yeard to come and thanks for letting me come to this page and let me enjoy libera
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Just a shout-out to everyone on the Forum from me, for being so happy that the fan community exists :D
I find myself having regular conversations that go something like this:
"Yeah, so I've been to LA this summer..."
"Really? Wow! What did you do there?"
"Well, I went to see two concerts by my favourite boys choir from the UK..."
and then I find myself trying to explain why I would travel such a long distance to hear a group of boys sing.
But with you guys, I don't need to explain anything :D
It's nice to be crazy among the crazies :wink: 8)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above