Gold Member

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by tom413 »

Jakub is of Polish descent.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

tom413 wrote:Jakub is of Polish descent.
Is Neidermaier a Polish name? I imagine Woscholski is Polish also. I would guess that Ustynovych-Repa would be Russian or Ukrainian.
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Crazy crowd at the Meet & Greet yesterday!I! know I'm one day too late, but just need to post something. :D Happy coz I got to meet famous Libera fans Yuki and Enyu!
My friend and I were 13th and 14th in line to have our albums and posters signed. Selected songs from the Christmas Album as well as 'Bayan Ko' and 'Orinoco Flow' blared on the speakers. The boys arrived a little late, 16:20 that is. Maybe got stuck in traffic along EDSA? Nevertheless, the seats in front of the elevated platform were filled to the max (300, i think) and onlookers lined the upper levels of the atrium. Crazy fangirls shrieking when the boys finally arrived!
Can I just say that the boys look so much cuter/ angelic/ huggable in person? And their manners are to be admired for their young age. Is everyone in the UK like this or is it just these Libera angels? :D Anyway, got all 28 of them to sign my CD and poster. So funny how the little ones painstakingly took time to perfect their signatures! Also got to shake hands and have some small talk with (Mini) Ben, Liam, Stefan, Josh, Ralph, Eoghan and Cassius. Yayyy! :mrgreen:
Will try to post some pics later, once I figure out how to use photobucket. :lol: Not the best quality though, as this is just my friend's camera phone. DSLR unavailable at the last minute. :(
Love my Stefan and Matthew M. pic, those are the ones w/ best resolution.
So happy I got to meet them all, and I converted my friend into a Libera fan in the process! :lol:
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Lauren wrote: I'm surprised by this. Wonder if there is a good reason that we don't know about. So was anyone able to get a pic of Josh and Matt together? That would be awesome! :D
I tried...and failed! :lol: While Matthew was smiling, Josh was signing. Then when I asked Josh if I can take a pic of the two of them together, he smiled and Matthew was signing! Oh boy.

I didn't like the way there were so man security guards in front of the table. I think they actually stalled the signing. hehe. Some of the more eager fans still tried their best to take a picture with the boys on the background while they were in line.

The 1st batch of boys had to stay out longer, I think. The host was calling the fans in batches of 10. By the time the 2nd batch of boys came out, they were already calling fans in batches of 30.

Some of my impressions...

Barney Lindsell looks to be the most alert among the younger (newer) boys. He was all smiles, even when the host kept calling him Barry...

It was nice to see some of the old boys back. Libera is the same but different.

I was able to tell Daniel that I love his version of Panis Angelicus.

Kavana was his usual charming self. Asked me how I was before I could even greet him. I asked him if he was tired and he said no, he's very excited for Tuesday.

Ben is also still quite the charmer. I jokingly asked if he was going to sing Bayan Ko on Tuesday and he gave me a conspiratorial grin.

When the 2nd batch came in, there were lots of squealing as Josh walked in. First thought. Wow, he's grown very tall. When the host mentioned that he will be celebrating his birthday in a few days, she asked the crowd what their gift for him was. And apparently, the answer was "love". No doubt... :lol:

I am so happy that Stefan is here with them.

I also told Ralph that The Fountain is one of my favorite songs.

After I got all 29 boys to sign, we went to his cafe on the floor above where you get a bird's eye view of the signing. There was a line of giggling girls down in front of the stage, just about ready to propose to Josh. :lol:

Sam, Steven, and Ben were there but I didn't want to bother them since they were eating. I did see a group of fans approach them and saw someone cover his face. Must have been RP, not wanting his photo taken.hehe.

After the 2nd batch finished signing, Ralph said a few words of thanks to the crowd. And after maybe ten minutes, they left the place.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

carina_gino20 wrote: I tried...and failed! :lol: While Matthew was smiling, Josh was signing. Then when I asked Josh if I can take a pic of the two of them together, he smiled and Matthew was signing! Oh boy.

I didn't like the way there were so man security guards in front of the table. I think they actually stalled the signing. hehe. Some of the more eager fans still tried their best to take a picture with the boys on the background while they were in line.

Barney Lindsell looks to be the most alert among the younger (newer) boys. He was all smiles, even when the host kept calling him Barry...

It was nice to see some of the old boys back. Libera is the same but different.
Wanted to correct the host right away! Poor Barney! Thankfully he was still very much 'game'. The pic I have of Josh and Matt is out of focus. :(
Also felt that the security guards were too severe. Could have taken better pics if they didn't rush us so much.
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Libera is quite a middle class choir so I am surprised that suddenly there seems to be an influx of polish boys.

And Ciaren is the way the Irish would say it as the guy from westlife has the same name . And we know about "Owen " for months as again he would be some part Irish :D

So one boy is called Cuba ? . That's one name I would never of got from Jakub. So thank you for finding that out .

Do we know how old the new boys are yet? . Any news on Freddie?

Thanks for all the great reviews guys as they are so fun to read :D

It's an experience none of us will ever get in the u.k so it's nice to see how fan friendly the are abroad. And they seem to love it .D
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

I was afraid the security would spoil it again. Yeah the worst that fans can do is tickle Josh to death :lol:
Still, better than no meet & greet at all. Contrary to some belief that Asian fans are mostly screaming young girls, this crowd had everyone from every walk of life. There were as many senior citizens as there were kids.

We really have to give credit to the boys. They felt it was a bit tense and they made everyone feel comfortable. Ben, in particular, would greet every fan first, making him/her immediately at ease. He would even accommodate various requests and for the fans those memories will be treasured.

Kavanna was his usual gigly self. He laughed with me when i asked if he was watching the Black Eyed Peas concert this Tuesday. Doesn't this boy get tired? He doesn't do solos but it's those harmonies that he does that give Libera it's distinct sound, to me they are more difficult than doing a solo.

Luke, he grew up a lot in just a year and I was able congratulated him on his solo. Ralph, i asked if he did the solo on Holy Night that can be heard on the background. He thought for a moment, then laughed saying i honestly don't know anymore :lol:

I was able to sneak a thank you to Josh for coming back. And a simple token for his birthday. He would probably find out later i gave one to Ben too. (I was looking for a bigger one guys, but that's all they have in that huge but useless mall :lol: )

My little cousin who was brave enough to line up on his own, cause we were given separated numbers, is now bragging in our whole neighborhood that Liam and Tiarnan spoke to him. Thanks guys for making it memorable for him as well.
Although he's pissed when we got home and he found out that Ben wasn't able to sign his cd. :lol:
Last edited by Benj on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

I had to laugh when the host announced the second batch. When she announced Josh's name, the group of girls in front of me screamed. :wink:

Omg, I was walking around the area looking for the older guys to have them sign my CD, and Robert Prizeman walked right in front of me with the three guys in tow. I was so starstruck I froze! :lol:
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

Benj wrote:I was afraid the security would spoil it again. Yeah the worst that fans can do is tickle Josh to death :lol:
Still, better than no meet & greet at all. Contrary to some belief that Asian fans are mostly screaming young girls, this crowd had everyone from every walk of life. There were as many senior citizens as there were kids.
I know right? Sometimes security can get so paranoid. But come to think of it, better safe than sorry.
Benj wrote: We really have to give credit to the boys. They felt it was a bit tense and they made everyone feel comfortable. Ben, in particular, would greet every fan first, making him/her immediately at ease. He would even accommodate various requests and for the fans those memories will be treasured.
Ah! I remember Ben doing the same thing back in the M&G back in 2009, it's a really nice gesture for reals with some of the fellas. Kind of breaks the ice (am I using this wrong? :P).

Also I remember one flabbergasting moment back in the 2009 M&G, Daniel Fontannaz gamely reached out for a hand shake but I immediately declined because I told him I had sweaty palms!!! :lol: Was so ashamed with that, I don't function well with meeting people at times. :lol:
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
skittles

Post by skittles »

Lauren wrote:
skittles wrote:the one thing i'm a little upset about however, is the extreme security put on some of the boys. i understand that their safety is of extreme importance but, as an example, there was a security guard who stood in front of matthew m and josh(they were seated together) the whole time. quite literally, he took cds from the fans and held it out for the two to sign and gave it back on the other side.
I'm surprised by this. Wonder if there is a good reason that we don't know about. So was anyone able to get a pic of Josh and Matt together? That would be awesome! :D
oh yes, from the side, from afar, when the security guard was actually shifted slightly. tons will be going up soon i bet!
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Some pics, as promised:
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Wow, nice photos ! :D
Thank you Hannah :)
Bullehynka

Post by Bullehynka »

Thank you Hannah !! :D
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

You're welcome. Of course I regret not bringing a good camera. :lol:
Here's the link to the album if you want more pictures:
http://photobucket.com/hannah_kirstin_libera" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Awesome picture of Stefan, Hannah!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above