New album is called Hope

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Liesma

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by Liesma »

alcesalcesobservator wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:53 pm">7 years ago</span> I'm so excited! I'm hoping for "Nearer My God, to Thee", as well as "Three Ravens".
When I read previous answers to this topic about songs that could be in CD, one of my firsts thoughts was about "Nearer my God, to Thee" too, because I have heard information that they have sung it, but never heard them singing this song. So it would be really nice to hear Libera singing this beautiful song!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Also do we still think they recorded two videos as the robes with the paint surely can't belong to the video of "Smile"?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, I too think for two videos.

'Smile' with the 19th century outfits, and a story close to the video 'What a Wonderful World".

And a second song with the grey robes.
At each and every concert there is a speech about the robes they would be wearing a thousand years ago in a medieval school run by the monks. So I guess it will be a song with some lyrics in Latin and recorded in a cloister or a crypt, or any places with stones walls that can be a monks medieval classroom :wink:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

"Three Ravens" would go well with the robes, though I'm not sure how it would fit with the theme of hope.
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

I am really sorry, perhaps I have not read all posts exactly, but where I can hear the song "smile"? Thanks!!!!!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

ludwig1874 wrote: where I can hear the song "smile"? Thanks!!!!!
Just search for 'Smile' on Youtube :wink:
There are plenty of versions from many different singers

Of course the libera version is still unknown.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

The epoch of The Three Ravens would go well with the robes, but its lyrics do not go well with monks, there are some animals (ok, the is a dog on one of the pictures ... :mrgreen: ) and it is dealing with a woman's love. Besides, I can't imagine that they make something special like this video just of a song which doesn't fit the main theme of a new album.

But what about a video of Angele Dei? This song is a general prayer and as such expresses hope. And a video of a new composition by Robert would make this song stand out from the others all the more.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Yes, that would work also.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Some new songs have been announced :mrgreen: - thanks to the fans on Twitter

*From a Distance
*San Damiano
*Salve Regina
*Stabat Mater

Just googled From a Distance and I have to admit I'm becoming alarmed at some of these song choices. If it's the Bette Midler Song I don't know how they can turn this into a Libera song?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yuki twitted this morning about a news published on the Japanese site 'Sony Music shop', that unveils 7 songs of the new CD 'Hope'

Thanks to Yuki, the translation of the titles to English is guaranteed :)
  • Smile
  • From a Distance
  • San Damiano
  • Salve Regina
  • Stabat Mater
  • Angel
  • Jupiter

We already know 4 of these 7 songs :
- Smile, it uses the tune of the end credit of 'The Modern Times' (here) and was sung by countless great artists, here Nat King Cole.

- San Damiano, sung in concerts since Summer 2016 in Krakow,

- Angel, sung in concerts since Summer 2015 in Osaka, it was already published on the mini-CD 'Angel',

- Jupiter, the new version sung in January 2016 for the Mao Asada ice skating performance, it was already published on the mini-CD 'Jupiter'.

The new songs are :
- From a Distance
It could be this song sung by Bette Midler (watch here)

- Salve Regina
Salve Regina will most probably be this latin text composed during the Middle Ages. There are many versions available everywhere, like this one.
This song would fit perfectly with the beige robes the boys wore on the recent filming session :)

- Stabat Mater
Stabat Mater is a 13th-century Catholic hymn to Mary. It has been set to music by many composers, see here, so many that it's a bit tricky to guess which version have been chosen by Robert.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Libera official just confirmed on twitter that the second song that was filmed recently, the one with the beige robes, is 'Salve Regina' :)

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

That was a great guess Patrick :)

My dreams are dashed so still no sign of Angele Dei or a video of it :(
Robolib7

Post by Robolib7 »

dani wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:26 am">7 years ago</span> Some new songs have been announced :mrgreen: - thanks to the fans on Twitter

*From a Distance
*San Damiano
*Salve Regina
*Stabat Mater

Just googled From a Distance and I have to admit I'm becoming alarmed at some of these song choices. If it's the Bette Midler Song I don't know how they can turn this into a Libera song?
Must disagree with this. I hope it is the Bette Midler song.
God is watching us from a distance.
It's a great song and I think Libera will do a beautiful arrangement of it! I wonder who is singing the solo parts.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Nat King Cole? Bette Midler? Looks like JR is back.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

john45 wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:56 pm">7 years ago</span> Nat King Cole? Bette Midler? Looks like JR is back.
Funny you say that as I did think that , I can remember how he said he had a theme he was building towards and everything would link up.

I do not want "pop" Libera.
Last edited by dani on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.