Summer 2012 Concerts - Jersey and Guernsey

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Choirfan
Silver Member

Re: Summer 2012 Concerts - Jersey and Guernsey

Post by Choirfan »

Re ticket sales so far : Oh dear :? I just hope they have a last minute rush of people on the nights in question, but to fill so many unsold seats, as in Chester, it seems unlikely.

Just recently there was a performance of The Monaco Boys choir in my town. I went a week before the concert to get a ticket, but they were all sold out. Just like that! And even I had not heard of them before.

They should have come to Ireland. They could have had a holiday here and i am sure any venues played at would have been well attended. On the plus side, the weather looks a lot better in Jersey :D For all those going along, i envy you and enjoy! I look forward to the reviews, and maybe even a M&G session??
"You are not alone"
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

dani wrote:Tickets are selling now. Butnot close to any kind of a sell out.
Maybe I can hand out some flyers then on the plane to Guernsey. Maybe others can do that too on the plane or ferry?
Johan
HarryJamesSnr

Post by HarryJamesSnr »

Horticult2000 wrote: Maybe I can hand out some flyers then on the plane to Guernsey. Maybe others can do that too on the plane or ferry?
Johan
Good idea. I have been doing similar on the ground here in the Islands, I got 500 A5 cheap photocopies done and they are almost all gone now. Go for it!
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Aaaaahhhh! Fan de LoK just tweeted that Josh Madine is listed as one of the keyboard players! Awesoooooome!!!!!!!
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

And Josh soloed on Faithful Heart with Matthew Jansen!!!!! :o :D :D :D :mrgreen:
labbie

Post by labbie »

Thanks to FandeLok, and to anyone else who attended/attends these concerts for their reviews/observations. I am glad that everyone is enjoying the concerts.
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

Lexi wrote:And Josh soloed on Faithful Heart with Matthew Jansen!!!!! :o :D :D :D :mrgreen:
That must be very special indeed. I remember Josh' solo in November in London as the most beautiful thing I ever heard. And now with Matthew! I am looking forward to this!!!!!!!!!
Johan
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Lexi wrote:And Josh soloed on Faithful Heart with Matthew Jansen!!!!! :o :D :D :D :mrgreen:
Wow. I'm gutted. That song is the nr. 1 song of my boyfriend and me. I would never dream they would sing it live one day. At one point I thought they would sing it in Arundel because people tweeted they sang it in Singapore - but then it turned out they meant Grateful Heart. I'm so sad now that I wasn't able to witness this live with my boyfriend... If there was one song we were hoping for it was this one... :( :( :(

Btw I'm surprised no one has written a full set list with names yet.
--EDIT: DearMadine already wrote a blog with thanks to FDL: http://dearmadine.blogspot.nl/2012/08/j ... ncert.html
Reading the review of Faithful Heart makes me even more gutted... though putting that aside (which takes time..), I can also rejoice at the fact of this great performance, and I'm very happy for Mattthew J to share this solo with Josh. He's becoming a very promising member.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Lexi wrote:Aaaaahhhh! Fan de LoK just tweeted that Josh Madine is listed as one of the keyboard players! Awesoooooome!!!!!!!
Oddly he did not play the keyboards all night . He played the piano on ave verum and sounded good .

Maybe he had played the keyboard when they was mixing the sounds for the concert ?

Thomas D L was the main Soloist and was fantastic . Thomas sung

Exultate
Grateful heart with Michael U R
The fountain with Matthew J
Eternal light with jude
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Wow, sounds like this concert was quite a treat! And I thought I was special for hearing a "might be the last" Josh solo back in the 2011 summer tour. :p

Was the concert well attended? Did they get that final rush of ticket purchases we were all hoping they would? I'm tingling right now after reading dearmadine's blog, lol. It seems like after every concert I get more and more jealous of those who have attended. :)

I sincerely hope that somewhere along the line one of these "might be the last" Josh solos/duets is recorded somehow. I know, I know, you're supposed to go to the actual concerts to see the real magic happen, but it's just not possible for me anyway. Faithful Heart is such a beautiful song, and I can only imagine how much more beautiful it is with a rich baritone/bass aspect to it. I've never heard Matthew J. sing, but from other posts and reviews he seems to be impressive as well. I hope they keep "Far Away" on the song list as well, in time for the next USA tour!
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Unforntatly no rush of ticket sales but the fans in attendance made them feel loved . It was. Really good concert . Let's not forget stefan and Ralph are not here , so big changes . But it worked and I am glad I made the effort to come to jersey .
labbie

Post by labbie »

Thanks for your comments, Dani. You are absolutely right. Despite the changes to the line-up, Libera keeps on proving with each new generation that they are all very versatile, and able to "step up" and move with confidence into taking on solo assignments as necessary. I'm glad you enjoyed the concert.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

dani wrote:Unforntatly no rush of ticket sales but the fans in attendance made them feel loved . It was. Really good concert . Let's not forget stefan and Ralph are not here , so big changes . But it worked and I am glad I made the effort to come to jersey .
labbie wrote:Thanks for your comments, Dani. You are absolutely right. Despite the changes to the line-up, Libera keeps on proving with each new generation that they are all very versatile, and able to "step up" and move with confidence into taking on solo assignments as necessary. I'm glad you enjoyed the concert.
That's too bad about the ticket sales, but good to hear about the fans making them feel loved. I guess I didn't realize that with Ralph and Stefan not being there that such a big change had to be made, but now that I think about it that WOULD be a big deal on SO many songs.
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I am home from Jersey :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It was a amazing trip. The company was fantastic and the concerts were great and it is the first time i have ever done back to back concerts :D

There was so many highlights this time around as songs i loved on the first night then moved down the list on the second night . But some of my fav songs was

Dies Irae - i adore Ciaran's voices and i love the movements in the song. Like towards the end when the big boys take a step forward to back up the small boys in front. It is such a fun song to watch and listen to and is a highlight for me.

Eternal light - Jude was out of this world on the second night ( the first night was good but the second night was golden :D )

Faithful heart- no words!! :mrgreen:

Song of Life and little Isaac is another favorite.

The younger boys have had to step up and they proved that the future is in very capable hands . All of them was great and i was proud to be in Jersey and see all of them perform at the top of there game.

Song List:
Jubilate ( Kavana has one of the opening notes)
Libera
Song of Life (solo: Isaac )
Sanctissima (solo: Eoghan)
Sanctus (Last Sanctus by Matthew J)
I Vow To Thee My Country (solo: Matthew J )
Eternal Light (solo: Jude and Thomas DL)
Salva Me ( Matthew RA high notes)
Faithful Heart (solo: Josh Madine and Thomas DL on the high notes )

Break

Exultate (solo: Thomas DL)
Attende Domine (A Gregorian chant. a cappella by Eoghan)
Orinoco Flow
Gloria
The Fountain (solo: Matthew J - Matthew is the lead with a small amount of help from Thomas DL ) ******
Dies Irae (solo: Ciaran)
Grateful Heart (solo: Thomas DL and Michael UR )
Stay With Me (solo: Cassius - with another 4-5 boys supporting him and Matthew RA on high notes)
Ave Verum ( Josh on Piano )
Far Away (solo: Isaac)
Glory To Thee (solo: Eoghan )
How Shall I Sing That Majesty (solo: Eoghan)
Encore: Exultate (short version)

**** some discussion on that as a few thought it was Thomas doing the bits that was actually Matthew J - but with two concerts we have to concede it was indeed Matthew J :lol: :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

dani wrote: The younger boys have had to step up and they proved that the future is in very capable hands .
Best news for Libera in 2012 :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above