Songs of Praise

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

viabuona wrote:
Sue wrote:.... Now we have big differences between concert-/live-soloists and video-/tv-appearance-soloists.
The Video was made in March 2010 when Libera had also the concert in Arundel. In this time Sanctissima was sung by Ben.

Then starting at Bristol (October 2010) Sanctissima was sung bei Ralph.
Yes, and in August 2010 it was sung by Sammy M.

But when it was shot in March 2010 why it comes only now?
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Sue wrote:But when it was shot in March 2010 why it comes only now?
Well, I think the agenda from SOP contains more then three months. :roll:
So they knew in this time that there will be a broadcast in January 11, the boys was on place in May 10... :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

viabuona wrote:The Video was made in March 2010 when Libera had also the concert in Arundel.
I doubt about that. Where do you have this information ?

The boys present on this videos are the same that where at the automn concerts, minus Sam.

If this video was taped in March, or in May (Arundel concert this year was the 15/05, not March),then we would have seen Flynn, Alphie, James T, as they were present in Arundel.
It's not the case, none of them is on this video.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It is a fact that video was filmed 25th Oct 2010. I dont know why anybody would think the video was recorded back in May time.

And just in case some people think i am lying , i told everybody about them filming in Manchester for Eternal Light and what song they would sing in the Arundal performance back in Oct.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Ben appears to be singing a treble part. Perhaps he's still hanging on?
liberavieve

Post by liberavieve »

TullyBascombe wrote:Ben appears to be singing a treble part. Perhaps he's still hanging on?
Sadly, I think that 'appears' might be the key word here; I'm pretty sure it's been said that this video uses the track from Peace rather than a recording live from Arundel. [/i]
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

fan_de_LoK wrote: If this video was taped in March, or in May (Arundel concert this year was the 15/05, not March)
Thankie fdL, I meant May. But maybe my brain is to strong focused to March :wink:
fan_de_LoK wrote: then we would have seen Flynn, Alphie, James T, as they were present in Arundel.
It's not the case, none of them is on this video.
Possible, but it's not a must. :roll:
dani wrote:It is a fact that video was filmed 25th Oct 2010.
Sorry dani, but no, this is not a fact - you're not an official speaker from Libera (even if I do personally know and trust you). So this is only a message with very high credibility. :D

dani wrote:I dont know why anybody would think the video was recorded back in May time.
Maybe because a lot of people can not believe that Libera produce a video in october 2010 with voices from an earlier time. And if this is the case (like it looks) so I have to support the meaning from Sue:
Sue wrote:But I must confess I am sorry that they let poor Ben act like a boy treble... Now we have big differences between concert-/live-soloists and video-/tv-appearance-soloists.
:(

But however, let me do a little time-schedule based on danis input (even it's a little bit 'off topic')

25th october 2010 Video recording in Arundel
26th october 2010 Rehearsal in Bristol
27th october 2010 Rehearsal and afterwards Concert in Bristol
28th october 2010 off
29th october 2010 Rehearsal and afterwards Concert in Chester
30th october 2010 Video recording in Manchester

Very impressive agenda. :shock:

And btw: I find this video great. :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

viabuona wrote: Sorry dani, but no, this is not a fact - you're not an official speaker from Libera (even if I do personally know and trust you). So this is only a message with very high credibility. :D

I dont need to be in Libera to know when that video was recorded. A fact is a fact. The person who told me was 100% reliable.

I cant believe this is being called into question about the date of the video recording.
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Hi, viabuona. I know this sounds funny, but why don't you just use Josh's hair as a guide. :D

Go back and look at the pictures from the Arundel concert in May. Then look at the pictures from Bristol in October. His hair is much shorter in May. In the new SOP video we don't see him much, but you can see him in the back at 1:28, 1:37 and 2:20. His hair is longer like in October. It couldn't have been filmed in May. I think dani is right. :D

Also, I think Ben is miming the words to the Peace CD Sanctissima just like Josh had to for Lullabye. SOP was not a live voice recording. Just a live video recording. They didn't have Ralph or Sammy sing it, because it's a tribute to Ben using his Peace recording. I hope that makes sense.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Lexi wrote: I know this sounds funny, but why don't you just use Josh's hair as a guide. :D

Go back and look at the pictures from the Arundel concert in May. Then look at the pictures from Bristol in October. His hair is much shorter in May.
Yeah, that's a good idea. And it supports dani :wink:

And I also agree on 'live video recording'. I can't see any mics.
Just can't stop watchin the new video of Sanctissima 8)

BTW, Libera do work hard, so this tight time-schedule just confirms it once again.
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Beautiful performance as always.
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

jesuspeace34 wrote:Beautiful performance as always.
Agreed!! I thought the video was very well done, and it gave not-so-mini-Ben a well-deserved chance to shine once more.

My he has gotten tall!
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Great video.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Murkskis

Re: Songs of Praise

Post by Murkskis »

I just wanted to say that I found the recording of Sanctissima (the same of the SoP) on one of the fansites.
Small detail- it's in 'true HD' quality. And you might need a specific video player to see it.

Would you like to know the whereabouts of the recording? Anyone? :wink:
I guess you all know it already and I'm the last to find :mrgreen:

Originally it was broadcasted on BBC HD. I will become a fan of BBC soon :lol:

OK. here we go:
http://www.libera.angelvoices.se/videos ... rundel.avi

Plan B.
If your player can't open it properly,then
- download VLC player (just google for ''vlc player download'' and get it),
- visit the Swedish website http://www.libera.angelvoices.se/, scroll down and find
''New video spring 2011 "O Sanctissima"''
- right click on the picture, make 'save target as' on your PC, download the file
- and play it with VLC player :D

Courtesy of Dennis, owner of this site! Thank you so much!
paul
Site Admin

Re: Songs of Praise

Post by paul »

Thanks for the link :)

Nice to have in HD...
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato