Hydration During Performances, Kings College Choir

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Hydration During Performances, Kings College Choir

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Kings College Choir's "Nine Lessons and Carols" is my "go-to" music if I'm sick or awake in the night. I'm sick today, and in my musings I have began to wonder about how the boys keep from being parched with all the singing. The cut version on Youtube, without the lessons, is 48 min. of pretty solid singing. Are they given an intermission, or allowed to drink any water during the performance?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Hydration During Performances, Kings College Choir

Post by Yorkie »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:Kings College Choir's "Nine Lessons and Carols" is my "go-to" music if I'm sick or awake in the night. I'm sick today, and in my musings I have began to wonder about how the boys keep from being parched with all the singing. The cut version on Youtube, without the lessons, is 48 min. of pretty solid singing. Are they given an intermission, or allowed to drink any water during the performance?
There is no intermission and I have never seen water in the choir stalls or seen them drinking when I have been to a service. I guess you just get used to it but it helps that it is the middle of an English winter and not likely to be very warm!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Wow. I don't know how they do it. Thanks Yorkie!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Watching a few of their "behind the scenes" videos it appears that they may hydrate themselves before hand. I would wonder how they made it through their Crystal Cathedral performance years back. From what I've read the place is an air conditioning nightmare.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote:Watching a few of their "behind the scenes" videos it appears that they may hydrate themselves before hand. I would wonder how they made it through their Crystal Cathedral performance years back. From what I've read the place is an air conditioning nightmare.
They do have intervals/intermissions in their concert performances the same way that Libera do, but not during their participation in religious services.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love