The first song - which was it, where were you, etc.

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Oh yeah, that's the first ever Libera album I bought too! The Libera in Concert DVD is simply heavenly! Even since that particular album, and I continue to buy more.. Haha. :D Even if I'm so broke, I'll rather spend my last dollar on a Libera album.. It's totally worth it.. Tom's "Don't not stand at my grave and weep" totally blown me away!
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I received "Angel Voices: Libera in concert" as a gift a couple months after I became a fan... I now have all the albums except for "Libera" and the DVD.... which I want for Christmas!!
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day. I was looking for a video of John Gardner's arrangement (I believe done by King's College, Cambridge), however I found Libera's version (traditional melody, Prizeman's arrangement probably). I wasn't too impressed with the arrangement itself, but it was interesting enough to find another couple Libera videos. A couple days later I bought the concert CD, and then Libera and Luminosa. That was about a year ago.
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

xsakurax wrote:Haha. :D Even if I'm so broke, I'll rather spend my last dollar on a Libera album.. It's totally worth it..
A true fan !! :lol:
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Post by illuminaperpetua »

The first time I actually heard Libera was when The Merchant of Venice came out. I didn't know who they were and I remember thinking "That little boy singing has got very poofy pants on!" :lol: I had no idea it was Ben Crawley! I actually found out about Libera last year while I was on BCSD. It was Chris Robson's birthday and so he was listed in the birthdays for that month and I clicked on his name and when I saw him I thought "Awww! he's such a pretty little boy!" when I went to Barnes and Noble the next day I decided to see if they had "Free" and sure enough, they did. I scanned the album, put the headphones on, skipped to 'Voca me', and immediately became enthralled! I bought the album that very day and have been a huge Libera fan ever since! :D
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
Libera_me

Voca me

Post by Libera_me »

The first Libera song I heard was Voca me. I was walking down the halls of my school when all of a sudden, i heard the music. I literally stopped in my tracks and then began moving as fast as i could towards the sound(but as quietly as i could so i could still hear it :) ) I found it coming from my school choir room (junior highschool) I stood there and listened not moving for the full 4 minutes that the song lasted. Then immediatly went and talked to the teacher of the class (and i'm not even in that class) and i bought the Angel voices CD that night! :D I cannot wait untill Eternal comes out where i am!
gibbeyniacraven

STAY WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

Post by gibbeyniacraven »

I WAS ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY WITH THEIR MAGNIFICENT VOICES, SENT STRAIGHT FROM HEAVEN THROUGH THOSE LITTLE ANGELS!!!! MY INSANELY MAD AND CRAZY FRIEND BROUGHT THEIR CD TO A BIBLE STUDY THING, AND I WAS IMMEDIATELY ENTRANCED!!!!!! I was actually scared....but then I came to my senses, and I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tee hee! :D
Elendil

Re: Voca me

Post by Elendil »

Libera_me wrote:The first Libera song I heard was Voca me. I was walking down the halls of my school when all of a sudden, i heard the music. I literally stopped in my tracks and then began moving as fast as i could towards the sound(but as quietly as i could so i could still hear it :) ) I found it coming from my school choir room (junior highschool) I stood there and listened not moving for the full 4 minutes that the song lasted. Then immediatly went and talked to the teacher of the class (and i'm not even in that class) and i bought the Angel voices CD that night! :D I cannot wait untill Eternal comes out where i am!

Wow...I'd love to have been in a school choir singing songs from Libera. That must have been amazing. Voca Me is just excellent. I love listening to it on my I-Pod when I walk in the dark of night. A silent night is the most breathtaking setting to listen to this song.
Libera_me

Re: Voca me

Post by Libera_me »

Elendil wrote:Wow...I'd love to have been in a school choir singing songs from Libera. That must have been amazing. Voca Me is just excellent. I love listening to it on my I-Pod when I walk in the dark of night. A silent night is the most breathtaking setting to listen to this song.
I love Voca me too. it is one of my top 10. I wish i could listen to Libera on my ipod, but for some reason, it does not copy properly and so the best parts sound fuzzy.
I didn't actully hear my school choir singing it. The music was being played (from a cd, sung by libera) to inspire the people in the class. I wish the school choir would've sung some Libera songs though, but i do not think they would been able to do it(lack of enthusiasm) Sadly, choir is a sort of joke at my school. I wish it was not. Then i would definately join.
maoxylish

Post by maoxylish »

The First song which I heard was when I was browsing through Youtube for some christmas songs a month ago. I don't remember which one exactly, but it was one of the songs on christmas cooks!! But I must admit,
it was not until I heard the song 'Far Away' few days later, I decided to discover what exactly Libera was!! That song and Michael just blew me away! Now I'm a huge fan!!
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

maoxylish wrote:The First song which I heard was when I was browsing through Youtube for some christmas songs a month ago. I don't remember which one exactly, but it was one of the songs on christmas cooks!! But I must admit,
it was not until I heard the song 'Far Away' few days later, I decided to discover what exactly Libera was!! That song and Michael just blew me away! Now I'm a huge fan!!
Hi Maoxylish, it's pretty cool how a lot of us seemed to accidentally stumble upon Libera while searching for Christmas songs and then get to know Libera afterwards. Same thing happened to me. First song--Silent Night (2 Christmases ago); second song--God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen; third song--I Vow to Thee My Country (from Tribute to Josh video); fourth song--Going Home. And so on...
i think that although at first i was a bit reluctant to accepting some of Libera's songs that I have never heard of (either NOT a christmas song or NOT a song based on a famous classical piece). However, after getting to know the singers a bit (from the website or from interview videos), i now can say i readily accept just about any Libera song that I hear. Just something interesting to think about--getting to know the names and personalities of the boys definitely help understanding their style and their music.
Attende Domini et miserere
Quia peccavimus tibi
Attendite et miserere Domine
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Welcome maoxylish :D

Why not introduce yourself in the newby section of the forum. We're all very pleased to meet you I'm sure.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

libera36 wrote:I received "Angel Voices: Libera in concert" as a gift a couple months after I became a fan... I now have all the albums except for "Libera" and the DVD.... which I want for Christmas!!
Well ??? did Santa bring it? :)