Canada Concerts - April 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
LennesSL wrote:Does anybody knows how stefan is doing ?
Stefan seems OK, he have retreived his solo on Eternal Light, and he is back on Mysterium in duet with Ralph :)

You should read the french forum, I have posted many things about yesterday concert :)

http://translate.google.com/translate?s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... avril-2011
Thanks Patrick but odd he has not got Salva back and his work load is a lot less than November. But its good to know his voice is ok and we may get another few solo's out of him yet :D

Was there no meet and greet due to the concert being an hour delayed?
libera36

Post by libera36 »

dani wrote:Was there no meet and greet due to the concert being an hour delayed?
Terry on the AV List said that there was a meet and greet for some EMI people and other corporate sponsors, but perhaps after the other concerts there will be a meet and greet for the public!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:
dani wrote:Was there no meet and greet due to the concert being an hour delayed?
Terry on the AV List said that there was a meet and greet for some EMI people and other corporate sponsors, but perhaps after the other concerts there will be a meet and greet for the public!
Thanks for the update :)
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
Stefan seems OK, he have retreived his solo on Eternal Light, and he is back on Mysterium in duet with Ralph :)

You should read the french forum, I have posted many things about yesterday concert :)

http://translate.google.com/translate?s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... avril-2011
Thanks for your extensive reviews, FDL and Viabuona!

Glad to hear that Stefan's voice is OK.
Funny to read about the moose and about RP deciding between piano and synthesizer :lol:
Audience of 700 people- sounds pretty good! Full house-even better! :D
No M&G, that's reasonable because of the late our (concerning 'their' time), but why there was no photo session :( ?
How about acoustics?
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:

Thanks Patrick but odd he has not got Salva back and his work load is a lot less than November. But its good to know his voice is ok and we may get another few solo's out of him yet :D

Was there no meet and greet due to the concert being an hour delayed?

I beleve there was no meet and greet planned :(
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Here my small review of the concert in Toronto:

First of all: Stefan is back and he did a good job. Josh and Sam are not present and also Tom didn't come over (at least I didn't see him.

The concert corresponded to the one at Epsom and also the boys was the same one.
However, not everything went so smoothly, as I expected. First there were technical problems with the sound (the light was working fine). Somehow they had problems with the wiring, So sometimes the singers were not really heard from the speakers and during the concert I could here now and then clicks and other sounds.

I had also the impression that there was no previos practice by the strings because there was some wrong notes and also incorrect assignments. Special between Mysterium and Gloria, there was a gap so that some people started to clap.

But this is what can happens on a live Show and this special for the first one on the Tour.

At 20:00 clock, delayed for half an hour, the boys appeared in the sold-out church (around 700 - 800 peoples). And they gave their best. But they suffered from the jetlag. For them it was not 20:00 clock but 25:00 clock and the show did go until about 27:00 clock. So there were countless yawns and some of the eyelids every now and then fell down. And at times voices did not the reached required heights. But if I pay attention to all this circumstances, they were top. Moreover, thath this has bee noticed only by the fans in the front rows.

My two highlights of the evening was Lametione and Mystery (this time with organ and an excellent organ player). Pure goose bumps!

Oh, almost forgoten! Most importantly, Cassius has introduced on his speak the mascot 'Moose'. A stuffed animal that accompanies them on all trips and also during the performance. He has also picked them lovlingly up and showed it proudly to the public.

So this for today.

:D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Murkskis wrote:Thanks for your extensive reviews, FDL and Viabuona!

Glad to hear that Stefan's voice is OK.
Funny to read about the moose and about RP deciding between piano and synthesizer :lol:
Audience of 700 people- sounds pretty good! Full house-even better! :D
No M&G, that's reasonable because of the late our (concerning 'their' time), but why there was no photo session :( ?
How about acoustics?
Agreed many thanks for the reports. Hope the sound glitches are ironed out, and the lighting also sets the atmosphere, so it's a shame there were problems in this area too. I got the impression it wasn't evenly spread and quite harsh at times. The wrong colours?

The boys could very well have been tired, and as concluded by FDL last years US tour started with few glitches but was well polished by the end.

..and if Libera don't hold any meet and greets this tour, you know what you need to do.... become a corporate sponsor :roll:

Just wear a suit and tie or evening dress that should do it.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thanks viabuona for the review. Its good to know we did get the dress rehearsal for Canada at Epsom :) , so i am not missing anything.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Another review here

...and a few pictures posted on Salt and Light TV's facebook page here
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Another review here

...and a few pictures posted on Salt and Light TV's facebook page here
Its always funny to see photos of the boys after a few months break as you forget how quickly we change as kids as Freddie suddenly looks a lot older.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:Its always funny to see photos of the boys after a few months break as you forget how quickly we change as kids as Freddie suddenly looks a lot older.
Yes, they grow up very quickly, before you know it those 10/11 years old are 6ft tall strapping teenagers lol All the more amazing that alot of them complete their full stint in the choir and more don't drop out early considering the changes they go through.

The interviewer Pedro looks a little startled in the photos. Maybe they should have sung a little acapella to chill him out a bit lol

P.S. and I didn't mention it before, but it's good that Stefans still got his treble voice, and that oldie but goldie 'Sanctus' still always delivers. :)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

JimmyRiddle wrote:The interviewer Pedro looks a little startled in the photos.
like a deer in headlights... :lol: but just a little bit :)
Bob

Thank you for your report

Post by Bob »

Viabouna Hello, hello to all the fans

First a big thank @ viabouna for the first report. Sounds a little disappointing, but I am convinced that the unusual time is the reason that this concert did not meet expectations. Sure the boys will sleep in a long time now and in the evening they will be better there. My question is at this point. If the musicians in concerts are the same? or to any other concert musicians are hired? I hope that there is no change, to learn the music, which is LIBERA. I was afraid of something but I am also sure that the choir from time to time will be better. Secure, courageous, skilled ....

Viabouna, you will witness a mutation of a community choir, which is now developing in Canada to a class that will inspire us in the end.

A personal question, I would like to ask, "You are together with some friends on the road. Your friends are from different countries. See your friends what you've just described? I would rate your feelings, and I say again thank you very much, that you teach us. It is your feeling that you tell. But what do your friends? Okay, that share is not your job .... But a tip ... an honest advice ... or something .... might be helpful. Today, the collaboration with the musicians and the time shift of the fundamental ... but when it does not improve, we must find other reasons .... I hope it gets better.

Only one question: what other visitors have said? or you could not hear what the people have spoken to you by the right and left during the intermission and after the concert?

Once again: I can not even begin to say often enough, but we stick to your words and we look forward to every message.

Thank you Viabouna

SERVUS Grüetzi and Hello
you need your whole life to stay young
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Thank you so much for all the reviews and links everyone!! I read 'em all during class on my phone and got scolded - oh well :lol:

I can't believe in one week I'll be at a Libera concert!!! ahhhh!!
I sure hope there will be a meet and greet then, because I'v had stuff sent to me to get signed, plus I really want to meet the rest of the boys.. guess we'll see how it turns out :)
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

Here are some pictures from the last night's concert :D
And I need your help identifying some new faces :oops:
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com/2011/04/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ncert.html
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;