Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

phlibera
Gold Member

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by phlibera »

Benj wrote:Ha ha! You saw that convoy too. My uncle said there's a picture of the president with the BEA. So you're right, he must have watch their concert. We have better taste than him! :lol:
Somebody should really share the Youtube video of "Bayan Ko" to the president considering that every time I hear that song I immediately think of his father (the late former senator Ninoy Aquino, assasinated in the very airport that has since been named after him) and mother (the late former president Cory Aquino) and the EDSA Revolution. :)
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

carina_gino20 wrote:The one thing that disappointed me though was seeing some empty seats in the middle section, right in front of the boys. I thought it would eventually fill up like in 2009, but sad to say that it wasn't. I don't know if those seats weren't sold or if the so called VIPs just didn't bother coming.
Probably the latter. I was tinkering with Ticket World the day before and on the day of the concert, and none of the A rows would show up for the 7,000 peso seats. Based on the little time I had playing with their system, most unsold seats are single seats. That is to say, if you are planning to go with someone else you'll be separated. :D
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Nikki178 wrote:During the M&G afterwards this girl in front of me was video recording her time at the line. When she came to Ben she asked him to say "Mahal kita Mia" and Ben smiled and said it perfectly in one take. His facial expression was priceless. He looked so excited and proud he was able to say it in one take. Does anybody know who that girl is? Haha, I would like to see that video. Hahaha! :lol:
Hmm... Mia or Pia? Sounds familiar. She could be the one who released the short Cassius meowing video in Youtube the last time Libera was here (April 2010). Her trooping of the line in the M&G was also priceless.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Nikki178 wrote:I'm not sure if anybody brought this up yet, but do you think Libera will record "Himig ng Pasko"?
PolyEast Records in their FB said that they are releasing a repacked version of the Christmas album with "Himig ng Pasko" as a bonus track. Will buy it when it's released. :D
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

A bit late, wasn't able to use the internet after the concert. But boy the concert gave me an out of body experience for reals! :!: It's really amazing to hear Libera live... and this time I hear them with actual live instruments, it really gives the quality of the songs a major kick!

I won't blabber on my impressions witch each song because most people have already posted (and are much better in that department than I) but boy Song of Life, Eternal Light and Sing the Story just blew me away, I'm on the verge of tears and was stopping myself for shouting for how awesome it was for me. :cry: Stay for me sort of surprised me because I thought with Daniel's age he cannot sing it, but even if changes are starting to sound in his voice I was glad on how it ended up. (p.s. so bias with him because I found him really nice in the M&G and then the "appreciation" with his Panis Angelicus version... blah blah fandom :lol: )

Ave Verum and Still, Still, Still are recent discoveries for me. And some of the Christmas Album songs are a delight to hear. I just didn't want it to end! :cry: Goodness, if I had the monehs, I would've flown to the Cebu concert as well. :cry:

P.S. To the people who were able to line up for the M&G/signing part of the evening, did they allow people who only have the concert booklet (who by the way, I'm a bit miffed or it being almost 50% advertisements...) to go ahead with the M&G and for the boys to sign the paraphernalia? I was sort of anguished to the fact that I could've just bought a CD and got it signed than getting the booklet. :/ I would've wanted to at least give my personal thanks for Stefan and Ralph (for their amazing solo bits), Daniel (for Stay with me), Josh and Liam (for a probable last time I see them) and the other boys who got solo parts.... :cry:

Nikki178 wrote:I'm not sure if anybody brought this up yet, but do you think Libera will record "Himig ng Pasko"? If they do, I wonder if that will be another version of the Christmas Album. :wink: I got goosebumps everytime they sang the "para bang hulog na ng langit" line. :)
When that 2nd encore started to show itself, I was like "Oh! Don't tell me they're gonna do a new Filipino song!?" and was blown away by their version. Was a bit side-eyeing those people who are going judgmental on the pronuciation though :x ... I mean really, 2 months to prepare for this concert and to memorize that song, I really hate this mentality of us Filipinos at times, UGH. Can't we just appreciate the thought?! :x

Love, LOVE, LOVEEEE their version though! :shock: And I was sort of glad coz I haven't bought the Christmas Album and this might just see it's way to a repackage of sorts. :wink:
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

What is the translation of "Himig ng Pasko"?
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

worshipper28 wrote:What is the translation of "Himig ng Pasko"?
I think you can translate it as "Tune of Christmas", "Himig" has sort of become an uncommon Filipino word these days here in the Pines.
- Song of All, canto 642
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Here's my crude translation of the Tagalog lyrics. Please take it with a grain of salt as I'm not a native Tagalog speaker. I learned a variant of Cebuano (since I started talking) and then English (starting in kindergarten) before we were taught Tagalog/Pilipino (starting in grade four). :D
Malamig ang simoy ng hangin
Kay saya ng bawat damdamin
Ang tibok ng puso sa dibdib
Para bang hulog ng langit

Himig ng Pasko'y laganap
Mayroong sigla ang lahat
Wala ang kalungkutan
Lubos ang kasayahan

Himig ng Pasko'y umiiral
Sa loob ng bawat tahanan
Masaya ang mga tanawin
May awit ang simoy ng hangin
There's coolness in the air
How happy each one feels
Every beat of the heart
Like a blessing from heaven

The sound of Christmas is everywhere
There's enthusiasm in everyone
There's no sadness
Full of gladness

The sound of Christmas prevails
In each home
Joy is everywhere
There's a song in the air
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

phlibera wrote:Here's my crude translation of the Tagalog lyrics. Please take it with a grain of salt as I'm not a native Tagalog speaker. I learned a variant of Cebuano (since I started talking) and then English (starting in kindergarten) before we were taught Tagalog/Pilipino (starting in grade four). :D
This actually looks good. :!: So you're from Cebu? At first look I thought you were a foreigner, hahaha. :lol:
Last edited by Moppi on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Song of All, canto 642
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Moppi wrote:This actually looks good. :!: So you're from Cebu? At first look I thought you were a foreigner, hahaha. :lol:
Well, technically I'm not really from Cebu, but yeah, you could say that (for the time being). :D
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

@Carina, lovely review! Waiting for part 2! What song touched you the most?
@Moppi - Was able to squeeze into slot for M/G at last minute (#151) thanks to some persuasion from Yuki to Andy Winter. Yayyy Yuki! Only people w/ CDs were allowed to enter. Took some good pics of all boys (except Thomas) which I posted earlier in this thread. Was also a bit disappointed w/ the programme and that they wouldn't allow non-cd buyers to use that as apass instead. I now have 3 copies of the Christmas Album, 2 signed. Who wants one?
@Philibera - good job on the translation! My Tagalog isn't that good either
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

hannah_kirstin wrote: @Moppi - Was able to squeeze into slot for M/G at last minute (#151) thanks to some persuasion from Yuki to Andy Winter. Yayyy Yuki! Only people w/ CDs were allowed to enter. Took some good pics of all boys (except Thomas) which I posted earlier in this thread. Was also a bit disappointed w/ the programme and that they wouldn't allow non-cd buyers to use that as apass instead. I now have 3 copies of the Christmas Album, 2 signed. Who wants one?
Oh my, then how about those people that I saw just holding the programme/free poster? They were turned away? :shock: With the content of that programme booklet, I thought it should just be around a 100 pesos or 150 or maybe even should've just been given away for free. :/

Oh, I'm giving your offer a shot. :lol: May I have one?.. HAHA! So if ever I'll have a copy of the original and then I'll just buy a possible "repackaged" version with "Himig ng Pasko". :lol:
- Song of All, canto 642
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

If you are going to the M&G in Cebu or the Cebu concert, please read the message below. Basically copy-paste from my blog post earlier:

Attention Libera fans in the Philippines! Mr. Fairman (Ben's father) needs your kindness to send a message to his beloved son! I got a message from him today (which totally surprised me) that he was wondering if I could say hello to Ben for him. I would gladly make a phone call to Josh and tell him to get Ben on the phone but obviously I don't have his number or anyone in Libera's for that matter. Lol.

Since I'm stuck in the US and cannot make on time to fly out to the Philippines, I need your help! When you see Nano-Ben at the next M&G or at the concert, please please please tell him that his dad who is currently on a business trip to Ukraine says a big hello. Feel free to add nice phrases like "he misses you" and such ;)

When you do say hi to Ben, let me know his response so I can tell Mr. Fairman. If you can manage to get pictures or videos of that interaction, I bet it will make his day. Counting on you guys!!

Thanks!
Inna
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

@Moppi: that would be nice! Do have Twitter or YM? You can send me a PM there. I'm always on my phone so I can reply to your messages immediately. Did see some people have their programmes signed, but they also had CDs. Facilitators later on insisted "CDs only" because the boys were tired. M/G ended at 11:30pm!
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dearmadine wrote:If you are going to the M&G in Cebu or the Cebu concert, please read the message below. Basically copy-paste from my blog post earlier:

Attention Libera fans in the Philippines! Mr. Fairman (Ben's father) needs your kindness to send a message to his beloved son! I got a message from him today (which totally surprised me) that he was wondering if I could say hello to Ben for him. I would gladly make a phone call to Josh and tell him to get Ben on the phone but obviously I don't have his number or anyone in Libera's for that matter. Lol.

Since I'm stuck in the US and cannot make on time to fly out to the Philippines, I need your help! When you see Nano-Ben at the next M&G or at the concert, please please please tell him that his dad who is currently on a business trip to Ukraine says a big hello. Feel free to add nice phrases like "he misses you" and such ;)

When you do say hi to Ben, let me know his response so I can tell Mr. Fairman. If you can manage to get pictures or videos of that interaction, I bet it will make his day. Counting on you guys!!

Thanks!
Inna
:D How cool is that :D

Say hi to nano-Ben from Yorkie too - I'm sure he'll be thrilled :lol:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love