Concert in St George - London - Friday 25/11

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Murkskis

Re: Concert in St George - London - Friday 25/11

Post by Murkskis »

Wonderful concert! Thanks again to Libera for this Christmas gift!
Special thanks to Yorkie, dani and all for being so nice to me- I got a present for my birthday! :D :D

The weather was pretty clear the whole day.
Except it was getting soooo cold after 4 p.m., luckily a few of us managed to get a cup of hot tee and some snacks at the nearby cafe- thanks to dani for guidance! :)

I was lucky enough to get inside the church before the boys arrived and started the rehearsal. What I heard was the soundtrack of Still, still, still + violins and trust me I was more than satisfied to hear that.

After long queing we got inside. The program and CDs were for sale at the door.
Many people used the oportunity to get an album or two.
lucyjubilate

Post by lucyjubilate »

The concert was just amazing! And I was totally carried away... again.

Stefan was not doing Libera tonight and Eoghan took his part. And Eoghan was singing the second verse of How shall I sing that majesty with Stefan doing the first.

I heard someone talking during the interval that Freddie has moved home, so he has left Libera... What a pity!
dani wrote:The boys have arrived . The normal boys like Josh , Ben , Liam , Daniel are here .

Weird inappropriate filming going on with a few people in the queue filming the boys upstairs when they are arriving and getting ready to get changed .
That man filming was not far from me... and he was so intrusive... like a stalker (I'm sorry to use this word, but he just filmed and took pictures with the flashlight on all the time since the boys had arrived). If I were Mrs Geraghty I'd have asked him to leave! But it seemed that the chaperons had found this after a while and we could no longer see the boys by the window any more until the door was opened. And I owe him a big thankyou if we get less UK concerts in the future. :?
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

I think the concert started after a long pause of silence. Shortly before the boys came in the front, the lights went out so you could barely see their white figures appearing from the right side, and slowly taking their places. RP took his place at the piano on the left side. Steven sat at the keyboard on the right. Percussionists were far behind the boys.
The famous moose was also placed on 'the stage' just a bit later :D

The first song was Jubilate, chained to Libera. Quite a warm-up. After that Barney and Cassius gave a speech.

Joy to the World- sounded like the video - the one by QVC, but it was fuller, because so many boys were singing this. Steven played the clarinet.

Still, still, still- now patiently and quietly I got really hooked up at this point. This song was definitely one of the highlights of the night. Excellent solo by Ralph. :D Oh well, I admit I also closed my eyes now and then to get deeply lost in music.

Song of Life- it resembles the YT video so much, but it was better just because this was live! Another treat by Ralph.

Sanctus- the concert was getting even better. I think it was accompanied by nice dark-red lights. And this song was delivered so good. Powerful indeed.

Salva - "free me to fly away, carry me away from the things that harm"- I don't think i could have found a better place to be tonight. Nice song, boys were spreading their arms at one point. Was it like flying? Maybe. We couldn't really see who was doing the high salvas. Using very advanced methods of legendary S.Holms we decided that it was Matthew Rangel-Alvares, because we couldn't notice him in the front during this song.
timjanni

Post by timjanni »

lucyjubilate wrote: ...
I heard someone talking during the interval that Freddie has moved home, so he has left Libera... What a pity!
Any trace of James Mordaunt?
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

timjanni wrote:
lucyjubilate wrote: ...
Any trace of James Mordaunt?
I was told that James was in the audience. I wish I could have seen him between the boys but he wasn't there...
timjanni

Post by timjanni »

Murkskis wrote: I was told he was in the audience. I wish I could have seen him between the boys but I didn't see him there...
Thanks, hoped he would have been around, perhaps someone else did see him.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Stay with me- Daniel and Cassius were singing the solo.

Veni, veni Emanuel. - I agree with dani- it was one of the highlights. Credits to Josh and Ralph. Absolutely moving piece. Josh looked so confident while singing this. I almost started clapping before the last gaudes. :shock: Luckily I didn't happen.

Exultate. Very, very joyful song. A good way to finish the first part of the concert. I was trying to make some notes, but ... at one point I dropped my pen of the floor ... :oops: And right after the intermission I couldn't find the sheet where I made my notes :lol: Luckily I found it at the very end again. As I was sitting on the 4th row, I hope it wasn't too disturbing to anyone.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

At the start of intermission Mr Philipp, Libera's chairman came in the front and made a speech. The main points of the speach- Libera is appreciating and thanking the St.George's cathedral for hosting them and he put a very strong emphasis on spreading and sharing Libera's music- he encouraged people in the audience to share their music with other people, like friends and relatives.

The second part was even better than the first. The soloists were basically the same as it was in Philippines tour.
The speeches by the boys were also nice. I think the audience especially enjoyed the one by nano-Ben. He told how he got this 'nano' name. Absolutely adorable, only child in a child's voice can deliver this in a way that the whole audience was an 'awwwwwwwww like' :D

Ave Verum was the highlight for the low voices. And the impressive V formation.

------------------

Well, 4 a.m. my 'biological time'.... I will post some comments later!

*Waving good night to all* !
labbie

Post by labbie »

Thanks to dani, Murkskis and all those who gave accounts of the concert. It would seem to have been another wonderful evening with Libera. I am happy for all who were able to attend.
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

It sounds like the concert went well. Thanks for the reviews everyone. I wish I could have been there. I did look at flights briefly...next time though.
It's amazing how it seems every concert there are more newbies!

Some one mentioned that Freddie "moved home"...was he not living at home while he was in Libera?
Tim
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
skittles

Post by skittles »

did anyone get any kind of pictures?
music

Post by music »

hannah_kirstin wrote:
Christine wrote:
Josh's and Ralph's version of it was simply ethereal.
ETHEREAL. If I had a word in my vocabulary more intense than that, I would use it! :lol:
The world NEEDS to hear that version of Veni Veni Emmanuel.. Pretty please, Libera staff? :wink:
DEFINITELY!!! When I heard it at the PICC, I couldn't put it in words how their version was. It should be in a video!!!! I echo the PLEASE!!!!!!! :D
I'm on Twitter ----> I_music_I ♥♥♥
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Malibu wrote:Some one mentioned that Freddie "moved home"...was he not living at home while he was in Libera?
Tim, I believe that's Britspeak for Freddie moved away....too far away to make practicing at St Philip doable.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Soudns like the concert went very well! Thanks for the reviews so far guys! Can't wait to read more :D
I absolutly can't wait to see them again!!!
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

[quote="Murkskis"]I was trying to make some notes, but ... at one point I dropped my pen of the floor ... :oops: And right after the intermission I couln't find the sheet where I made my notes :lol: Luckily I found it at the very end again. As I was sitting on the 4th row, I hope it wasn't too disturbing to anyone.[/quote]

lol I've done that too - fumbling around in the dark! :lol:

Thank you for writing about the concert. Libera concerts are always great!