US Tour Dates - Summer 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Thanks for the great review, Tom! Enjoyed reading it very much! :D
tom413 wrote:When one of the local violinists who had reserved the two spots up front needed three, Lexi and Lauren were able to move into those seats.
We were in the second row, and there were 2 seats in front of us reserved for the violinist and cellist's 2 little girls. They did not want to sit by themselves without their aunt/friend? with them. They were going to have to go sit over on the side under the balcony. They would not have enjoyed the concert nearly as much over there, so I offered to trade with them to keep them together and in good seats. It was a very good trade for all of us. :D

Lauren
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Lexi posted pictures of the Atlanta concert on her blog -

http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are really good! Feel free to copy.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

They were better than really good. The Josh & Ben and the shot of the three hands were both exceptional. One of those is destined to be my wallpaper for awhile.
Thunderhawk261
Silver Member

Post by Thunderhawk261 »

Great pictures Lexi! :wink:

Both Jonathan and Liam have interesting expressions. It must be bittersweet for them as this may have been their last performance in Libera.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Briliant pics Lexi - I'm really impressed at how Peachtree Church printed the excellent programs, posters and other Libera related promotional items. They did as the americans would say - an awesome job. Your pictures are too ;)
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Amazing review, Tom, and amazing pictures, Lexi! I am blown away! Thanks so much for sharing!
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

[quote]Briliant pics Lexi - I'm really impressed at how Peachtree Church printed the excellent programs, posters and other Libera related promotional items. They did as the americans would say - an awesome job. Your pictures are too[quote]

hopefully one day the english churches will do the same, i doubt it but we can hope :D
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

Flora wrote:
tom413 wrote:
illuminaperpetua wrote:I wish I had talked to you though cause I was so nervous going through that line and I didn't say any of the things I meant to say I just said, "Thank you" when Josh and the other boys complemented me on my artwork. Ah! the more I think about it the stupider I feel!
I think that happens to almost everyone. I was lucky, the first person I ever met in an autograph line was Tom Cully and he did an excellent job of making me feel less nervous.
No matter how many times you go through those lines you will never remember to say everything you wanted to. After 5 run throughs in the last week or so, I still have a few things I would have liked to said to various members that I didn't. :oops:
I'm so glad other people have feelings like this! I'm still on cloud nine from having met them at all, but I've also been kicking myself for not managing to say much more than, "Thank you for the concert." It's relieving to know that I'm not the only one. Thanks for that, everyone.
Hi Flora and all!

I also feel much better now as it appears I was not the only one a bit nervous during the signings :oops: As I had seen Libera perform before in Ireland, Nashville was my first opportunity to meet them. When I went through the line I think all I said to them was "Hello ____", "Good job", "Thank you" or other such simple greetings. I really was hoping to say something clever or witty the first time but it didn't seem to work out. I improved somewhat in Atlanta as, as Tom413 has said, we were in the back of the line. This, I think, helped me to prepare better as opposed to being in the front where sometimes everyone behind you is wanting to move along quickly. I must say I was more relaxed this time and I got to engage in a bit of nice conversation with some of the boys. They are all so charming and friendly with their fans. Here are a few memorable stories I hope you might like. I also hope in the near future to share some of my photos but they are not nearly as good as some of Lexi's and others I have seen!

When I got to Stefan, I said "great job tonight" and I mentioned to him that I had heard he sang in Poland for the Krakow Film Music Festival during the Lord of the Rings symphony. He asked me if I was there but I said, alas, I could not go but that a co-worker of mine did. I then said that I heard him sing on a Youtube video during the Return of the King segment. He seemed very excited and said "You can hear me sing on the video!":D

I must say though that the most memorable part was when I got to Daniel. He was already smiling in my direction as I approached him :). I really like how he gives you his full attention and is very engaging with everyone. I told him that I thought he sounded great on Stay With Me (although I should have said Going Home as well). He said thank you and at which point I noticed that he accidentally spilled some of his water on my program he was signing :oops:. I jokingly said to him in typical American slang, "Hey, what's up with that!". He looked up at me and looked so sad and shocked that I thought he might cry. He kept saying "I'm so sorry", "I feel so bad" :cry:. I smiled and tried to tell him that I was just joking with him; that it was quite all right and not to worry about it. At this point Eleanor Lewis came to the rescue with some paper and was able to dab it up :). She was apologizing as well and I just smiled and said that "this makes it all the more memorable" :D. Although I did notice Kavana and Lexi (she was behind me a bit) teasing Daniel a little bit about it as well :wink:. I got to Kavana and said "What's up Kavana!" at which point he went to the high five with his cute "Thank You" drawing printed on his hand 8).

I want to say that it was so nice meeting you Flora at the Nashville concert :D One of the things that makes going to see Libera special is meeting all the great fans like yourself who love the group as much as you do. I would also like to thank Lexi and her Mom for being so warm and friendly to me. I really enjoyed all our conversations and will always remember the time we all met briefly Ian Tilley, Ben Crawley and Sam Coates in Nashville after the Sunday services :D. If I hadn't been with you two wonderful people at the time I never would have got Big Ben's and Sam's autographs for my Luminosa booklet!! Also, to tom413 and whitetail1985 for being so open and knowledgeable about Libera. Lastly, I must not forget my "French Connection Team" of fan_de_LoK and Geozed. Your kindness and support for allowing me to accompany you from Nashville to Atlanta in your rental car is something I will never forget. I improved my French only a little bit though :lol:. Hopefully, we can all meet again next year for US Tour 2011 :D!!!
Sing, Sing, Ye Heavenly Choir
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Ahh, completely lost in time again !
I enjoyed your reviews Tom and LiberAeterna and your pictures Lexi so much :D :D :D
The pic with the 3 smilies is one of the all time best !
And you all make my day for I-don't-know-how-much days in a row :lol:
Huuuuge thank you!
LibeLA

Post by LibeLA »

A big, BIG THANKS and appreciation to those who have so generously shared their amazing & riveting (word borrowed from "Medium Ben" who loves to use fancy adjectives) stories, photos, videos, reviews, etc. Special thanks to Tom413, Lexi, Flora, illuminaperpetua, LiberAeterna, Fan_De_Lok, et al who thoroughly covered the latter part of the concert tour. We really felt as if we were there too at the concerts and the M&G because of your amazing sharings. It certainly feels great to be a Libera fan knowing that each fan supports and cares for each other. I guess, we're just emulating the good examples set by our Libera boys. Thank you very much, Merci beaucoup, Domo arigato, Kansahamnida, Maraming salamat po!!! :D
I'm so glad other people have feelings like this! I'm still on cloud nine from having met them at all, but I've also been kicking myself for not managing to say much more than, "Thank you for the concert." It's relieving to know that I'm not the only one.

I also feel much better now as it appears I was not the only one a bit nervous during the signings :oops:
So I guess all of us felt the same way right before & during the M&G, butterflies in the stomach, tounge-tied, had a mental block, etc. :shock: Although, it appeared as if we were interacting quite well with the boys in the videos I posted, we basically said the same usual phrase, "TY for coming, Great job, Great solo, the usual stuff"...unless the boys would engage into a small talk, we would be dumbfounded as well. :oops:
Here are a few memorable stories I hope you might like.
When I got to Stefan, I said "great job tonight"...
I also want to share a very funny and unforgettable encounter with Stefan during the M&G at Fort Worth. When the autograph signing was done and the line was gone, my friends and I (and some newfound Japanese friends) went back to the lobby to take more photos and videos of the boys who were just chilling out and waiting to leave. We approached Stef who was in high spirits and gave us high fives. Then I kiddingly said to him, "Give me FIVE...(which he did) and I followed it with...DOLLAR$$$!" He was surprised and replied back immediately while offering his hand, "Give me TEN......DOLLAR$$$!" And my answer to him was, "You deserve more than that." I was amazed how funny and witty he can be when he's just being himself. These lads are true-blue professionals! :lol:
Hopefully, we can all meet again next year for US Tour 2011 :D!!!
We will definitely see you all again next year...or better yet in their next concert wherever it will be! :wink:

Peace out! 8)
Thunderhawk261
Silver Member

Post by Thunderhawk261 »

We will definitely see you all again next year...or better yet in their next concert wherever it will be!
I do feel like I missed out on part of the experience by not meeting many of you. I won't miss out on that opportunity the next time it comes around, I assure you. :wink:
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Post by illuminaperpetua »

Lexi wrote:Lexi posted pictures of the Atlanta concert on her blog -

http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are really good! Feel free to copy.
Well, I'm relieved to see I'm not in any of these! :lol: But, I was there when that Japanese lady was talking to Ben. She was so cute! And Ben was so theatrical! "And your beautiful white dress!" He basically had something to say about everything she had on. :lol:
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

Many thanks for all the reportings of the concerts . When I was home from work at 18 hr first thing I Did Was first look the French website , to read the news from Fan_ de_ Lok . I Can not Understand French so thank God for google translation , And read this forum . So many thanks to everybody Who Gave Their reports of the concert and meet and greet the movies on Youtube "and so on
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

It was so great to meet so many Libera fans at the concerts. Hope we can meet again! Thank you also for all the nice comments about our pictures and reviews. We purposely tried to do a good job for the fans who couldn't be there, because the fans in Japan, South Korea, the Philippines, France and the UK do such a great job for us. You all post so many pictures and videos that help us to feel like we were there. We're just returning the favor.

We did not take any videos at Nashville or Atlanta (too busy taking pictures and having fun talking), :D but my parents did take the funniest video at the St. Louis concert. We tried to edit it, but we're at my grandma's house in Florida and can't seem to get our Sony camcorder to cooperate with either of our laptops. We will try to work on it when we get home in another week. Sorry for the delay.

Speaking of going home, I guess it's OK to say now that Libera should be on their way home by now. They were supposed to leave today. Praying they have a safe trip and that they have many happy memories of their time here in the U.S. :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

To whom may be interested, I have scanned and uploaded here on the french forum the five programs concerts :)