Canada Concerts - April 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

very nice report
http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/2011/04" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ncert.html
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

worshipper28 wrote:very nice report
http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/2011/04" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ncert.html
Yes, I enjoyed reading Lexi's report from the concerts and of course the pictures showing how happy the boys were at the end.

Another nice report here... (you will need to bare with the 15sec advert at the beginning of the clip)

http://swo.ctv.ca/?video=455337" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(can't make out the hymn at the start)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
worshipper28 wrote:very nice report
Yes, I enjoyed reading Lexi's report from the concerts and of course the pictures showing how happy the boys were at the end.

Another nice report here... (you will need to bare with the 15sec advert at the beginning of the clip)

Thanks Jimmy for the link. A really nice report. They also interviewed Ralph, Kavana and Freddie :).

Charmaine
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Thanks, Jimmy. It would have been very nice to attend that mass at Guelph. Lucky parishioners!
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Well, since no one has posted about Guelph yet, I'll quickly let you know that it was brilliant. Stunningly beautiful church with the sun shining through the stained glass windows. Libera sang at the 11:00 am Easter church service. There were over 1200 people there cause there were many who had to stand in the back. Libera and the church choir (which included some recruited Libera adults) ended the service by singing the Hallelujah Chorus from the organ balcony. The crowd was standing during the song and applauded when they were done! Wonderful moment to see and hear.

Fabulous final concert with I'm guessing 900-1000 people. The boys did a great job, and from the looks on their faces, I think they know it. Great job x 7 really. Canada (plus a lot of us foreigners) really love them, and they made a lot of new fans as well. :D If they didn't have to go back to school, I'd say they could just take off on a world tour now.

Next thing on my wish list is a "Song of Life" video. :D

Lauren
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

There's a news about the Guelph concert here
http://www.guelphmercury.com/news/artic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... h-audience

Thank Inna btw. She found the link 1st ;).

Charmaine
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

It's four hours since the final concert and a 200 mile drive home. Now Libera withdrawal is starting to set in.

As already mentioned in this forum, this was a great concert. The boys can be very proud of themselves. They gave super performances. While I thought I heard a few struggles for notes at the previous concert I attended, the boys were really strong last night. I was so happy for them.

There just seemed to be a special effort being put forth for this the last concert of the tour. You could see it in the expressions of the boys as they sang. If I had to pick a couple favorite segments of the concert, they would be the "Exsultate" at the end of the first half of the program (and for the encore) and "Mysterium" at the beginning of the second. "Exsultate" is one of my favorites anyway, and it was so exuberant last night. Sean Groombridge's playing of the introduction of "Mysterium" on the beautiful Casavant organ at the rear of the church and the special lighting effects were just magnificent.

There was a bit of unplanned comic relief near the end of the program when Liam was talking about the older boys singing the lower parts. He got a couple words twisted and then did such a great job of correcting and turning the whole thing into a bit of humor. He showed an amazing amount of maturity for a 15 year old.

I need to relate one last experience we had last night. There was a lady sitting next to my wife and me who had never heard Libera before. She was so impressed, that she was ready to run right out and buy a CD. I guess most of us have had her experience at one time or another. It was great to share such a moment with someone else.

And now I wish Libera a safe and pleasant trip home. Thanks for a couple great weeks of concerts.
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

Thank you Fan de Lok I have read everything on the French forum with google translation till this one
Re: Spring Tour - Canada - April 2011/ Today at 05:46 by fan_de_LoK .For the concert tonight: large crowd, more than expected, perhaps 900 people or more very nice concert, acclaimed in a beautiful setting which concluded with a flourish this Canadian tour

Forgive me make it short but I'm dead tired tomorrow and return flight, I still have the bag again, etc. I do not dwell .
kay
Silver Member

BruceH review

Post by kay »

Thanks for this. I too wish the boys and staff a safe return home, for a well deserved rest before School (for the boys) begins again.
As for the lady and her CD I think she'll not only enjoy but treasure it after seeing them live.
thanks again for the report.
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

I hope everybody who has joined a Libera concert had a WONDERFUL GREAT time.. :).. I enjoyed reading all the reviews eventhough I'm still waiting for some ;).. Next time I hope, I will be there again. Since Epsom I'm hooked!! And want to see them again LIVE !!!

Everybody have a save journey home, Libera too. They must be exhausted..
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

LennesSL wrote:Next time I hope, I will be there again. Since Epsom I'm hooked!! And want to see them again LIVE !!!
You should also follow them to the Philippines next time. :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thank you all for the nice reports! So good to hear it was all such a success :)

What makes me most happy is that the boys clearly realise how great and special their performances have been.

Lauren - what do you mean with "recruited Libera adults"?

Ditto on the Song of Life video wish :)
JimmyRiddle wrote:

Thank you Jimmy!

I *think* they sing "This Joyful Eastertide" which my choir also sang on Easter Vigil (and is based on a Dutch melody ;))

--edit: after listening to it a few more times I don't think it's that. Maybe someone who was there can clarify?
I love the shot at 1:48 btw - looks like the boys and the churchgoers are just standing together having a good time. Looks really special!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

maartendas wrote:Lauren - what do you mean with "recruited Libera adults"?
The church choir was joined on the balcony by the Libera Boys for the final Hallelujah from the Messia (Haendel), but also joined Andy Winter, Big Ben, and maybe others used to sing as adults in the St Philip Choir :) (the balcony was so crowed it was difficult to see everyone)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
maartendas wrote:Lauren - what do you mean with "recruited Libera adults"?
The church choir was joined on the balcony by the Libera Boys for the final Hallelujah from the Messia (Haendel), but also joined Andy Winter, Big Ben, and maybe others used to sing as adults in the St Philip Choir :) (the balcony was so crowed it was difficult to see everyone)
To use the term for once in my life - OMG! :P
Singing THAT song with THOSE boys and older St. P's members - and on Easter too! :shock: Stuff straight from heaven... So, who else was there? Please share :) I'm so glad for the people in Guelph, they must have felt so lucky :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

My review! I'm at the Toronto airport, with a delayed flight, so i figured I'd post it. Hope I didn't forget anything!

Hi all,
I'm in the Toronto airport, after seeing Libera in Hamilton. As some of you might've seen I was going pretty crazy before, during, and after the concert, and I'm pretty much still like that now. We, my aunt, uncle, and their exchange student Marielly from Brazil, and I, arrived at the church much later than planned, at about 6:45. I jumped out of the car and skipped/twirled/ran to the end of the huge line outside. On my way down I ran into a few A/V and forum members, as well as some new fans, many of whom said "wow! Look! You can get Libera sweatshirts!" Ah, nope, but you can make them, haha. We ran into a bunch of people my aunt and uncle knew in line, from various choirs, school, etc. After about 10 minutes of dieing (or waiting, as everyone else would call it) my uncle and I went to see if premium ticket holders could go in early. It was a yes! I ran back down to get my aunt and Marielly and we all went inside. I bought a program from Lexi who was helping to sell them, then proceded inside the main area. The man at the door brought us to the first few rows and said we could sit anywhere there. I saw some decent spots 3 rows back on the left side and started to walk over there. Passing the front row I saw many fans I knew, and was then offered a seat! I couldn't believe it! thank you so much to all of ya'll who helped me get that seat, it was perfect. The other 3 members of my group ended up sitting in the spots I'd originaly seen. I had a nice time chatting with the people around me (Heather and her mom, Tom, Paul, Patrick, etc.), I just hope I didn't annoy ya'll too much! Anyways, shortly after that the concert began. As the first few boys walked out on stage I started shaking even harder than before, doing anything I could with my hands to not accidentaly smack my neighbors in the face from excietment. They began the Jubliate/Libera chain and I just sat there with this huge cheesy grin on my face, that didn't leave the whole time! I was able to make eye contact with several of the boys - Daniel and Matthew Jansen in particular. I also noticed some of them eyeing my I love Libera hoodie and cowboy boots as the lights turned on. All of the songs were phenomonal, and all the soloists were perfect! I sat through the first half, mesmorized, just staring at the boys. When it was half time, or the interval as they say, I got up to chat with the fans some more, and went to walk around. On my way to get some water I accidentaly walked into Callum, who was walking very fast towards the way I had just come. It was kind of funny actually, because I was like "Oh! Sorry! My goodness, I'm so sorry!" and he responded with "It's fine." then walked away. I also got to exhange a few words with Big Ben, thanking him for the concert, etc. When the second half started I was just as bad as I was before!