The Winter Family

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

bamboo
Silver Member

The Winter Family

Post by bamboo »

I've been hearing rumours that the Winter family (Ron Winter, Andrew Winter, Andy Winter etc?) were part of Libera once? Can anyone confirm this rumour please and perhaps give more info about them? Thanks! :)
paul
Site Admin

Re: The Winter Family

Post by paul »

Not sure about Andy Winter as he is quite old now. I know he sung for St Philips at mass and in fact he still does, not 100% on the younger brother, I would guess that if he did sing publicly then it would have been with St P's boys choir and not Libera.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable could shed some light on this.

Cheers

Paul.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: The Winter Family

Post by Yorkie »

paul30003 wrote:Not sure about Andy Winter as he is quite old now. I know he sung for St Philips at mass and in fact he still does, not 100% on the younger brother, I would guess that if he did sing publicly then it would have been with St P's boys choir and not Libera.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable could shed some light on this.

Cheers

Paul.
I'm not sure Andy is that old Paul!!!! I think the theory is that Ron was a singer with the group as a boy and that Andy (Ron's dad iirc) also sang with them on the early albums but as one of the adult deeper voices (for example Voca Me has men's voices as part of the backing) - there is another thread somewhere around here that discusses it.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love