UK concert serie announced! - Autumn 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

dani wrote: Haha you know me so well . I really liked love abd mercy tonight as it worked with freddie and mini james and i think
I always thought they're an amazing combo, not to mention the off-the-charts cuteness factor!

Glad you had a great time, dani. Although sad to know that Alfie and Flynn has left the choir...

How many boys were present at the concert?
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

printen wrote:I got the feeling that the members of this forum think that Libera is a world famous boys choir or boys band.

In fact it is not.
Fact denotes that as far as choral groups with all-boy members between the ages of 8-16, they are one of the most famous and well known within their field of expertise. They have been going for over 25 years in one form or another. Although no true figure in known, it is widely believed they have overall record sales over 500,000+, they have appeared in many Television programs, and sold out concerts in many parts of the world.

To be fair last nights rather small crowd was an exception rather than the rule, and a sad reflection that only concerts in their own country could set records for the lowest attended. (admirable credit goes out to the regulars and those that travelled from afar)

The tour this summer in Midwest America was hugely successful with near sold out venues, their largest at St Louis
Only recently they made a debut tour to the Philippines and the response was huge. Sold out concerts, some over a few thousand, and their albums topping the mainstream charts. Documented by unbiased observers such as this http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=546853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now, 2009 gave us the Libera Boys Choir through the efforts of the Arts Council of Cebu. I had a good idea of how big a deal they are in the classical concert circuit, but I realized the magnitude of their presence when some fans from Japan and from some Southeast Asian countries came flying to Cebu to just watch them perform. Much to the surprise of the more senior attendees, the talented and charming British youngsters also wielded a sort of Jonas Brothers effect as tweens in the audience broke into squeals song after song
Pretty decent going for a boys choir that you think is not that popular, or not as popular as you suggest we believe them to be.
printen wrote:Dont get me wrong, I am a fan of Libera, I like the music they produce and every day I play that miusic. But I am not blinded by the fact the Libera is placed in the classical corner of music and in a special corner of that misuc.
The key point being made is that nobody is trying to compare them to the global fan base Gaga woman, or beiber boy would get (I'm not sure we would want to) but in their line of music and style of delivery - they are extremely popular, uniquely presented and highly creditable.

printen wrote:There are many websites, forums, video's of Libera on the internet, but all of hem are set up bij dedicated followers of Libera.
Aren't many online platforms relating to commercially successful artists setup by dedicated followers? Not sure the point you are trying to make here.

printen wrote:There is nothing wrong with the fact that we are vivid fans of Libera, but let we stand with our two feet firmly on the ground. Libera is a special boys band, with special music, with a special sound and with a small number, worlwide seen, of fans and followers.
Yep, I’m standing on solid ground with that point, and I think most of us are under no false pretence that Libera are a multi-platinum selling, world wide super group phenomenon. However most of us quite content in the progress they have made over the years, and their continued pledge to spread Libera's music to an ever expanding geographical fan base.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Some exciting news for the group . They recorded a video on
Monday for sop and on saturday they will again record another video ( eternal light) for sop in manchester.

Also that stefan photo with them on a hill was indeed a video for eternal light but for some unknown reason they have not put it on the delux cd . And can 100% confirm that going home and libera are old videos.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:Some exciting news for the group . They recorded a video on
Monday for sop and on saturday they will again record another video ( eternal light) for sop in manchester.

Also that stefan photo with them on a hill was indeed a video for eternal light but for some unknown reason they have not put it on the delux cd . And can 100% confirm that going home and libera are old videos.
Great news dani - don't know were you got it from but thanks for sharing. So it might be that Monday's filming could be the video dedicated to remembrance sunday for SoP, and not Lullabye?

Were are they filming in Manchester, it's on my doorstep I might go! lol - only joking I'd never disrupt important business.

Shame that Libera and Going Home are video's we've already seen and most likely got, still can't have it all.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

mondays filming was in a place some of may know "lol" ... arundal!

Song i think that was recorded was sanctissima but the person who told me was not 100% sure.
Steffi_89

Post by Steffi_89 »

Thank you Dani for this interessting news!!
I'm exiting to hear who sang the other solos :D
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Thanks for the heads up, dani! Pretty excited to see the SOP video they filmed.
paopao

Post by paopao »

Thanks dani,very nice to hear that!
dani wrote:Also that stefan photo with them on a hill was indeed a video for eternal light but for some unknown reason they have not put it on the delux cd . And can 100% confirm that going home and libera are old videos.
so there would be 2 vids for Eternal Light, the SOP vid and the one with Stefan (the official music video)? aww.. they better not shelve the latter, at least upload it on Youtube.. :cry: :cry:
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Wow, great ! Excellent news :D
And I also hope they will release 'Eternal Light' video on YT.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Friday, concert day in Chester :D

My turn to get a bit of Libera love. Seems that Bristol was a great venue but I'm guessing the boys will put on an A++ performance. I won't be posting any reports until I'm back home but I'll take my camera (can't guarantee the quality of the photo's though).

Happy days. Jimmy if you make it before the start (and anybody else that's going) try and hunt me down (big, fat, glasses & look a bit like Sean Connery from the 60's).
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Hope you all have fun :)
hynks

Post by hynks »

Hello! I'm Bullehynka, the French forum.
I created a panorama of soloists present a concert in Bristol. I cropped the photo in 5000 * 1347pixels. Other photos will follow.
I was happy to meet Dani and Fernando, although I do not understand everything :

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7430/panorama2l.jpg
Sorry I'm too bad in english !
Steffi_89

Post by Steffi_89 »

Nice photo. I'm right, that there are three new boys? (two on the right side and one on the left)
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Hey everyone! Ive only just managed to get online to chat about bristol - and now tonight is chester! well, for those who were at bristol, I need some help! I am horribly full of cold atm and it seems this has made my brain stop working so I cant remember half the soloists! (i wont post them on here jus incase ppl going to later concerts want to find out for themselves!)

Just a few of my favourite moments of the concert:

Before the concert I went to the toilets which happened to be next to the dressing room and literally walked into Tom Cully on the way out - I had abit of a crazy fangirl moment and didnt rele know what to say but he was lovely and said hello, enjoy the concert! was great! I also saw Alex all dressed up in his robes and was shocked how tall hes got - im 5'9" and he towered over me! I wonder how tall this makes Josh now whos even taller!!

i LOVED being so close to the front - I was right infront of Cassius for most of the show and he kept grinning at me between songs - very cute!

During Far Away, Ralph sang slightly random words for the first verse (I guess he just got confused) but when he finished, Luke went over and patted his shoulder, clearly saying dont worry about it - was very sweet!

During Joshs speech, he mentioned that he was 16 the previous day and he got such a lovely cheer, he looked so pleased!

Mysterium was fantastic!

Im so glad I didnt listen to Eternal Light prior to the concert as hearing it live for the first time was incredible!

The overall performance was absolutely amazing, I have to admit I was slightly disappointed by arundel earlier this year but they have improved a HUGE amount and there was only the smallest mistakes this time round, nothing particularly noticeable!

It was lovely to finally meet some forum members, especially Dani who I owe big time for lending me 20p to get the delux edition of Peace - Thank You!!

Anyway, Im sure Ive forgotten loads but I had an amazing night - may have to get tickets for London to relive the experience! The only thing I was abit sad about was the lack of a meet and greet, it would have been very easy for them to do in the space provided and the small numbers would have made it even easier! oh well, I guess ill have to save for an overseas concert for that privilege :(
Danie :D
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

great photo! yes there were 3 new boys, one was sere akpobome (on the left) and the two on the right are dylan duffy and barney lindsell and i dont know which way round these two boys are!
I have some pics too but am not good at putting them online so may take a while!
Danie :D