Songs That Make You Cry?

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

Sorry for all Josh Groban fans ;).

This clip moved me to tears. And not because of Josh (Not at all). But because of the choir. Everytime they start to sing I get shivers down my spine.

And the song itself. I sung it for my mother, when she gave a party (for all the people who stood by us, through the proces) because she was cured (don't know how you write that) from cancer. After a long and hard battle..

[youtube][/youtube]
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
labbie

Post by labbie »

The song "Tears of an Angel" was recorded by Canadian twin brothers, Ryan and Dan Kowarsky (known as RyanDan), as a tribute to their young niece, Tal, who died tragically at the age of four as a result of a brain tumour. It is an emotional and beautiful song which was no doubt recorded with heartfelt emotion by these talented brothers.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

labbie wrote:The song "Tears of an Angel" was recorded by Canadian twin brothers, Ryan and Dan Kowarsky (known as RyanDan), as a tribute to their young niece, Tal, who died tragically at the age of four as a result of a brain tumour. It is an emotional and beautiful song which was no doubt recorded with heartfelt emotion by these talented brothers.
I think I found it- wonderful song 8)
[youtube][/youtube]
labbie

Post by labbie »

Celine Dion has also recorded a song that affected her personally. Although she did not write the song "Vole" ("Fly") from her CD "D'eux", it was dedicated to the memory of her sixteen year-old niece, Karine, who had died of cystic fibrosis. The English version, "Fly" was included on the CD "Falling Into You". I'm sorry that I'm not sure how to put a YouTube link in here, but it can easily be found on YouTube in the French or English version. I cannot listen to it without becoming very emotional myself.
Malibu
Silver Member

Re:

Post by Malibu »

TullyBascombe wrote:Do you know the story behind "Tears in Heaven"? It's one of the saddest songs ever written.
Guitar legend Eric Clapton was on a tour. His family was staying in a hotel, in a suite on the 53rd floor. It was a warm day and one of the windows was open. He turned his back on the boy, for some reason the chid crawled up on the window sill and fell off. Tears in Heaven is Eric Clapton's tribute to his very young son.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/JxPj3GAYYZ0?rel=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That is a beautiful song. How have I never heard of it before?

Paul,
The Choir Boys version is beautiful as well.
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
kay
Silver Member

Re: Songs That Make You Cry?

Post by kay »

Elvis singing How Great Thou Art during his last tour, a man singing how he felt about His God and singing his way back home to his own Heaven. Ill, sick whatever you want to say about the man (and I've been an Elvis writer an comentator for around forty five years) the power he gave in that song was truly wodnerful and sincere
I Listen To the Music Of Angels