A libera fan singing salve me

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

bar
Silver Member

Post by bar »

Yorkie wrote:The Far Away is definitely a bloke - no way is that a girl :shock:

I'd go with a younger lad doing the Sanctus as well, mainly based on the lower parts (but as mentioned the processing has added a rather strange quality - almost as if it was slowed down to make it sound deeper). Perhaps we need to introduce the fabled 'Pope' test on these mystery posters :shock:

That's interesting, I did notice that - the slowing down to make it sound deeper.

Then maybe Sanctus is closer to his real voice? Far Away and You Were There do sound like it may have been lowered to make the singer's voice sound deeper.

Maybe he's embarrassed that his voice is so high for a boy? He should meet the boys at Libera! :D
DrewE
Silver Member

Post by DrewE »

I agree, most certainly a male. The Sanctus rendition gets up to a high Eb, which is certainly not unheard of for a high tenor. (The concise oxford dictionary of music lists tenors as having a range from low C up two octaves. It's plausible that the top notes in the recording could be falsetto, although it doesn't sound much like it to me.)

On Far Away, it goes down to a low Bb, if I remember properly, and up two octaves from there, but the singer seemed rather uncomfortable on the low Bb.

I do agree that the singer did a very creditable job; he has a sweet voice and good control, and that would seem to be true even without all the reverb and such.
bar
Silver Member

Post by bar »

My dear Libera friends, I have viiiictory! 8)

I sent him a message on YouTube and asked if he could post a sample of him singing without all the audio manipulation stuff.

Like I said before :P ...viiiictory :

[youtube][/youtube]

Except that it doesn't feel too much like a victory, because I STILL can't tell. Bahhh...I don't want to ask and make him uncomfortable. So I guess speculation is all we got. :roll:
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

bar wrote:My dear Libera friends, I have viiiictory! 8)

I sent him a message on YouTube and asked if he could post a sample of him singing without all the audio manipulation stuff.

Like I said before :P ...viiiictory :

[youtube][/youtube]

Except that it doesn't feel too much like a victory, because I STILL can't tell. Bahhh...I don't want to ask and make him uncomfortable. So I guess speculation is all we got. :roll:
I say boy. :D

Anyway, great job. At least you got him to post the one without special effects. I must say he really has a beautiful voice.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

carina_gino20 wrote:
I say boy. :D
Oh, yes without doubt a bloke. If that was a girl she'd have big hands and an Adams apple :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Well, this is me singing "The Fountain" and "Faithful Heart"

I am a bit :oops:
But I love singing very much & now I have the courage to share this with other people.

So, maybe you like the video. Please tell me how do you find it :)

Sue

[youtube][/youtube]
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

A little new fan cover of Deep Peace :)

[youtube][/youtube]