Can anyone recommed?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

danieb88
Silver Member

Can anyone recommed?

Post by danieb88 »

hello everyone, Im a relatively new fan of Libera and therefore havn't got many of their songs yet (I buy them off itunes seperately rather than getting the full album - poor student!) and I was wandering if anyone could recommend any songs they think i might like?
The sorts of songs i like a the ones with latin in and a powerful chorus (eg I am the Day, Sanctus, Libera, Salva me, Far Away) Im not really into the slower songs such as Do not Stand, Secret, Love and Mercy - although I do recognise that these songs are amazing!
Can anyone help? Danie :D
Candid
Silver Member

Post by Candid »

Have you heard Adoramus, sempiterna, and dies irae those are some upbeat songs, I'm poor too so I listen to the songs for free on Imeem.com registration is free too.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Ahh... You want Wings of a Dove!! One of my all time favorites!! Very powerful song, and slightly chilling at times too... The notes these boy's can hit! :D Another one, you might already have it though, is Sempiterna. It starts out slow but builds up to a very powerful chorus!! Ave Verum, Stay With Me, Adoramus and Voca Me are also all fairly exciting songs.... Do you have Sancte from New Dawn?? Liam does a positively wonderful job on it, hitting all of those notes that normal, slightly less angelic people with a slight lack of talent in the art of singing can only dream of :D Well, that's all I can think of right now... but there are more :D
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Oh, how about Vespera?? I don't know if it's on iTune's though....
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Named the album too, would be easyer to search :

Luminosa - Sacris Salemnis
Visions - Prayer
Free - Ave Verum, Twilight is stealing
New Dawn - Gloria
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Oooh definitely Sancte from New Dawn!
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

libera36 wrote:Do you have Sancte from New Dawn?? Liam does a positively wonderful job on it, hitting all of those notes that normal, slightly less angelic people with a slight lack of talent in the art of singing can only dream of :D Well, that's all I can think of right now... but there are more :D
:lol: well said !!

I would also like to recommend 'In Paradisum' from New Dawn.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Jude Andrew wrote:
libera36 wrote:Do you have Sancte from New Dawn?? Liam does a positively wonderful job on it, hitting all of those notes that normal, slightly less angelic people with a slight lack of talent in the art of singing can only dream of :D Well, that's all I can think of right now... but there are more :D
I felt it necessary to come up with a term that really describes me.... And that sentence basically sums it up :D
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Thanks everyone thats been really helpful! I particularly like Vespera and Sempiterna from that list! I already had Sancte - and absolutely loved it!
if anyone thinks of anymore please let me know!
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Hi, a friend of mine who doesn't like slow songs absolutely love Adoramus when I recommend it to her. I haven't really heard the earlier albums by Libera, and I'm quite a new fan to Libera as well, (having listening to their songs for a little over a year). I have Free, Visions, Libera In Concert Dvd and New Dawn, and I must tell you, New Dawn's definitely my favourite among all the albums. You might like Voca me from Free, Something sings from Visions, Going home, Far Away (The Angel Voices album, those you can find the videos from youtube is my favourite version, solo sang by Michael.), Lacrymosa from Libera in concert (if you like music that sounds mysterious, however a little slow), Orinoco flow, Gloria, Sancte Never be alone from New Dawn! Enjoy all the songs, I bet you'll really love them!
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Ahh... yes, how could I have forgotten Orinoco Flow?? Its great! The way all the chords mix, is just beautiful....
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Thanks everyone!
I got New Dawn the other day so I now have all of those songs which is great! Adoramus is also a very good one!
Danie :D
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

"You were there" - watta coooool song & video!! :roll: :roll:

Love "Libera" & "Sing forever" from early albums... and "Orinoco Flow" and "Salva me" from new albums 8) 8)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink: