Concert@Epsom Playhouse 18/03/2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Rebecca (: wrote:Oh cool! That sounds yummy! haha :D Headin' out now! See ya'll tonight! :)
Well, you have some great museums (the best of which were often created by Brit's mind) and of course US museums tend to be quite rich and therefore can out bid the rest of the world when any good stuff comes up for sale.

That said, we had a few hundred years to loot the best treasures from around the world so yeah, the British museum is pretty cool :lol: Also, boring fact is that the British museum was the first public museum (i.e. the first that anybody could walk in to from the street) in the world. It is the one that all others are based on.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

An hour to go and getting really excited .
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

dani wrote:An hour to go and getting really excited .
. Cool I hope you have. A good time dani
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

News

No Josh or matthew Madine or Sam L .

New songs are
Song of life
Lamentione
And Jubilate has been added .
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

thanks for the news have a nice time there enjoy
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

Hope everyone enjoys the concert :)
Sing, Sing, Ye Heavenly Choir
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

dani wrote:News

No Josh or matthew Madine or Sam L .

New songs are
Song of life
Lamentione
And Jubilate has been added .
Thanks Dani!
What's Lamentione? Is it the same song as Lament in Free album?
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Updated the post under this.
Last edited by dani on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

dearmadine wrote:

Thanks Dani!
What's Lamentione? Is it the same song as Lament in Free album?

You guessed right , it was indeed Lament ! . It was really nice to see it live . Sadly no voco me ( confused why they used that song in the Canada promo video as song of life got played tonight and also How Shall I Sing). So seems odd to include in in a promo video when its not part of it.

Also a shorter set list tonight with about 18 songs . And one new face as well called Eoghan McCartney .

Stefans voice has broken or its on the brink and has lost most of his solos with Ralph now head soloest.

On Salva Me Matthew sung the high notes which Stefan used to sing. Also on Libera Ralph did all the high parts on the last part of the song.

The sound is never as good as in a church setting but the one thing Epsom did give them and that was stage room. The boys was more spread out and i enjoyed that more as i did not then have to keep looking for the hidden boy singing. There was also a screen projector and it was used well. Plus smokey lights which added to the overall affect.

Ralph now does all of Mysterium without Stefan. James and Daniel was really good on Going Home and Daniel was also excellent on Stay With Me. His voice is still there surprisingly.

It was nice to open with something new and fresh with Jubilate. Before hand i was sad i would not get Stefans high " EEEEEEE" on opening with Libera but even if it had started with that i would not of got that so im glad it opened with Jubilate now.

Far Away was not on the set list ( must be noted i said it should be taken off as with Ralph it had lost all its original spark and so it has haha) .. Im starting to think i have magical powers :lol:
Also no Adoramus which was a surprise.

Favorite performance of the night goes to Always with You which Freddie sung and he blew me away. He was really confident and sung clearly.

I really enjoyed Song of Life and was quite uplifting and Ralph did a good job. I will deffo download the mp3 of it when it comes out.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks for the report Dani!
Sounds like lots of changes.

Always with You is my absolute favorite Libera song.
I'm really looking forward to hearing it again next month.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

tom413 wrote:Thanks for the report Dani!
Sounds like lots of changes.

Always with You is my absolute favorite Libera song
I'm really looking forward to hearing it again next month.
I have always liked it but love other songs a lot more so for Freddie to convert me to my fav of the night says how good he was on it. Its really nice to see kids like Carlos, Freddie , James and Jakob take more of a central role in things as they get older.

Kavana is still as aminated as ever and is still fun to watch. I would love somebody to record him for a few mins in a concert as he is sooooooooo into it. It just makes you smile.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

That was the most amazing night of my life!!!! :D :D
As people will probably say, I was going quite insane before hand, and during, but to an okay level I think :lol:

The soloists might not be right, but here goes my best shot!
(the piano was blocking part of the stage, but it was fine)

Jubliate chained with Libera
Freddie and Cassius speech
Eternal Light - Stefan and Ralph
Sanctissima - Ralph
Sanctus (it was AMAZING!)
Kavana speech
Alwys with You - Freddie with Jakob on the Ah's
Song of Life - Ralph. This was beyond words! In my top 5 favorite songs ever for sure!! LOVED it!
Salva Me - Stefan and ? (piano was blocking)
Lamentione - Ralph on the Ah's (I have writtien down that the low parts were very nice : ) )
Exultate - Stefan and Daniel. The moving was very cool!

Interval

Mysterium - Ralph chained wth Gloria
Freddie speech again
Fountain - Ralph
When a Knight - Ralph
Stay with me - ? on the Ah's and Daniel (AMAZING solo from Daniel!)
Liam speech, saying that some of the older boys are at home studying
Ave Verum - Carlos
Love and Mercy - James and Freddie
Going Home - James and Daniel
Jude speech ("Hi I'm Jude! I'm new!")
How Shall I sing - Jakob and Stefan
encore: the Exultate reprise!

During the whole first 2 songs, mini-ben was staring right at me :lol: and I also made eye contact with Jonathan, Jakob, Liam, and Daniel, who looked at me for all of the Fountain. Also, my mom said Liam was staring at me a lot, guess I didn't see that :roll:

Afterwords we hung around, just to see if they'd come out, and a few of them did!! I got my picture taken with Stefan, Daniel and Ben and got Daniel and Ben's autographs! I was talking with Ben for a few minutes, and he said that he hopes no one sees him staying after to take pictures and sign :lol:
I also had a run in with Tom - literally! I was going up to say hi to him, and he came running down the stairs and nearly flattened me! It was all good though, cause I got to say hi and take his picture :D

It was overall the best experience of my life! I loved meeting everyone and talking before the concert! It was a ton of fun!
I was even tearing up before and during the concert, it was just that amazing!More to come once I'm home tomorrow, hopefully!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Rebecca its nice to know you enjoyed it as you came such a long way. It was fun to see everybody again and its nice that we all get along and can have a laugh . Adds to the experiance of the concerts.
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

Rebecca, I gotta admit that you really did had a good time there. Thanks for sharing :)
lucyjubilate

Post by lucyjubilate »

Thank you for the review Rebecca! And I do envy you! For you got to talk with the boys since there was no photo session (again) today. lol I'm a little worried about Stefan's voice, and everyone sitting around me was asking "what's wrong with Stefan" after the first half of the concert. Since you've got to talk with him so did his voice start to change, or was he just not feeling well?

BTW I love the new song and Ralph's solo, as well as his high notes in Libera. He's so amazing that words failed me.

I love Freddie and Jakob's Always with you, too. Freddie's cute voice and Jakob's high notes made that song really moving to me.