Concert@Epsom Playhouse 18/03/2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

little-miss-sunshine

Post by little-miss-sunshine »

thanks for the link Jimmy and can't wait to see them Rebecca!

Also, if you look on youtube, I think there is a small sampling of the new song, "song of life".
libera36

Post by libera36 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:P.S. - Guess the mystery surrounding the identity of that 2nd song shown on the Canada Tour Preview video still remains - or is that part of 'Song for Life'?
It's part of 'Song of Life'... I checked the lyrics to see if they match, and they do. The part in the Canada Tour Preview is "We shall never be alone, As we link our hearts in one"! I can't wait to hear the whole thing though, I have a feeling it is going to be one for the record books. :wink:
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Wow! Thank you to everyone for writing such great reviews! Sounds like it was an awesome concert and you all had a great time! Sad about Josh and Sam, but I totally get it. Hope Stefan's voice is OK. Happy for Ralph and Daniel and Jakob and Freddie and mini James! Can't wait for Canada! :)

Glad you're home safely Rebecca! Sounds like you had a blast! :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
little-miss-sunshine wrote:Thanks for all the reports!
No photos? :(
George who writes a choral blog for the Russian audience attended the concert and managed to take two pictures he's included at the end of his review

here

Thanks Jimmy for this. I do wonder what Libera think of the people who continue to take photos when in programme it strictly states " Camera's are strictly prohibited". To me it shows a complact lack of respect for the rules they have layed out. I dont like the rules but they are there for a reason and should be obayed.

Also just something my Mum and her friend said.

They was both frustrated that there was no photos of the boys in the programme with there names. I know in Japan and places like that they do put pictures in but maybe do that here as my mum did not know which boy was which when trying to tell me who she enjoyed the most. So they felt it was silly to list the 23 boys names but then no photos of each boy next to there name.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

dani wrote:
phlibera wrote: 23... Sort of the number for foreign tours. Flynn and Alfie. What an abrupt exit. :(
Yep i think these are the boys who will tour. I still dont get the Jon thing tho as he is 16 so should be sitting the same exams as Josh and Sam.
Jonathan did say in the dvd featurette that he's about the best in math. He must be good in his other subjects too. :lol:
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Firstly I'd like to say a big thanks to Libera for a very very good concert :D (as usually :lol: )

It was also a great pleasure to meet the fans - all the ''old faces'' and the new ones again. The friendly gathering took place in the Rising Sun- (there I met Sue, Martendas and many German fans) and in Epsom cafe (Yorkie, dani, FDL, Viabuona and his godson, Francais, Paul, Rebecca with her mother and sister, Lenneke/SheaDG- (a Dutch fan) and for a short moment Denis (from Sweden) and George (from Russia). Also LibeLA was here with her friends :) And John from Canada again :) Sorry- I can't tell all the names :lol:

The reports that are posted so far contain so many well covered views that I hardly can find something more to add :D

The programmes were sold briefly before the concert and if I remember correctly- were sold out :D

Another nice detail- because of the numbered seats the process of entering the venue was pretty relaxed and when the door opened people were not pressed together like in a crowded train (this is a side effect of queuing when seats are not numbered). On the other hand- 'a standart queuing' keeps all fans together and adds to the fun :lol:

I also took some notes at the interval but unfortunately I lost my small page of paper :roll: due to the overexcitement in the end of the concert :lol: When we did the standing ovations right after How Shall I Sing That Majesty :D

Song of life- I was so glad to hear a full version- I recommend to get it as soon as it is released! You will like it! It sounded so good at the concert, just imagine how good the CD version is going to be :D

Some songs known from CD's still sounded a bit differently. Lamentione reminds the 'good old' Lament (from album ''Free''- this from the ages when some of the current boys were not born yet ... :lol: ) but it's not the same! This song feels like 'Gregorian music style' - some parts included low voices and quite a mystical atmosphere 8)

Jubilate- I think it started a capella and just a short moment later Robert started playing.

Sanctissima- solo by Ralph as posted before but in my opinion Ben was singing kind of separate harmony here

Always with you- Freddie's performance and the beginng- just a blast !!! He came several steps forward for his solo and delivered it so strong, convincing and charming. He was singing to the direction where I was sitting, so I could hear him directly, even without the mics 8)

The lighting was also so good, I especially enjoyed that purple-red light.

They used the projector to advertise Peace Deluxe album before the concert started as well.

Speaking about Stefan- unfortunately he had a cough - I think it was not mentioned! But anyway - his voice is seemingly different if I compare it to what I heard in November (you can have your own opinion on this) and his solos were supported by Ralph a lot ( this is a fact). Of course he sings very good, I wish him the best and hopefully he will sing a lot more solos. Probably the next tour will answer this question.

About photos- I wasn't taking any although I had a chance to see some of the boys after the concert- it was very nice of them to meet the fans (outside the venue, when most of the people were gone). Daniel, Ralph, Ben, Henry and some of their parents were there. Still I don't think that any of these pictures should appear publicly (on Youtube etc.) because no photo shoot since last autumn tour - this is a clear sign that they don't like something of this stuff, whatever the reasons are.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Murkskis wrote: About photos- I wasn't taking any although I had a chance to see some of the boys after the concert- it was very nice of them to meet the fans (outside the venue, when most of the people were gone). Daniel, Ralph, Ben, Henry and some of their parents were there. Still I don't think that any of these pictures should appear publicly (on Youtube etc.) because no photo shoot since last autumn tour - this is a clear sign that they don't like something of this stuff, whatever the reasons are.
Good point.. I'll just post a few I think, though, since the boys didn't seem to mind. Ben was actually joking about it.. lol
Also, just wanted to add that apparantly my mom had quite a long conversation with Ben's dad, without knowing until the end who he was, and she told him all about me and my obsession :roll:
I've begun to stop shaking, although it was pretty bad on the plane! I just still can't believe it!!

pictures:
Daniel;
http://i52.tinypic.com/2uhmmhj.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ben;
http://i54.tinypic.com/28jzayf.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben talking to me :lol: ;
http://i54.tinypic.com/auv603.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Rebecca (: wrote:Also, just wanted to add that apparantly my mom had quite a long conversation with Ben's dad, without knowing until the end who he was, and she told him all about me and my obsession :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I wonder what Ben's dad's expression was during that. Haha... You're probably now on his watchlist. :lol:
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Wow!!!! Thanks Murk and Rebecca!!! I feel like I was there with you all in spirit................this has got to be the most EPIC Libera concert to date!!!

Love the Pix Becc!!!!! Murk......I can't thank you enough for the detailed review.......
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

phlibera wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:Also, just wanted to add that apparantly my mom had quite a long conversation with Ben's dad, without knowing until the end who he was, and she told him all about me and my obsession :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I wonder what Ben's dad's expression was during that. Haha... You're probably now on his watchlist. :lol:
Maybe xD Well, he did tell her he'd tell all the boys I say hi.. lol..
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Nice!!!
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Nicki wrote:Nice pics, Rebecca! I love the face you put on yourself :lol:
Thanks!! :lol: That's just half as bad as I must have looked!! I was smiling so big that it hurt!! and my eyes were huge! lol!

Did anyone else notice that one of the boys had a chocolate? (or somethign else) stain on his robe? :lol: It caught my attention pretty early on, but who ever it was I couldn't see his face, due to the piano.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Hello again, I am back in Germany now. Some of the other german fans aren't, cause they use their appearance for a bit 'short holidays' in UK. No more concert reports needed I guess.
Rebecca you haven't look bad :P
Where & when do you shot the three pics? I didn't know that some of you meet the boys after concert. :shock:

Some of us Germans have Epsom pictures & audio's, too. But some fans told me that they don't like it if material like this is published. Other fans, who couldn't appear in Epsom, begged me to publish it. So, I don't know what to do now :roll:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Rebecca (: wrote:
Murkskis wrote: About photos- I wasn't taking any although I had a chance to see some of the boys after the concert- it was very nice of them to meet the fans (outside the venue, when most of the people were gone). Daniel, Ralph, Ben, Henry and some of their parents were there. Still I don't think that any of these pictures should appear publicly (on Youtube etc.) because no photo shoot since last autumn tour - this is a clear sign that they don't like something of this stuff, whatever the reasons are.
Good point.. I'll just post a few I think, though, since the boys didn't seem to mind. Ben was actually joking about it.. lol
Also, just wanted to add that apparantly my mom had quite a long conversation with Ben's dad, without knowing until the end who he was, and she told him all about me and my obsession :roll:
I've begun to stop shaking, although it was pretty bad on the plane! I just still can't believe it!!

pictures:
Daniel;
http://i52.tinypic.com/2uhmmhj.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ben;
http://i54.tinypic.com/28jzayf.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben talking to me :lol: ;
http://i54.tinypic.com/auv603.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great photos. My point was about people doing it at the end of the concert. You had clearly asked Ben to pose and he agreed so i dont see a problem with that. Its when people take photos when the boys are not aware or when they have been told not to like during the concert or as it ends.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

libera36 wrote:It's part of 'Song of Life'... I checked the lyrics to see if they match, and they do. The part in the Canada Tour Preview is "We shall never be alone, As we link our hearts in one"! I can't wait to hear the whole thing though, I have a feeling it is going to be one for the record books. :wink:
Thanks - I'm very much looking forward to the release of the song now - both parts are very good. Another Prizeman-Muramatsu masterpiece it seems.

Thanks Murkskis and Rebecca for your thoughts and pictures. A little bit of persistance and a white hoodie with 'I love Libera' brings it's rewards I guess. ;)
Sue wrote:So, I don't know what to do now :roll:
With all due respect if it's a travel tour guide of Epsom, for the amount of relevance and interest it would generate it might be best to keep the pictures to yourself. Save yourself any fall out with the fans who have requested their pictures not be shown.