Hello!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Karppoo

Hello!

Post by Karppoo »

Hi, I'm new one here in Libera Dreams. But I've been listening and watching many years (maybe seven years) Libera. Libera have so good harmonies and unique sound that no other group or band doesn't have. My favourite songs are probably Time, Ave Verum, Secret, Recordare, Mysterium (and many more). And of course I like very much Libera's version of Be still my soul because it's Jean Sibelius "Finlandia" (I was born and I live in Finland and SIbelius was born about 40 km away from where I was born and I live)!

I've seen Libera twice in London. Me and my common-law wife were in 2011 and 2012 in St. George Gathedral. It was magnificent concerts, both. And because we are Lutheran, our churches are not so beautiful than in Britain. We were once in York and I really like York's Minster (I whish Libera could make a concert there??). We use to be in London once a year because my common-law wife's cousin live there. And she was last November in Libera's concert with us and she cried after 2 songs becouse she like it so much (she hasn't never heard before Libera).

Sorry, because my native language is Finnish and English is not so good.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Hello!

Post by maartendas »

Hi Karppoo and welcome!
Glad you found us :)
Don't worry about your English, it's perfectly understandable.
You can relate to the emotional impact of Libera as well as the beauty of voices combined with church architecture. I do too :)
Hope you enjoy your stay on the Forum!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hello Karppoo,

At last, a Finn who likes Be Still My Soul! And with the exemplary good taste of liking York too :D A great addition to the forum :wink:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Welcome to our gang of Gavroche's
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Karppoo

Post by Karppoo »

Hello again, Oliver and Billy Elliot are my favourite musicals.
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

Tervetuloa. :) Minäkin olin sattumoisin ensimmäisissä Liberan konserteissani St Georgesissa '11 & '12, ehkäpä ensi kerralla törmätään!

//Right, the rules, sorry about that. All I said was welcome, that in fact my first Libera concerts were at St George's in 2011 and 2012 too, and that perhaps the next time we'll meet there.
Yorkie wrote:At last, a Finn who likes Be Still My Soul!
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Lumi on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Lumi, can you please translate your post for us? see Forum rule #11 > http://libera-dreams.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1213
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Karppoo

Post by Karppoo »

Thanks to Lumi your post.
We are going to be in Guildford in May. Cant wait.