Greetings from Texas, USA

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

i wish it would just snow down here, just to make the cold weather worth while :D i really wish i could drive a car so i dont freeze every night on the way to work, actually it would be a reason to get of college and work :D
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
midnightdreemz

Florida in the summer? try Texas

Post by midnightdreemz »

hot doesnt describe summer in our state...this past summer we went 60+ days w/triple digits which was abnormal...usually its hot and muggy.

speaking of Libera, i found them while searching for the song "Going Home" and fell in love w/their incredible voices. i've saved as many songs as i could find on youtube and wore them out :) it's amazing how God can let us hear a little bit of heaven when they sing..
"Horse... If God made anything more beautiful he kept it for himself!"
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

xsakurax wrote:I don't think I'll be able to survive a day in Florida's summer weather. Can't imagine what global warming will do to us in the near future..
speaking of global warming... Hundreds gathered to protest about it... check out the picture ;)

http://s65605.gridserver.com/wp-content ... otest1.jpg
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

woooo it snowed, it never snows down the south :D
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

It supposed to snow more than 6 inches in my area, which is a big change from the flurries we usually get! :D
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

We too, in lower Pennsylvania, are under and Winter Storm Warning for the next 24 hours. 6 to 8 inches with some locations pushing 10 inches. Glad I don't have to go out tomorrow and glad I own a snow blower and don't have to shovel it.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
DrewE
Silver Member

Post by DrewE »

TEB wrote:We too, in lower Pennsylvania, are under and Winter Storm Warning for the next 24 hours. 6 to 8 inches with some locations pushing 10 inches. Glad I don't have to go out tomorrow and glad I own a snow blower and don't have to shovel it.
No snow predicted for my area (Vermont), but oh my it's cold, especially in comparison to how it's been until fairly recently. It's easily going to get below zero tonight; in fact, it may already be there. It was around 3 degrees above zero and clear a couple of hours ago as I was driving home.

Snowblowers are fantastic inventions; I'm very glad to have one now (just got it for this year), and my driveway isn't even all that long.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

DrewE wrote:
TEB wrote:We too, in lower Pennsylvania, are under and Winter Storm Warning for the next 24 hours. 6 to 8 inches with some locations pushing 10 inches. Glad I don't have to go out tomorrow and glad I own a snow blower and don't have to shovel it.
No snow predicted for my area (Vermont), but oh my it's cold, especially in comparison to how it's been until fairly recently. It's easily going to get below zero tonight; in fact, it may already be there. It was around 3 degrees above zero and clear a couple of hours ago as I was driving home.

Snowblowers are fantastic inventions; I'm very glad to have one now (just got it for this year), and my driveway isn't even all that long.
Till it was finally over early this morning(Sunday), I have about 8 inches.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

aaden

Post by aaden »

right now in london it is absolutely frigid outside. ahh. i'd love to have some warm weather right now. although texas or florida may be a bit too warm for my liking!
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

You could come to PA. It was about 35 F here today, which is not bad for a winter day.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

its way to cold today, it snowed once in the town i live in and now just seems to be snowing in the boroughs of the town, heat would be nice now, especially as my parents wont allow the heating to be turned on :(
CAVU

Post by CAVU »

kthomp wrote:its way to cold today, it snowed once in the town i live in and now just seems to be snowing in the boroughs of the town, heat would be nice now, especially as my parents wont allow the heating to be turned on :(
"No heat allowed"? :oops: Why that's torture! Me, living in California for 30 yrs., anything below 60 is torture. You know what's worse?---- the neverr-ending R A I N. :shock:
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
- Peace!
CAVU

Post by CAVU »

:oops: , I tink I goofed setting up that last msg. Didn't look like the others earlier. Also, how do you set up one of those little pictures below your "name"? I'm new to this computer stuff and consider myself lucky to have gotten this far. Thanks! Peace.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
- Peace!
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

CAVU wrote::oops: , I tink I goofed setting up that last msg. Didn't look like the others earlier. Also, how do you set up one of those little pictures below your "name"? I'm new to this computer stuff and consider myself lucky to have gotten this far. Thanks! Peace.
Hi, CAVU ;)
1) You have to log in
2) go to your "PROFILE" (on the top)
3) scroll down and find "avatar setting panel"
4) upload a pic from your PC (but first read about pic SIZE)

PM me ;) if it's too difficult for you, no problems ;)
Peace :)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink: