The Christmas Album CD (2011)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

natsumi

Re: The Christmas Album CD - DELAY IN RELEASE IN UK

Post by natsumi »

FanInPlymouth wrote:I received an email from amazon.com this morning (6th October) informing me that the release date has been put back to 21st November; the release date on their site is also listed as 21st. The email did not cite any reason. Amazon.com and Amazon.jp still list is as November 1st.
WHATT???? NOOOOOOO :(
i ordered it thru UK ( wen the preordering JUST started) and i thot UK would get it first....but instead USA and Japan and other countries are getting it early lol :P
awww y??? now im sad :( *sigh* o well...i at least get it closer to Christmas time :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

FanInPlymouth wrote:I received an email from amazon.com this morning (6th October) informing me that the release date has been put back to 21st November; the release date on their site is also listed as 21st. The email did not cite any reason. Amazon.com and Amazon.jp still list is as November 1st.
Just to clarify - do you mean Amazon.com (The American site) or Amazon.co.uk (the British site)?

Cheers.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

Yorkie wrote:Just to clarify - do you mean Amazon.com (The American site) or Amazon.co.uk (the British site)?
Sorry, that was a typo on my part (now corrected). The email was from Amazon.co.uk.

And the price has gone up too! When I ordered it a couple of weeks ago it was £11.72 and now it's listed at £12.74!

Perhaps as the release date is so close to the Southwark concert we should buy copies at the concert - at least Libera will make a few more quid. I'll email and ask if they are going to be selling any there.
dani
Diamond Member

Re: The Christmas Album CD

Post by dani »

That date makes a lot more sense as Octover seemed to early . They are bound to sell more copies in December than November .
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

FanInPlymouth wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Just to clarify - do you mean Amazon.com (The American site) or Amazon.co.uk (the British site)?
Sorry, that was a typo on my part (now corrected). The email was from Amazon.co.uk.

And the price has gone up too! When I ordered it a couple of weeks ago it was £11.72 and now it's listed at £12.74!

Perhaps as the release date is so close to the Southwark concert we should buy copies at the concert - at least Libera will make a few more quid. I'll email and ask if they are going to be selling any there.
No worries. I was already going to hold back to the concert in the hope they would be selling it there as I too would rather buy direct from Libera but be warned...... I asked if they would be selling Peace Deluxe ahead of the last years Autumn concerts and never got a reply - but they did sell them when the concerts came around and I hope it made some extra money for them.

Mercy & Love
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

That's good to know, because I am/was doubting when to buy the CD, considering I'm going to the concert in Londen. And I live in the Netherlands, so I don't know how fast delivery from Amazon.co.uk is to the Netherlands. Thought of buying it on the concert. But you don't know for sure if they will be selling it there??

Hmm, has anyone experience with delivering to the netherlands or anywhere else from amazon?? Is that fast? Or should I count on weeks? Months? ;) Hope someone can help me :D
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Ordering from Amazon to Netherlands wouldn't be an issue - I have had CD's sent to the US that arrived in 6 days (and the US postal system is generally terrible!). However, if you are in London on the Saturday after the concert (and Libera aren't selling the CD) you could easily nip along to the HMV store on Oxford street - they have a huge classical music department in the basement that had lots of Libera CD's last time I looked. I would be amazed if they didn't have the new CD on sale.

Mercy & Love
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

Yorkie wrote:Ordering from Amazon to Netherlands wouldn't be an issue - I have had CD's sent to the US that arrived in 6 days (and the US postal system is generally terrible!). However, if you are in London on the Saturday after the concert (and Libera aren't selling the CD) you could easily nip along to the HMV store on Oxford street - they have a huge classical music department in the basement that had lots of Libera CD's last time I looked. I would be amazed if they didn't have the new CD on sale.
Oh that's really quick :). Well the postal system of the Netherlands didn't get any better since the moneycuts and the depression from the economy with all its unemployements. But that's sounds good.

Oh that's a nice tip from you. It's called the HMV store?? And it's easy to find?? I'm a real geek in finding my way somewhere. :mrgreen:
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

LennesSL wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Ordering from Amazon to Netherlands wouldn't be an issue - I have had CD's sent to the US that arrived in 6 days (and the US postal system is generally terrible!). However, if you are in London on the Saturday after the concert (and Libera aren't selling the CD) you could easily nip along to the HMV store on Oxford street - they have a huge classical music department in the basement that had lots of Libera CD's last time I looked. I would be amazed if they didn't have the new CD on sale.
Oh that's really quick :). Well the postal system of the Netherlands didn't get any better since the moneycuts and the depression from the economy with all its unemployements. But that's sounds good.

Oh that's a nice tip from you. It's called the HMV store?? And it's easy to find?? I'm a real geek in finding my way somewhere. :mrgreen:
Very easy to find. It is a massive store.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Many changes today on the Amazon sites :)

I updated the table summarizing the information.

(Click on the image to go to the french forum where the CDs references are links)

Beware about the interesting dates said by Amazon.DE, my order was supposed to be sent today 6/10 but it wasn't, and I got no email at all.
I'm sure it's just an Amazon mess, not a real offer.
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Many changes today on the Amazon sites :)

I updated the table summarizing the information.

(Click on the image to go to the french forum where the CDs references are links)

Beware about the interesting dates said by Amazon.DE, my order was supposed to be sent today 6/10 but it wasn't, and I got no email at all.
I'm sure it's just an Amazon mess, not a real offer.

do you think that teh UK one was a mistake too? bcuz i was supposed to get mine on the 7th but now that they changed the dates for hte UK one...i have to wait for a loonnng time :(
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:
LennesSL wrote: Oh that's really quick :). Well the postal system of the Netherlands didn't get any better since the moneycuts and the depression from the economy with all its unemployements. But that's sounds good.

Very easy to find. It is a massive store.
As dani said, you can't miss it

HMV

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

For Dutch fans there is also always bol.com

However I'm still confused about what they're offering. There's two versions but no album cover, one is more expensive and has a release date of Nov 11, the cheaper one has a release date of Oct 21. One would guess the pricier one is the Deluxe version but it's still vague with not much details to go on.

I am reluctant to post a pre-order though as the last time I did that, with Peace Deluxe, by the time it was supposed to be released I never got any notification whatsoever, so I ended up getting my copy through a different channel (actually eBay where someone offered the Japanese version which I liked because of the different cover ;))
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

Hey guys. Check this article out :). It also mention something related to your posts about the CD.

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news ... tmas_No_1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

sweetangel16 wrote:Hey guys. Check this article out :). It also mention something related to your posts about the CD.

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news ... tmas_No_1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

o wow!!! I love the article!!! it gave us a lil sneak peak of their eciting recording session :DDDDD