Continental Europe Tour Summer 2016

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Continental Europe Tour Summer 2016

Post by Yorkie »

Thanks for the update John, hopefully we'll get some more concert reports from other attendees. Have a safe trip back home.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Indeed thanks for your report John.
john45 wrote:Once again the weather was damp, but it did not deter the enthusiastic crowd which almost filled the 1200 capacity
Amazing audience for a European concert. Probably the highest maybe, I can only think of the 2009 Dublin concert hall getting near it. The locals ably assisted by those who had come from afar, really turned out in support for Libera. Glad it was a success. It's been a very successful summer tour, even though it feels a little strange to be all wrapped up by 3rd August. Hopefully the boys & Libera staff can take a well earned break for the rest of summer. Looks like alessandro is at the fine wine stage of his treble. It's been a pleasure to chart his progress over recent years.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

It was an eventful night.
I split my review into three parts, there was so much to write about! Even though john45 gave a splendid impression already.

First part: HIGHLIGHTS

First off, I was struck – again – by the wonderful homogeneous sound of the choir as a whole. They really sound 'together', like one. The solo parts put the shine on that, but it's really the overall sound I was once again impressed with. It takes a live performance to really appreciate that.
Another general impression were goosebumps at some point in almost every song from 'Amazing Grace' onwards. Just a lovely feeling :)
Songs that stood out for me:

- The Prayer – the solemnity of them kneeling, the four boys in front, the lyrics – all of it stirred me. And Isaac's closing word gave it a delicate finish. (Edit: I should make it clear that four boys sang the solo part: Isaac, Alessandro, Alex M and Gabe - just the very last word was sung solo by Isaac alone. Just so there is no confusion :) I cut and pasted some parts of my review in order to split in into three, that's why some info got a bit scattered here and there ;))

- Abends wenn ich schlafen geh' – again a song related to prayer which stood out for me in the first half. Also very delicate and despite the expression of concentration and hard work on the faces of the soloists, the sound was very smooth.

- Angel – a new song that I'm very fond of. Camden has an unusual tone for a Libera soloist but he sings very convincingly and wins you over as a listener. Plus his stage presence is amazing – as said earlier, he doesn't get nervous when a technical difficulty happens.

- Morning has broken – I loved the musical backing in that one.I love walking in the woods and taking in the beauty of nature and this performance really captured that sensation.

- Wayfaring stranger with Alessandro as soloist. I can still see him and the boys on either side of him bathed in that dark green light. Sam's version on the DVD is one I cherish and I absolutely love the arrangement they use. It's a song that speaks to me on many levels and always strikes a chord, often bringing tears to my eyes. Watching and hearing Alessandro sing it live did the same and even took it to a new level, since a live performance is always something extra, plus Alessandro's voice is just so beautiful. It has a wonderful melancholy depth of tone which he also projects in his facial expression. I get the feeling he knows what he is singing about and at the same time he is singing it for us. The build up – with the boys forming a V and the music going to a crescendo – was very, very powerful.

This also affected the following songs, as I was still in awe.
Sacris solemnis was very powerful and stirring. I tend to forget how much I like that one. Incidentally, it holds a piece of Libera history for me, as they sang it in Dublin in 2009, which was my very first Libera concert :)
Up next was How Great Thou Art, again with a solo by Alessandro. This is another song that is dear to me for personal reasons and without going into detail it received a new layer of meaning by hearing it sung live that night. And what a treat that Alessandro was again the soloist. I feel privileged to have heard him sing this well in concert – it's such a thrill to discover a new voice at a Libera concert.
Merlin is among those discoveries for me as well, as he is able to hit the stratosphere without the blink of an eye – and seems to enjoy being a soloist.

So, after three powerhouses in a row, Gregor's rendition of What a Wonderful World made for a welcome change of mood. I remember it as being so light and pure. I could just picture him looking around at all he sees and really saying to himself, with maybe a faint sigh: What a wonderful world... Not only his voice, which is very pleasant and clean, but his entire persona seems to radiate a sense of innocence and purity. A rare treat.

I couldn't believe that after that song we were already at the end. After a thank you speech with an invitation to give generously at the collection, the set closed with Libera – but in the spirit of this historic evening of both looking back and looking ahead (see 3rd part of my review), the song was preceded by the Gregorian hymn Veni Creator Spiritus – Come, Holy Spirit.
The signature song throughout the years, chosen to close off the concert, preceded by a century-old hymn, from the very roots of Libera's origin - a song beckoning the Holy Spirit, which makes all things new.
They could not have chosen a more fitting way to end this unforgettable night.
Last edited by maartendas on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

The second part of my review of the Schönstatt concert:

the MEET & GREET!

The Meet & Greet was completely unexpected and also highly unusual in terms of the informal setting. It gave a lovely buzzing atmosphere that the boys seemed to enjoy.
It was my first ever M&G so a lot of impressions.

I got to ask Merlin in person if he has Dutch roots and he does :)
I talked to Alex G who told me that he wasn't feeling well during the shooting of the Washington DVD but that he went on tour anyway – and he made that last statement with visible pride :)
I got to compliment Alessandro on his solo in Wayfaring stranger, which moved me deeply. To be honest, it actually brought me to tears, but I felt too shy to say that to him at that moment :)
I also complimented Camden on his performance because he faced a technical difficulty in the sound system during Angel but didn't blink or budge one bit. He even lost the amplification of his voice for a few seconds so you really had to listen carefully to hear him, which actually gave his solo an extra layer of intensity. Through it all he stood there and sang. I think he would've stood and sang even if the roof of the church had collapsed. That's the spirit!

Next to Camden was Isaac who no longer sings solos all by himself. He did sing the main solo part in The Prayer together with Alessandro, Alex M and Gabe – and sang the very last word “safe” all by himself, which I found very moving, as a sort of mini swansong to the times that have gone by. So I told Isaac that and I hope it stays with him as a memory of that night. [EDIT: I did not mention specifically that I thought it might be his "swansong" moment, I only told him that that particular solo moment moved me. Since I figured it probably will be his last solo spot on stage, I felt I should let him know it struck a chord.]
I was also able to thank Matthew J in person for his solo in I Vow To Thee in Arundel, way back in 2012. I was so glad I could do that :) He told me it is quite hard to sing – something with musical lines twisting and going in different directions. I also complimented him on his German and he told me he gets German lessons in school.

While getting autographs I also stopped by Steven G, who was happy to sign my program and engage in conversation about the tour. He told me the WYD was a very powerful experience that the boys were also enthusiastic about. Especially the massive crowd at the Vigil, with all the lights in the distance, had made an impact. I asked if they had met the Pope and he told me that the Pope had passed them in his vehicle while they were having lunch outside and the boys ran after him! :)

The biggest surprise in terms of the interaction with the boys came from Matthew M. He is almost as tall as me now and our eyes caught and he said “Hello”. So I just sort of said “Hello” back, didn't really know what to say because I didn't have anything particular prepared to say to him, like I did with some of the others. But I remarked that we have almost the same height, which he acknowledged, and then out of the blue he says: “You know all the songs!” And I was completely taken aback by that. “Yes, you were mouthing along to all the songs!” And I did, it's what I do when Libera sings live, I start playbacking. But I never thought they would actually notice that! So I said “Yes, that's right. I hope it wasn't distracting?” But he said it wasn't. He was just completely surprised that someone from the audience would know all the words :)
Last edited by maartendas on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Final impressions from Schönstatt - some reflections on the significance of the event and some words about the audience :)

HISTORY LESSON
In many ways the Vallendar concert was a remarkable addition to Libera history. Not only was it their debut in Germany, the program actually was a kind of trip down memory lane. With the exception of 'New Dawn', there were songs on the set list from every album they ever made, right up to their newest song 'Angel',
Even the song which started it all – 'San Damiano' - was on the program. And while they were singing it I thought to myself, how special it was – there were several generations of Libera boys present on and off stage, and it all began with that one song, being sung now in a fresh arrangement by new boys. And Robert has been the driving force through it all, and still is to this day. It was quite moving to reflect on that – but of course the singing took most of my attention!
(Mind you, next year will be the 30th anniversary of its release, the modest beginning of the Libera adventure. We should in some way celebrate that... edit: oops, my mistake, 'San Damiano' was already released in 1984, not 1987!)
Talking of anniversaries, this was my 5th Libera concert, four years since the last one I went to.

As for the fact that this was their German debut, they did all they can to share with the audience their enthusiasm about it. The speeches were all in German, two of which were done exceptionally well by Matthew J, who (again, a bit of Libera history) had never done any speeches before. Then there were the booklets entitled “Deutschland Debüt” which contained the lyrics of the songs being sung translated into German (by a very kind individual - I don't know if the booklet mentions their name, as I didn't grab one). They even sang a bit in German, at the start of Prayer, which became Abends wenn ich schlafen geh'.

AUDIENCE
Talking of the audience, it was a mixed bunch – and a large one! The estimate ranges between 800 and 1200 in a church that has a capacity for 1300. I was pleasantly surprised to see so many people turn up at the last minute – some of them literally. I talked to a guy from Belgium who had heard about the concert but then had forgotten about it, then on the day itself had read a tweet about it and decided to get in his car and go – and be back at work the next morning.
I also managed to get the lady working at the entrance desk of the guest house I was staying in to come to the concert – when I told her my reason for visiting Schönstatt she was immediately interested and the next morning she told me she had indeed gone to the concert and had enjoyed it very much :) She asked if I was a former chorister. If only! :)
In the queue was also a mixture of familiar faces and some new ones, including a German fan who was thrilled to finally go to his first Libera concert. We talked about our love for Libera while the boys themselves were rehearsing; a nice combination of experiences!
Last edited by maartendas on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SchmPa

Post by SchmPa »

Hallelujah! Where to start, where should I stop? Although I now had more than 24 hour time to calm down again, I'm still totally upset by this unbelievable experience! I have still been up to 3:30 awake last night and as you see I can't sleep again this night. This concert is me again and again through the head. Since I sing myself, I really heard and seen a lot, but these guys have so impressed me, that I still can not believe it.

You should have a little time, if you want to read this... I want to start from the beginning, from the very, very front. :wink:
This will be loooong. And it will tell you more than what I want to say about the concert. But it has to come out and I hope you can understand my English. I don't know if all sentences are meaningfull.

In consideration of what I could sing on the next Christmas concert of my choir as a soloist, in April I was looking for a version of "Ave Maria" and was pushed on YouTube to the one of Schubert, which was sung by Tom Delgado. Hearing this boy touched me in a way, I can not describe. How much I regret, that I wasn't pushend to this choir years ago, especially at the time of Tom Delgado -because I think the voice of this boy was truly exceptional- I could only write an entire essay.

So as you see, I was only a few weeks ago paying attention to Libera (to be honest: attention to Tom Delgado) and following up then had only shared two videos of Libera in our choral internal WhatsApp group for example what kind of Ave Maria I could do at Christmas and was not further been thinking.

The end of May 2016 I then stayed 2 days in a "Voice further development-
Seminar" in Vallendar. At night we sat there still together with some people and suddenly said someone to me, that up in a showcase a sheet depends on the choir, of which I have set the video in the WhatsApp group. The sheet said the group will have here in Germany a concert.

Guys, I'm telling you, I was probably the very first in the world, who knew about this concert in Germany, because the sheet (which was not even a poster or something, but really just a piece of paper) for half an hour -as previously one of the Nuns me on my demand towards said- there was hung. Half a minute later, I had sent a reservation request by e-mail and on the following day I walked down to the pilgrim center to buy the tickets and "check" the church. The tickets were at the time not yet printed, so I could only preorder.

I still can not believe to this day that this concert has taken place from where I live just a one and a half hour. I do not know if it would have been possible for me to attend the concert, if it had been found in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Leipzig or in Flensburg instead. I will even say so: If the concert for me would have taken place at an unreachable distance, I probably would not have "taken care of" Libera, just as I have done so in the following period.

While waiting at the end of May to the concert, I have made myself intensive knowledge about libera, have inveigled all of their videos on YouTube, have made on Twitter, Instagram and different forums "researching" and downloaded on my iTunes their albums. All that made sure that I was on fire now!

As I wrote elsewhere, as a Libera "newcomer" I'm at the moment still in the stage, to cope with the "tragedy" that these guys always and eternally loose their incredible voices because of the voice change. I find it (still) hard to bind me to the "ever changing in its composition whole choir" and not bind me to an individual outstanding singer. I would imagine that those who attend this forum for some time, can certainly understand if they remember their early days. But perhaps this is also my personal matter. I don't know.

But back to topic:
At the day of the concert I broken up with two of my choirsisters to Koblenz. I had concern that I have to classify in a queue of 200 people in front of the Pilgrims' Center because that was the number of cards sold or had been reserved, according to information of a nun one and a half weeks before the concert.

When we arrived at 17:30, the whole area was almost deserted. Even before the Church were at the time not more than about 50 people. After what I had told my companions about how known this choir is, I was quite confused because of the few people. What makes me happy was, that we saw the boys in an outbuilding playing at the hall , when arriving in the Pilgrims' Center. Suddenly it gets so real that I would really, really see them.

Because of at the time of the inlet at 18:30 there were still not a lot of more people there, I was able to get a seat in the third row on the left side directly behind the two rows reserved.

@fillarhenri: May it be that I then sat right behind you? And how the hell did you come to the reserved seats?

But no matter! From my seat, I had a perfect view of the stage and was really close to it. Damn, what I was excited!

When entering "my row " I realized then Maarten and spoke to him. I recognized him because of a photo in his blog.

@Maarten, I belive you were quite surprised, weren't you? :mrgreen:

The waiting time until the start of the concert, I spent with chat with my seat neighbors. One of them had a neighbor who smelled terribly bad, what we have disgusted all the time, but also entertain giggling. In the break she sprayed perfume on his seat. :lol:

Shortly before 19:30 then I have turned around and saw now very, very many people and also a flow of people who wanted into the church so shortly before the concert. There were more and more and more people comming in, so that the church with its 1300 seats finally appeared nearly full. I was so happy that so many people were there! It would have been awfully me to sit with a handful of people in such a huge church at the first Libera concert in Germany.

When it finally started and the guys came in, I had "pee in the eyes" (is this expression known in the English section?) because I could not believe how small and young were the first who took the stage.

The "Joyful Joyful" was a rip-roaring start. The two ladies next to me, I then also passed directly handkerchiefs.

We listend to the following songs with open eyes, ears and mouths and repeatedly shook our heads, because we could not believe how well these children sung, how enchanting this music is and how much this touched emotionally. The songs in the first block were all just indescribably beautiful. The instrumental accompaniment I found too loud at the beginning at some songs. I would have rather to be able to hear the choir even better.

Also it would have been all right with me if the lighting effects would have been more intense, as the pilgrim Church in itself is completely unadorned and despite the impressive dome I think has somehow no atmosphere.

The short speeches in German and sung in German first verse of "Abends will ich schlafen gehen" we found - as Germans!!!- course moving beyond measure. It just sounded so cute as the guys spoke German. It did not matter that you actually could understand only Matthew and Cassius words of content.

The few gestures that libera has made during the individual pieces are perfectly adequate and also very fit somehow.

I was surprised by "Exsultate". I do not really like the song much. But now, as I heard it live, I found it then so great!

In the break I then made my courage and am again to Maarten to where I then came across Tom, John and Patrick briefly.
Beloved: I was a little disappointed that you left me "alone on the floor after 2 minutes in the direction of CD sales. I understand the time pressure of course, because a quarter of an hour break is not long. Nevertheless, I was kind of hoping that the interest in wanting to get known each other -and above all, new members of the Forum- at least in the context of a "reasonable small talk", would have been slightly larger. I thought somehow it is wanted that you" recognize" the others at the forum and also at twitter or where ever. Otherwise you could write a blog for your own and maybe for some "quiet readers". It was clear, that we will not soon see each other again, especially since you also knew that I immediately have go home. I was sad, that Patrick didn't even say "hello" as he joined us standing there. But well, perhaps you guys have seen already many people come and go in this forum. Perhaps you have not known what ye shall begin with me "young thing", that's only for a few days here. What ever. It wasn't meant against me personally, (I hope so) but please don't worry that I wanted to tell you about these kind of feelings which I had okay?

Further in the text:

After the break, we went with one of my favorite songs on, namely "Voca me". Unfortunately I have to say at this point that the piece has not convinced me and I know why this is so. Of course I have the version sung by Tom Delgado in the ear. What I heard the concert was simply not comparable to this incredible, clear, rising with ease, stunned-making voice of Tom.

(And there they were again my three problems :wink: ... the very thing to what I have to get used to: The go and get of the boys, each develops and whom you have found maybe not so great at the last concert, smashes you next time out of your your socks. Again: Do you say so?)

What song has thrilled me was "Wayfaring stanger". I like it in the version of Sam Wiggin. In general, Sam is totally damn cool. I'm a big fan of him. But Alessandro has it really been such great that the song was a highlight for me.

Apropos Sam: I have to say, what had struck me in a certain way, was how tired some of the guys were and I do not mean here and there a yawn, but that Sam and Isaac from the beginning again eyes drooping. For me it looked as if they would have had to force themselfes properly to stay awake. This made me incredibly sorry.

Of course it was also for me so, as they say: The time passes too quickly. In going out I let on a little cry and my fantastic makeup was ruined. :wink:

I was just so incredibly touched by the songs , the entire experience and these wonderful children. At the same time I was also terribly wistfully that the concert was over now, and I probably will again have the opportunity only after several years, to experience a concert of Libera.

Just before the door then I am put back together because I wanted to say something to Alex Gula who was at "my" door with his donations basket. I told him that they were just wonderful and I would like to thank so much. Alex was incredibly polite and somewhat humble and thanked several times for my compliments. As beeing a mother by myself I only thought: So cute!!!

I didn't went to the Signing and I want to tell you why. Somehow I had inhibitions to come to the group of children so close, especially as I had no interest in an autograph. I think I had inhibitions because I would have told those kids what their music emotionally in me "havoc", how deeply it touches me -and to come back to this phase in which I am at the moment- how it moves me, even makes me really sad, that they leaving the choir someday and be replaced by others. Knowing how senseless and totally inappropriate it would be to burden the children with such a shit, I left the place and: drove home. Maybe I can do it on another concert times when I have overcome "my phase".

Well, as you can see I'm awake again and I wanted to tell you all this...
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

SchmPa wrote: When it finally started and the guys came in, I had "pee in the eyes" (is this expression known in the English section?) because I could not believe how small and young were the first who took the stage.
:lol: No, I've never heard it. You mean you cried? :lol:

Thanks for the great review, SchmPa. I've never had the privilege to see Libera in person, and it's great to hear about how it affected you.

Don't worry about the boys changing voices. It is a little sad, but the boys are happy to get new voices, and some stay on a very long time in the back row. I think Sam Leggett set the record for oldest performing member at nineteen. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Your English is very good by the way.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Here is "Exsultate" from the Market Square performance. Merlin (?) has a great voice, and I like how "bouncy" he sings it!
Last edited by alcesalcesobservator on Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
SchmPa

Post by SchmPa »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:
SchmPa wrote: When it finally started and the guys came in, I had "pee in the eyes" (is this expression known in the English section?)

:lol: No, I've never heard it. You mean you cried? :lol:
We say so in Germany, when there are only a few tears making your eyes "wet". :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Hi SchmPa,
Thanks for the review! A first Libera concert is often very impressive and goes by in a whirl before you know it. You captured that mood really well.
I was indeed surprised you recognised me but also happy since it saved some guessing who is who.
Sorry if I gave you the impression that I left you alone, that was not my intention! I thought the other Forum members would continue the conversation with you after you had introduced yourself. And I had forgotten you weren't staying after the concert. It turned out a little different than you had hoped, so maybe at a next concert we can meet again and talk some more.

As for boys changing voices, I now tend to look at it from the other side: there will always be new boys with new amazing voices :) So it's saying goodbye at one point and saying hello the next. It's sad but it's also a richness. Just think how many wonderful singers Libera has had over the years.

A few things I forgot to mention in my (also long!) review:

After they got on the stage, Robert gave the boys a signal and they all turned and bowed to the cross behind the altar. Bowing to the cross or the altar when entering a church is a sign of reverence and it was quite special to see them do this.

[edit: not Matthew J but:] Cassius said in his speech that the reason for singing 'San Damiano' was that it's a song about a place of pilgrimage in Italy, just as Schönstatt is a place of pilgrimage in Germany. So it was chosen because of the location of the concert - and I'm sure it also fit in with the WYD, which is a worldwide meeting of pilgrims.

About the audience, there were several people I spoke to for whom this was their first ever Libera concert. I also talked to a gentleman from Wales who spent over 20 hours on a bus to get to the concert. He was quite knowledgeable about choirs and obviously very dedicated to be at the Libera concert!
Last edited by maartendas on Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

@maartendas
Thank you for your very detailed, emotional and complete report!
maartendas wrote:- Wayfaring stranger with Alessandro as soloist. I can still see him and the boys on either side of him bathed in that dark green light. Sam's version on the DVD is one I cherish and I absolutely love the arrangement they use. It's a song that speaks to me on many levels and always strikes a chord, often bringing tears to my eyes. Watching and hearing Alessandro sing it live did the same and even took it to a new level, since a live performance is always something extra, plus Alessandro's voice is just so beautiful. It has a wonderful melancholy depth of tone which he also projects in his facial expression. I get the feeling he knows what he is singing about and at the same time he is singing it for us. The build up – with the boys forming a V and the music going to a crescendo – was very, very powerful.
I do subscribe your review on the whole and can particularly confirm what you wrote about Wayfaring Stranger , this song was outstanding also for me. I have always liked it a lot, but never heard the Libera version before. It is a wonderful arrangement by Sam Coates, sung beautifully and really touched my soul!
maartendas wrote:- I get the feeling he knows what he is singing about
You take the words out of my mouth, for this is what I keep thinking about many solo bits in the Libera songs, now to mention only Tom Cully singing the solo in Rest In Peace. The Libera song lyrics are very often so very serious and again and again I have got the feeling that these children are further on life's way than I am.

@SchmPa, I was the lucky one of the evening and very happy about where I was seated. However, I think that you can catch the music's sound and atmosphere and the whole view of the choir in a different, but not necessarily worse way if you sit in a row more behind. Unfortunately, one will never be able to sit on two seats at the same time to compare. :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Hi SchmPa
I’m sorry if you were offended that we didn’t spend more time chatting with you in the interval. I simply wanted to ensure that I had a CD for the boys to sign after the concert – and the queue to buy one was quite long. The signatures are not that important but I enjoy the opportunity to thank the boys for their efforts. Yes, they have natural talent, but a great deal of hard work goes into producing a concert of such quality. It is a pity you didn’t stay after the concert. I see that you share my regard for Tom D-L, one of Libera’s greatest ever soloists. We could have discussed his talent and his Libera and Operatic performances for many hours.
Best Wishes
John
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks for the comprehensive reviews Martindale & SchmPa. It's always nice to read other people's experiences of attending Libera concerts. You will get used to the ever changing line-up, over time you realise there are many more very capable treble singers, just waiting for their chance to shine. You feel quite lucky to witness each new phase of Libera. Not sure why the person who recorded exsultate decided to walk away from the stage but there you go.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I have been meaning to read and respond to some these reviews sooner, and had the forum open in my browser, but I just never got around to reading them until just now. Every time I went to try and read them I had some sort of distraction like a phone call related to work or something else!

Amazing and detailed reviews. Maartendas, SchmPa, and John thank you so much for sharing your experiences; I enjoyed reading them and, again, feeling like I was there with you all :D . Even if the songs are mostly the same, each concert seems to bring its own surprises, arrangements, and soloists that make it extra special. And in this case a very nice informal M&G and money collection by the choristers. I do hope that they have managed to recoup some of their expenditures on this tour as Libera again tweeted out a request for donations to cover these same expenses.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

No new posts for 18 hours,. I guess this is the calm after the storm. Nice to see that after all their hard work the boys are getting to enjoy some well deserved fun time in Germany. Despite the great generosity of the Vallendar audience, Libera’s twitter post indicates that their finances are still in the red. While realizing that many supporters have already pushed their budget to the limit, if anyone can spare even the smallest donation it would help to ensure that we may be able to enjoy similar wonderful concerts in the future.