Right Now

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Murkskis

Re: Right Now

Post by Murkskis »

Rebecca (: wrote:Didn't quite know where to share this, but today my dad an I were out at lunch, and sitting at the table next to us was none other than Sean Groombridge, Libera's North American tour organizer and organist! We talked to him a bit, but it was such a coincidence that we'd see him! :lol:
The world is getting so small :)
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Rebecca (: wrote:Didn't quite know where to share this, but today my dad an I were out at lunch, and sitting at the table next to us was none other than Sean Groombridge, Libera's North American tour organizer and organist! We talked to him a bit, but it was such a coincidence that we'd see him! :lol:
That's really cool!
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

I am extremely sore today from a barefoot water ski race I was in yesterday. We had a team of 5, and we had to go 38 miles barefoot waterskiing. Unfortunately I didn't have a good race and I probably only did 5-6 miles myself (last year I estimate I did 10-11 miles), but the bottoms of my feet are sore. Also (this is going to sound wierd) my butt is a little sore because they way we start is we drag on our butt until we get up to ~40mph and then stand up. So it pains me to sit and to stand haha.

But to help with that, I have been cleaning the house most of the evening and listening to Libera :)
Tim
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

Wow :shock: you're brave! Hope your feet...and butt...get better quickly :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Malibu wrote:I am extremely sore today from a barefoot water ski race I was in yesterday. We had a team of 5, and we had to go 38 miles barefoot waterskiing. Unfortunately I didn't have a good race and I probably only did 5-6 miles myself (last year I estimate I did 10-11 miles), but the bottoms of my feet are sore. Also (this is going to sound wierd) my butt is a little sore because they way we start is we drag on our butt until we get up to ~40mph and then stand up. So it pains me to sit and to stand haha.

But to help with that, I have been cleaning the house most of the evening and listening to Libera :)
Tim
I'm trying to visualise this in my mind :shock: Still, look on the bright side, both your feet and your butt will be squeaky clean after being blasted with water for 6 miles :lol:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:I'm trying to visualise this in my mind :shock: Still, look on the bright side, both your feet and your butt will be squeaky clean after being blasted with water for 6 miles :lol:

I think I could use some of that treatment on my feet, as they get quite dry and sore from 5 miles of walking each day to and from work.

Ether that of a fish pedicure.

Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

To give you an idea of what we do, here is a video showing the start to barefoot waterskiing. This video shows a person on a boom (the metal pole which is a good tool to learn with). During the race, we were about 90 feet behind the boat in rough water so you can imagine why it hurts after a while lol. I did probably 10-12 of these starts during the race.

[youtube][/youtube]
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Malibu wrote:To give you an idea of what we do, here is a video showing the start to barefoot waterskiing. This video shows a person on a boom (the metal pole which is a good tool to learn with). During the race, we were about 90 feet behind the boat in rough water so you can imagine why it hurts after a while lol. I did probably 10-12 of these starts during the race.
wow, that's quite refreshing :D
I think it might hurt a bit if it pulls you over- I mean when you fall forward. Maybe I'm wrong but this is what happened when I tried to learn water-skiing :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Looking forward to choir practice again tomorrow, the first time since all the choirs took a break for summer! :D
And - I am on a mission to get my choir director and other choir members convinced that we should add this hymn to our repertoire :D

[youtube][/youtube]
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Szepilona wrote:I turned my first job application in yesterday! I can start working (if I get it) as soon as I turn 16 :D Then I can save up for a trip to Hungary to visit my sister! (and maybe a quick stop in London too... :wink: )
I'm going in for an interview tomorrow!!! :D I am so nervous!!!!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Good luck Szepilona! Maybe listen to some Libera before you go, to get you in a positive mood ;)
Just be yourself, trust that you can bring something valuable to the table 8)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

maartendas wrote:Good luck Szepilona! Maybe listen to some Libera before you go, to get you in a positive mood ;)
Just be yourself, trust that you can bring something valuable to the table 8)
Thanks! :)
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

I GOT THE JOB!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Szepilona wrote:I GOT THE JOB!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Well done, the drinks are on you :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Szepilona wrote:I GOT THE JOB!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Congratulations! That's fantastic news :D