What is your favourite version of Sanctus?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

What is your favourite version of Sanctus?

Sanctus (Libera)
10%
Sanctus II (Luminosa)
14%
Locus Iste (Visions)
38%
Sanctus (Angel Voices)
19%
Sanctus (Angel Voices: Libera in Concert)
19%

Total votes: 21

libera36

Post by libera36 »

Hmmm..... my favorites are probably going to be Sanctus II and Locus Iste! Sanctus II was one of the first Libera songs I ever heard, and I love it!! Locus Iste has such a refreshing start that it is hard not to like it :D
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I think I may have a new favorite version of Sanctus. It would be from the performance in the Concert of Hope. That version, even though the sound quality is poor do to being outside, seems like a great combination of Sanctus and Locus Iste with the best of both. I like very much the new parts RP added for the new boys to sing. You can see Kavana and a boy whose name I don't know singing these parts during a close up on them during the last time through the chorus.
The boy standing with Kavana looks remarkably like my nephew too.

Everytime I watch this vid, I feel sorry for all the boys as you can see it in their faces how hard it was to sing with the wind blowing like that. As a former performer, I know how hard it is to perform outside.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

The new vocalizations really work in that one--when they gave it at Leiden, the first entrance on the original Pachelbel theme in the voices was really spine-chilling...I heard it on the CD before seeing it, so that was a complete surprise, hearing the two voices instead of instrumentals. I think this really, really worked.

...and it was a shame about the weather that day. Kudos to the boys for making it through that while staying up to their usual standard--they were really struggling against the elements (oh, and performing for the Pope? No pressure ;)). His Holiness is actually a connoisseur of music himself (he's German, after all!) and most likely loved the performance.
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

well done for coming up with this poll - even though its really difficult!
i chose sanctus (angel voices) mostly because its the first libera song i heard (and loved!). I do really like sanctus II though as my favourite bit of sanctus is the "sanctus dominis deus sabbaoth..."
i also like the live version because i like tom and eds intro!
basically they should do a mix of all of them! :lol:
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Post by illuminaperpetua »

SANCTUS II!!!!!! - why? BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST THAT'S WHY! 8)
Also, it was the first version I heard and really liked the basses...BASSES ROCK!!!!!
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!