Post by Lexi »

Awww, so happy for you, Jenn! :D
little-miss-sunshine

Post by little-miss-sunshine »

What did you guys talk about?
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Jenn wrote:Apologies for the last post cutting off..the line started moving. I got photos of a few but my hands were shaking and I didn't want to hold up the line. Had a nice quick chat with ben and josh and some others. I feel like I. Just met rockstars lol
I was shaking when I met them as well. Note that i met them several times already, but my pictures are always a mess specially Josh's. I might have been too excited back then. hahaha

I'm so happy for you. All of the kids are approachable, ask them something and they reply with smiles. :)
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

chix wrote:
Jenn wrote:Apologies for the last post cutting off..the line started moving. I got photos of a few but my hands were shaking and I didn't want to hold up the line. Had a nice quick chat with ben and josh and some others. I feel like I. Just met rockstars lol
I was shaking when I met them as well. Note that i met them several times already, but my pictures are always a mess specially Josh's. I might have been too excited back then. hahaha

I'm so happy for you. All of the kids are approachable, ask them something and they reply with smiles. :)
nice thanks for the up dates i hope we can see some picuters jenn thanks
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Thank you so much for the update (infos and pics) guys. Special thanks to Patrick and Jenn. :) I'm excited to read your account of the concert and the autograph signing after your nice sleep... :)
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

I'm way too excited still to sleep. My Dad and I stopped at ihop for a nice dinner after the concert (first I'd really eaten all day, I was too excited earlier lol).

ALL of the boys were just the friendliest anyone could be, so I feel a little guilty that just a few really stood out from the autograph signing. Mini Ben (who is not so mini anymore) was 2nd in the row and was done signing for the person in front of me and not yet on mine so I had a chance to say "Hey Ben I'm so glad youre here" or something cheesy like that. He of course flashed his winning smile and thanked me for coming. I asked him if I could take a picture and he gladly obliged, waiting on my shakey hands and phone camera to get a shot. My dad was asking him about what football team the boys like and asked if anyone likes Arsenal (my brother is a huge Arsenal fan) and one boy said YES! and raised his hands. I'm soo horrible I can't remember who it was. Frankly I was just too happy!

Josh was his usual smiley self and I told him I'm soo happy he was there and that I honestly hadn't expected him. He gave me a funny look and asked why not! I told him he scared me with his voice change but I was soooo happy he sang Time tonight. He smiled (of course) and thanked me and said he wasn't going anywhere! To make extra sure I asked him if he planned on staying around for a while and he said yes. I hope he could tell how happy I was about that news.

During The Fountain, one poor boy had a coughing fit on stage - it lasted the whole song. I felt SO sorry for him. As soon as the song was over, he was ushered out of view by someone and he came back on soon after missing one song. I'm 99% sure it was James. I'm not quite so good with the newer faces yet. I did ask him if he was feeling better and he shrugged a little and said yes. Thinking I may have embarrassed him by mentioning it, I told him he did great and he seemed to perk up a little after that.

Tonight I became a HUGE Daniel fan. That boy has an amazing stage presence (and good voice to boot). I whispered to him he's my new favorite and got a nice reaction from him. He seemed genuinely happy to hear me tell him how nice it is to see him so happy on stage.

Kavana of course was just a ray of sunshine the whole night and not shy at all at the signing. And finally the new one, Matthew (who signs his name "MJ" with a smiley face - adorable. Very sweet kid. I asked him how he enjoyed it and he said he loved it. My dad asked him if he was tired of signing autographs yet and he said "no it's my first time!" He was so cute, and looked so nervous all night.

ALL of the boys though were VERY friendly and I'm so sorry I can't mention each one. They all smiled and thanked me for coming. One was kind enough to tell me what they've been up to these few days (cattle drive, seeing some famous houses). It's driving me nuts right now I can't remember who it was.

It was the experience of a lifetime. I can't wait til tomorrow night now!
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Hi Jenn! Your experience was amazing. I really enjoyed everything you've typed. it is as if I'm also there. hahaha

The one who told you about what they have been doing the past days, could it be Ralph? I think he's the one who interact alot with the fans along side with Ben and Kavana. :)

Josh's fans would really love the assurance that he wouldn't go anywhere. :)

Too bad James cough...Is it Mordaunt or Threadgill? Anyhoo, I hope he's alright.
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

It was James Threadgill, poor guy. He looked sooo upset but he stood there and tried to sing when he could. Kavana deserves a huge thumbs up for not once flinching, turning around, or in any way acting like he noticed poor James. Kavana was right in front of him so there's no way he didn't know!

I think it may have been Sammy. It's for sure going to bug me until I remember (or perhaps tomorrow at the signing I will go OH YES IT WAS YOU!" and scare some poor boy lol).

I'm trying to find the picture someone did (pretty sure it was on this forum) of the peace album with each boy labeled. Can't find it anywhere. I'm trying to get better with faces and names.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Thank you all for the photos, reviews and updates ! :D
It looks like some of us stayed awake the whole night :lol:
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I'm back at the hotel now Jenn so I can pitch in.
It was Henry who had the coughing fit.

Reading through the coverage, this seems like it was the busiest day in forum history. Way too tired to post anything too coherent and Fan de Lok and Geozed are covering the song by song review now on the French forum for those interested.

Will just add that I talked to Mrs. G and found out that Steven was working (in the USA of all places!) and will be unable to participate in this tour. She went out of her way to point out that this was only due to his work conflict and that we should expect him at future concerts.

Was fun meeting up with everyone tonight, but I'm off to sleep so I can secure a competitive spot in line tomorrow. The place was absolutely packed tonight! Extra seats were brought in to accommodate the crowd.

The tour is definitely off to a very successful start. :D
little-miss-sunshine

Post by little-miss-sunshine »

Thank you for the account! I love reading them!
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Jenn wrote:I'm trying to find the picture someone did (pretty sure it was on this forum) of the peace album with each boy labeled. Can't find it anywhere. I'm trying to get better with faces and names.
It would be hard to go back to the threads and find it, but I also posted it on my blog HERE. Those pictures are the same as posted here though.:)
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Oh so it was Henry! Poor boy, I hope he's okay now.

Edit--

How much are the merchandises? (T-shirt and bag)
Last edited by chix on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hynks

Post by hynks »

First video of the meet and greet by kpmac1 http://www.youtube.com/user/kpmac1

[youtube][/youtube]
Sorry I'm too bad in english !
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks Jenn and tom413 for your thoughts on the concert. Shame about Henry but you can't account for moments like that. Glad he felt better and returned to the stage. Great to hear about the excellent turnout too. They look very charming as usual on the meet and greet videos.

I managed to remix the sound a little and I've posted video's on my youtube channel covering their hymns at yesterdays service.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaJimmyRiddle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Sammy was a little nervous at the start but their combined harmonies are superb. Seemed strange people going up to the table, when Stefan (possibly?) was still singing his solo finish to Sanctus, but that must be the way of proceedings for services.

Look forward to more reviews and pictures. :)