Canada Concerts - April 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Just sneaked away from the beer garden and logged on in an internet cafe to get my fix (and the keyboard is set out all set out all wrong :?

Glad to hear that everything is going well and that Stefan is BACK

I said it just might have been a cold or somethin g but nobody ever listens to me
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:So I like mystery's and it's Friday night, and I'm bored! So I compared all the photos and this is what I came up with!

I'm pretty sure that the boy behind Freddie is Dylan. This is comparison of two known photos of Dylan, and the unknown pictures... It looks like he has grow out his hair, and gotten older. ;)

The last picture looks like a different boy. The first 3 photos match tho.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

I listen to you Yorkie. Some people are just quick to say voice break as if there was ever a soloist who sang most solos one year and then sang no solos the next year... :)
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Ok, now my review for the concert in London CD

It seems that the not realy from joy overboarding renews about the concert in Toronto was also been read by Libera and that they gave to them a painful experience. :?

But this is Snow from yesterday and my impression from today's concert can be summarized very quickly: Woouw! An absolutely perfect show and for me personally the best concert I've ever seen by Libera.

The solos, the choreography, the music, the lighting .... it was simply perfect. Even the boys looked fresh and radiant, fully focused and everyone gave his best. Ralph 'played' with his voice that it was a pleasure; Stefan brought his solos as we know it from him; the Going Home from Mini-James was so good that even the boys of Libera patted him on the shoulder; the Always with you presented by Freddie and accompanied by Jacob in the high parts, absolutely unique, and my favorite of this evening (goosebump factor 10 on a scale of 1 - 6): The Fountain by Ralph and Kavana and in the background very, very soft - more a breath - the support by Daniel. There are no words for this.

That not only I did feel this was visible by the nearly non ending standing ovation.

But now, I have the jitters. Is it possible to maintain or even increase such a performance? Well, I look foreward to next Sunday. :D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

viabuona wrote:It seems that the not realy from joy overboarding renews about the concert in Toronto was also been read by Libera and that they gave to them a painful experience. :?
Not sure I understand this. Are you saying that Libera have informed you they have read some of the reviews about their first concert and were galvanised into performing a much better set last night?

Anyway thanks for the report, it's good to know they are finely tuned again. I guess first concerts are always going to be a bit rusty. Jetlag, tiredness, new country etc...

I done condone those taking pictures not at all. However what person on this forum who 'has not' been to these concerts doesn't take joy in viewing the most recent pictures from the latest crop of white robed boys?

Anyone who says they dont, is either not a libera fan or is telling porkies.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

Nicki wrote:
Thanks for the info; Libera themselves didn't mention anything about this, but during the intermission a man came up onstage to thank some "special guests" (which included World Vision and some representatives of EMI), and he said that towards the back of the church near the exit there was information about children you could sponsor. I had a look at the end and there were cards with pictures of children in need, and there were a fair amount of people back there signing up, which is great.
Thanks Nicki! good to hear that the cause was mentioned during the intermission :D I quoted you on my blog. Hope you don't mind!
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bob

Post by Bob »

viabuona wrote:(......) Is it possible to maintain or even increase such a performance? Well, I look foreward to next Sunday. :D
I think it's not possible to increase! The London CD Concert must have been great. Thank you for your report @viabouna

SERVUS Bob
you need your whole life to stay young
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

Here's a London concert review last night. Wish it was written by me but I'm currently rotting in Massachusetts instead of rocking in Ontario, Canada.

http://dearmadine.blogspot.com/2011/04/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ncert.html
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Thanks for the review!!! I enjoyed reading it.......I knew Daniel would be Awesome as usual........sad to hear about Stefan........
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

Please let stefan just be sick...

I want to see him in a concert again. I'm not ready to see him leave or don't hear his wonderfull high voice live again. :(..

Thanks for the reviews anyways :)
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

symphonica7 wrote:.....sad to hear about Stefan........
I don't know what to are talking about :?

Stefan is perfectly fine and his songs yesterday were just gorgeous and his voice was splendid :D
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

symphonica7 wrote:........sad to hear about Stefan........
Don't understand this, what is sad?
Stefan was really great in London CD. :shock:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:

Stefan is perfectly fine and his songs yesterday were just gorgeous and his voice was splendid :D
Good to know. Still confused by why his work load has been slashed as he is arguably the best soloist in Libera.

I read a review somewhere saying Matthew RA was weak on Salva which begs the question why is Stefan still not doing it when he is so good on it.
Last edited by dani on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
viabuona wrote:It seems that the not realy from joy overboarding renews about the concert in Toronto was also been read by Libera and that they gave to them a painful experience. :?
Not sure I understand this. Are you saying that Libera have informed you they have read some of the reviews about their first concert and were galvanised into performing a much better set last night?
Since the message was delivered in English and unlike viabuona I am a native speaker, let me clarify. We received word that certain boys in the group were crushed by the specific negative criticism levelled at them on a blog. It was asked that we pass the word to our friends in cyberspace to consider carefully that the words you publish or write are read by some members of the group. When criticism is levelled about the quality of the singing, particuarly when an individual boy(s) is/are called out by name you can figure that it will get back to the boys in question and will be hurtful to them. It was in that case.

It's an open question whether it resulted in an improved performance in London. I attribute a good night's sleep (for the boys anyway), minimal sound issues and most importantly the ability to follow their routine without interruption as the biggest factors. There is no way to understate the chaos caused by having the pre-concert routine interrupted by a mass being conducted a few hours before showtime. I believe it didn't allow for proper pre-concert sound coordination and it absolutely delayed the entrance of the crowd into the cathedral creating seating issues which were holding up the start of the show. In my opinion, it took until Sanctus on Thursday night before the boys appeared comfortable. On Friday they hit the ground running right from the get go and never let up all night long.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:

don't understand this, what is sad?
Stefan was really great in London CD. :shock:
The poster read the " Madine Blog" and it says he thought Stefan was not up to par and he expected a more powerful voice off him. Thats what the original poster was talking about ;)