UK concert serie announced! - Autumn 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Sadly I will not be present at St George and Beverley.
Since yesterday evening I have a mysterious and painful health problem in the abdomen, I am not fit to travel today. :(

Next concert for me will be Epsom...
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that!! Wishing you a good, swift recovery--please keep us updated on your circumstances if you have a chance, and rest up.
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Sadly I will not be present at St George and Beverley.
Since yesterday evening I have a mysterious and painful health problem in the abdomen, I am not fit to travel today. :(

Next concert for me will be Epsom...
Oh, I am so sorry! Hope it is nothing serious and that you feel better very soon! :)
Others will miss getting to meet you, Libera will miss your rapt attention in the front row, and we will all miss your expert review. :cry:

Lauren
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Woo-hoo im the second one here. Yorkie is first.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Patrick has turned up
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

You can't keep a good man down! :D

Enjoy the concert and don't forget about those of us who will vicariously attend through your reports!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Wonderful concert again . Eternal light was just amazing tonight. Ralph and Stefan was fantastic again and Ralph is really nailing them high notes.

It was a full house and must of had about 700 people there somebody quoted. There was some new boys there and 30 boys in total . No James T again .

Its a shame i cant do Beverly tomorrow.
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

dani wrote:Wonderful concert again . Eternal light was just amazing tonight. Ralph and Stefan was fantastic again and Ralph is really nailing them high notes.

It was a full house and must of had about 700 people there somebody quoted. There was some new boys there and 30 boys in total . No James T again .

Thanks, dani!!! Does the program say who any of the new boys were? :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Lexi wrote:
dani wrote:Wonderful concert again . Eternal light was just amazing tonight. Ralph and Stefan was fantastic again and Ralph is really nailing them high notes.

Yep im home now so i will write down there names for you.

Ciaran Bradberry-Hickey
Ben Fairman
Luis Fernandes
Thomas Delgada-Little
Matthew Madine ( At Arundal)
Dylan ( Chester,Bristol)
Barney ( Chester,Bristol)

And its funny how i mentioned that using Libera as an encore didnt work as its not up tempo enough and it should end on something like Orinoco Flow as tonight they changed the encore to Exultate revised. Which is a lot more up tempo and its a great end to the concert.
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

dani wrote:
Lexi wrote:

Yep im home now so i will write down there names for you.

Ciaran Bradberry-Hickey
Ben Fairman
Luis Fernandes
Thomas Delgada-Little
Dylan ( Chester,Bristol)

And its funny how i mentioned that using Libera as an encore didnt work as its not up tempo enough and it should end on something like Orinoco Flow as tonight they changed the encore to Exultate revised. Which is a lot more up tempo and its a great end to the concert.
Thank you, thank you, Dani! Ciaran Bradberry-Hickey is one I've never heard of before. Hope you got pictures! :D
paopao

Post by paopao »

Sounds you guys had a blast, can't wait for some in-depth reviews
dani wrote: No James T again .
aww :cry:
dani wrote:Yep im home now so i will write down there names for you.
Ciaran Bradberry-Hickey
Ben Fairman
Luis Fernandes
Thomas Delgada-Little
Dylan ( Chester,Bristol)

Another Ben, Tom, and Madine?? history repeats itself :P
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Wonderful concert in London yesterday ! Thank you Libera ! :D

The songs list: (please additional info about the soloists- I didn't make notes, all by memory)

Adoramus
Libera (chained with the first)
Time (solo by 3- Josh, Ralph and Alex, Ben's parts by full choir)
Sanctus
Sanctissima (solo by Ralph)
Eternal Light - one of the best songs yesterday (to my eyes), solo by Stephan
Ave Verum
Far Away
Salva
Exultate (Aw, I noticed how the boys really enjoyed themselves while singig this)

Interval (about half an hour)
The new album was for sale (I think I bought one :wink: )
Posters were also for sale

Mysterium (the lights were so wonderful and the song as well 8) 8)
Gloria (chained to Mysterium)
Fountain
How Can I Keep From Singing
When I Knight Won His Spurs (superb solo by Ralph)
Love and Mercy (solos by Freddie and Mini James-just perfect
Deep Peace
Stay with Me
Going home - what a performance- outstanding- I was quite outside reality while listening to this 8) 8)
How shall I sing That Majesty (sounded so good) - followed by standing ovations 8)
Encore: Exultate (followed by standing ovations again 8)

Actually all the concert was of very high quality (as usually :lol: ), I personally get lost in music completly in the second part of the concert.

No photo session in the end ... and no M&G as well.
Some of the fans managed to shoot some photos and videos when the group arrived. You will see them later probably :wink:
It was allowed to enter the church and have a look before the boys were there 8) Of course I took the chance and saw the girls with the Violins and Chello practising and the crew as well.

The programme states as follows- Keyboards: RP and Steven Geraghty ,Clarinet and recorder- Steven Geraghty, Strings: Emily Pettet, Emily Howell, Belinda Goodship, Emma Pask, Percussion- Simon Roth ... I will finish this later (FDL will scan the programme and put it online later maybe :wink: )

It was a pleasure to meet so many people there- Yorkie, Dani, Danieb, FDL, Flora, LibeLA, Nicki, Lise with her sister Noémie (and mother), Viabuona, François, John45 (from AV group, he came from Canada 8) ). Sorry if I forgot someone, I'll add later then :D

P.s. I hope others will expand more precisely on solos, speeches etc. :D
Last edited by Murkskis on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I Whated to ask what happened during Josh"s speech . Because Robert suddenly looked really angry and was looking behind him . Maybe something was said and he turned sharply around . Because we was on left hand side and he was sat on the right hand side i dont know what got him so angey.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Not sure where to start on this one as nothing much was different from the Bristol and Chester shows. Obviously there was a huge turn out which was good to see and as dani said (more than once!) surely this shows that they need to do more concerts in the boys home town.

I headed over to the venue at about 12.00 and when I arrived the only person around was Andy Winter looking after the gear as the rest of the roadie crew had lunch. Taking that to be a hint I headed off to pound the mean streets of (actually where the Hell was it? Lewisham?). Not the best part of London it has to be said. Anyway, I returned at about 13.30 and still nobody about I sat in the Cathedral and watched them work.

The next person I saw arrive was dani who joined me for a while before Viabuona and a Dutch fan arrived. We sat in the church for about an hour and took some photo’s and some video of the sound checks (very much like the stuff from Chester) before deciding to start the queue at around 15.30.

By around 17.00 the boys still hadn’t arrived – Andy Winter and Callum where looking worried and were constantly wandering around talking on their mobile (cell) phones – turns out that the boys were caught up in a mad traffic jam caused by a road accident. Eventually they turned up on foot carrying their robes under the watchful eye of RP – I have some footage which I’ll try and upload (after editing out the faces of those who wish to remain anonymous). Not all the boys were in the group, some arrived separately. After the main group arrived I went in search of a bin to throw away some rubbish. Who should I run into but (not so) mini Ben + mum and dad. I said a cheery ‘good evening’ and Mr Philipp replied. Ben walked on a couple of steps before realising I was addressing them and he quickly responded in a friendly way.

By now we had our favourite Frenchman (reports say he charted an air ambulance to whisk him from his death bed in Paris to receive his last rights from his favourite choir), Murkskis, Flora, Nicki, LibLA, Danieb88 – have I missed anybody? I’ve had about eight hours sleep over the last three nights and I’m not sure I will survive the drive home after tonight’s gig. Nice to meet you all and, if I say so myself, what a relief that non of you are nuts!

As I’m sure somebody will have posted by now, we bagged front row seats (I’m always in two minds about this – surely it can’t be easy for the boys looking at me all concert? Only natural that it might put them off their singing I should think).

The lighting affects were excellent last night but the sound wasn’t quite as good as in Chester (but it was still great, no complaints). Slight change to the start (at least dani and I think so). Stefan did the Japanese DVD opening to the concert (when he sings ‘key’ he gets quite high on the last part (key- EEEEEEEEEE). We’re sure he didn’t do this in Bristol or Chester. Slight change to Mysterium from the Chester show; started with the organ intro (love it) but at the end the bridge in to Gloria was done by the string quartet rather than the organ again. During Ben’s speech I deliberately watched RP rather than the boys. As Ben described the five day adventure across Europe in his theatrical style even RP was grinning along to Ben’s antics.

Many great individual performances last night and I don’t really want to single out anybody but I really appreciated Daniel’s contribution and Ralph was still struggling with the bad cough that afflicted him in Chester but he kept going even when it was clearly troubling him.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Yorkie wrote:Not sure where to start on this one as nothing much was different from the Bristol and Chester shows. Obviously there was a huge turn out which was good to see and as dani said (more than once!) surely this shows that they need to do more concerts in the boys home town.

I headed over to the venue at about 12.00 and when I arrived the only person around was Andy Winter looking after the gear as the rest of the roadie crew had lunch. Taking that to be a hint I headed off to pound the mean streets of (actually where the Hell was it? Lewisham?). Not the best part of London it has to be said. Anyway, I returned at about 13.30 and still nobody about I sat in the Cathedral and watched them work.

The next person I saw arrive was dani who joined me for a while before Viabuona and a Dutch fan arrived. We sat in the church for about an hour and took some photo’s and some video of the sound checks (very much like the stuff from Chester) before deciding to start the queue at around 15.30.

By around 17.00 the boys still hadn’t arrived – Andy Winter and Callum where looking worried and were constantly wandering around talking on their mobile (cell) phones – turns out that the boys were caught up in a mad traffic jam caused by a road accident. Eventually they turned up on foot carrying their robes under the watchful eye of RP – I have some footage which I’ll try and upload (after editing out the faces of those who wish to remain anonymous). Not all the boys were in the group, some arrived separately. After the main group arrived I went in search of a bin to throw away some rubbish. Who should I run into but (not so) mini Ben + mum and dad. I said a cheery ‘good evening’ and Mr Philipp replied. Ben walked on a couple of steps before realising I was addressing them and he quickly responded in a friendly way.

By now we had our favourite Frenchman (reports say he charted an air ambulance to whisk him from his death bed in Paris to receive his last rights from his favourite choir), Murkskis, Flora, Nicki, LibLA, Danieb88 – have I missed anybody? I’ve had about eight hours sleep over the last three nights and I’m not sure I will survive the drive home after tonight’s gig. Nice to meet you all and, if I say so myself, what a relief that non of you are nuts!

As I’m sure somebody will have posted by now, we bagged front row seats (I’m always in two minds about this – surely it can’t be easy for the boys looking at me all concert? Only natural that it might put them off their singing I should think).

The lighting affects were excellent last night but the sound wasn’t quite as good as in Chester (but it was still great, no complaints). Slight change to the start (at least dani and I think so). Stefan did the Japanese DVD opening to the concert (when he sings ‘key’ he gets quite high on the last part (key- EEEEEEEEEE). We’re sure he didn’t do this in Bristol or Chester. Slight change to Mysterium from the Chester show; started with the organ intro (love it) but at the end the bridge in to Gloria was done by the string quartet rather than the organ again. During Ben’s speech I deliberately watched RP rather than the boys. As Ben described the five day adventure across Europe in his theatrical style even RP was grinning along to Ben’s antics.

Many great individual performances last night and I don’t really want to single out anybody but I really appreciated Daniel’s contribution and Ralph was still struggling with the bad cough that afflicted him in Chester but he kept going even when it was clearly troubling him.
thanks so much on the news i am so gald josh s borther was there cool i wish i was there but my be next time i am lookling forword to more news later thanks a gain
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

I'm so glad the concert went so well!! I really wish I could have been there, but I will be at the next US concerts! I'm actually quite fond of the part where he goes "Key-EEEE" so I'm glad that part was added! Can't wait to hear about Beverley tonight!:)