New here...

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

chris17

New here...

Post by chris17 »

Hi everyone! I joined a little while ago, but I guess I've been too busy reading posts to make a formal introduction. Great site, by the way! :D Anyway, I'm a 17-year-old USA female (Chris is just a nickname from volunteering last summer), and I got a few Libera CDs last October. Since then I've definitely become a fan...don't ask me how, because I never intended to become a fan, nor did not suppose I would be joining a fan forum, ever... When I first bought Angel Voices (the 2006 one), I was wondering what could be the names of the kids on the cover, and I thought it might be kind of nice to find out more about them sometime.... I did not foresee at that time that I would eventually develop a technique for looking busy called, "Type the names of all the Libera choristers, past and present, that you can think of off the top of your head...." (and, by the way, it actually works pretty well) :lol:

I actually found Libera while looking for a good rendition of Do You Hear What I Hear, and the one from Angel Voices 3 was I think the 105th search result on the page...and, the funny thing was, I didn't even like it all that much (didn't like the arrangement, I think). But I knew I like boy trebles (I'd heard In Dreams at the end of one of the Lord of the Rings movies and thought it was the best song ever), so I looked up Angel Voices 3 on Amazon...and, what do you know, the "other customers also bought these products" section recommended a bunch of Libera music. So, I looked up Libera, and bought a few CDs...and then I bought a few more....and then - guess what? - a few more! I still haven't quite completed my collection, but I'm getting pretty close. :D

I'm definitely a Libera fan now, anyway! It's hard to pick any favorite songs or choristers, because I like most of the songs and all of the boys...I tried listing my favorite songs, but I gave up when my list got to 23. I think I just like too many! I'd probably have to say my favorite soloist is probably Josh Madine (especially with his wonderful deeper voice in Peace), but then, I also really like Liam Connery, Stefan Leadbeater, Ralph Skan, Tom Cully, Joe Platt, Joe SW, Daniel Fontannaz, Steven Geraghty, Ben Crawley, Daren Geraghty...etc....:lol:

Anyway, sorry for a somewhat long intro! Hope to see you all around. :)
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Hello! Welcome to the forum! :D I'm sure you'll love it a whole lot here!! I really like the story of how you came to find Libera, it's really interesting!
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

A warm welcome to the forum! You'll like it here!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Welcome to the dominion
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Welcome ! And thanks to Amazon for bringing you here :lol: :lol:
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Murkskis wrote:Welcome ! And thanks to Amazon for bringing you here :lol: :lol:
welcome
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Welcome aboard
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately you can kiss goodbye to ever being considered normal again by mainstream society. Welcome to the support group for those of us fortunate enough to have caught the bug.

We'll try and help you survive with your sanity intact.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:Hi Chris,

Unfortunately you can kiss goodbye to ever being considered normal again by mainstream society. Welcome to the support group for those of us fortunate enough to have caught the bug.

I need all the support I can get from here, mentally and financially, as I also have caught the bug ;)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

This should be a standard email message to every new member of this forum!
And yes, welcome :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! :mrgreen:

Okay...*kisses goodbye to ever being considered normal again by mainstream society.* I think I prefer the society of those who have caught the bug anyway though, so it's not too much of a loss. :wink: (My dad is probably wondering why I'm laughing out loud over here. :lol: )
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Oh, stop it Yorkie, you are scaring off the nice person!

But honestly, welcome to the forum, Chris! We try not to be a scary bunch, but when we have Yorkie in our midst, it is a hard stereotype to beat! :wink:

(I kid Yorkie, I kid... The forum would not be the same without you! :lol: )
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

libera36 wrote:(I kid Yorkie, I kid... The forum would not be the same without you! :lol: )
I agree! :D

Hi, Chris! Glad you are crazy enough to join the forum! Hope you really like it! And I love the way you found Libera and became a fan!

Lauren
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;