TullyBascombe wrote:
“They would be like a young Justin Bieber"
Of course that's absurd, utter rubbish.

They're taller than Justin Bieber.
:lol: You have a fair point!
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Sounds like the Kitchener concert went real well :)

I've heard they are selling programs for $5, right? If so, does anyone know if they take US dollars? :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

No, programs are available for 2$ CAD ;)

and yes, Kitchener concert went really well :D
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Kitchener was an unbelievable event tonight, the sound quality was just outstanding. It was difficult to release that the boys where singing into microphones, it was as if we where hearing the sound directly.
I was blown away once again by the concert so will be unable to report on all details of the concert, but I will try my best to write about the parts that I am able remember :) If i get any of the detail wrong, I hope someone will correct me on this ;)

Jubilate:

The show kicked of with Jubilate, duet sung by James and Freddy. They done a wonderful job which I found very touching.

Stefan done the solo on Libera, which he performed very well, he followed up with a solo on Eternal light.

Sanctissima and Sanctus where sung beautifully

Freddy sung the solo on always with you, with Jakob singing the higher parts, there performance was amazing :)

James once again performed a solo on Love and mercy, his voice is just perfect for the part.

Salva was next with Matthew doing the solo. A flawless part from him.

Lamentione was next, again a flawless performance from all.

Exultate was next with all the energy that makes it a great song. They had room on the stage tonight to perform the step.

After the interval, they started with one of my favorite, Mysterium.

Ralph and Stefan got the solo parts, they both done very well, it was a great performance by all.

Gloria followed.

Ralph's next solo was on Fountain, his voice was so smoove and gentle, just beautiful. He done a great job, flawless.

Ralph's handling the workload effortlessly as he also done the solo on "When a knight" again an effortless performance that he sung amazingly

Daniel done a solo on Stay with me, his voice is incredibly smoove and pure.

Ave Verum was next, which was another good performance.

Ralph performed the solo on Song of life, yet again an amazing job and considering his massive workload.

I think my favorite of the night has to be Going home. James Mordaunts solo was so touching, it brought a lump to my throat and almost a tear to my eye, he

sung his part with such sincerity, I can see him getting many many more solo's in the future. I would say he was the star of the show tonight. The other

part of going home was sung by Daniel.

Overall Libera done a fine job tonight, I think the best in the tour so far. They should be very proud of there achievements. If only they had a signing

session, I would love to congratulate each and every boy on there performances. After speaking to some locals in the audience tonight, it is clear they have

won over many more people here in Canada, although its only 4 concerts in I would say its been a successful tour so far.

We had the usual speeches and comedy that we come to expect from Libera, which has the audience and myself laughing.

And the moose, well I just had to buy myself a moose as Kavana and Cassius have been so funny.

Last edited by paul on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Oh, ok, thanks Patrick! Someone else I asked said 5, and I was thinking that was quite a bit! (though I would be willing to pay it!)

Just read your mini review on the French forum, and it sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! I would've loved to hear the sound in there!
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Thanks so much for your thoughts on the concert, Paul! I'm getting even more excited after reading what everyone has said! Glad you were able to buy yourself a moose! It looks cute :D

Don't think I can wait another 2/3 days to leave... I want to get on the next flight up to Ontario!
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

labbie wrote:There was no meet and greet or autograph session - which was to be expected given Libera's busy schedule (three concerts in a row). In my opinion, it would not have been fair to expect them to sit up late with the schedule as it is. As far as photos are concerned, I myself didn't take any - I was with a colleague from work, and I don't recall any cameras being used during the ovations after the show. Perhaps there were, but I was too busy applauding to notice. It truly was a lovely concert. These boys always give their best.
Aww. No meet and greet again :(? How sad. But anyways, I'm glad you guys got a great time there and the concert was another huge success :).

Charmaine
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So Daniel did not do Stay with me last night?

Also its " Stefan" not Stephan.

Jacob done a solo on Stay with me, his voice is incredibly smoove and pure, I'm surprised he don't get more solo's Matthew was doing the high parts.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote:So Daniel did not do Stay with me last night?

Also its " Stefan" not Stephan.

Jacob done a solo on Stay with me, his voice is incredibly smoove and pure, I'm surprised he don't get more solo's Matthew was doing the high parts.
Yep your probably right but I done this from memory at 2am so yep probably a couple of mistakes I need to rectify, but thanks for pointing that out ;)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

paul30003 wrote:Kitchener was an unbelievable event tonight, the sound quality was just outstanding.
The Kitchener concert was undoubtedly the best yet. Perhaps I’m biased because it was nice to get the seat I had paid for (and/or queued for) rather than to find that Church members had reserved all the best seats for themselves as has happened at other venues.

A church setting can sometimes add to the atmosphere (I’m thinking of Beverley, Chester, Arundel and St. Louis) and if the accoustics are right, also to the sound, but nothing beats the sound of a good concert hall. I wish Libera would consider doing more of their concerts in such venues.

John
kay
Silver Member

Kitchener

Post by kay »

Thank you for a great report. I can understand any mistakes at that time in the morning and am just truly grateful you took the troubel Paul to write it.
Robert has a good selection of Soloists again hasn't he?
As for 'meet and greet' we all have to remember these are kids and need their sleep (I knwo I did at their age!)
Thanks again Paul, made me feel I was gthere not away across the ocean.
Deep Peace To All
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

Thanks all for going through the trouble to provide concert reviews! That's great!

It seems like much is being said about Mini-James' and Freddie's solo work (all positive, of course!) and I really, really hope that both of them get more solos on any upcoming albums (whenever that may be, hopefully within the next year or two).

I'm glad to hear that Stefan is able to still sing his solos! And of course I'm glad that Ralph's doing so well too, with his heavy workload, and that Daniel's still able to sing his solos as well.

Does anyone know if "Song of Life" will become available in the US or is it only available on the Japanese album that recently came out?
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

Its so nice to read all the reviews. I'm enjoying everything from my seat in the Netherlands. Allthough I'd ratter be in Canada right now. Offcourse.

I hope I'll get my chance to see the boys from this group (read: STEFAN!! Ralph, Jakob, Daniel, mini-James, Freddie ) shining again on stage.

And I would love to hear Cassius on a solo. I'm curious how he sounds. From reading all the reviews he's hilariious..

Have fun on all the concert.
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Some people here seems to pleasure themselfs talking always about negative things... :?

if having a cough is to be sick, then half of the public yesterday is sick, including myself :lol:

Thanks for the diagnose Mrs House ;)
Just one more thing about this - to mention (possible) sore throats, is not at all a manner of negative thinking, it is merely out of concern for their well-being and the success of their performance. We all want the best for both Libera and those lucky people in the audience. So, out of concern we might worry - and be extra glad when we hear reports such as yours. Which I read with great pleasure :)

You're right, sore throats do not indicate sickness but for a singer it can be a real bummer and get in the way of being able to perform the way they normally would. If I have a sore throat I can still go to work - if a singer has a sore throat they could be impaired from doing their job. Not saying they can't sing at all anymore, but maybe not up to par.

And not only have there been reports of boys coughing or dealing with throat problems, there have also been numerous reports, including the one on Libera's blog, about cold, rain and snow - which makes the chance of sore throats more realistic.
It's not just us fans who think about this. A week or so before Epsom, when we were corresponding about the article I would write, Robert Prizeman wrote this in an e-mail to me, :

"Thanks for best wishes. In this season of colds and flu...... it is always a great worry!"

As a fan, I simply worry with him, out of concern for both the boys' health and their music. That's all.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above