Libera singing for a major Japanese movie?

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Wow. Those are two very precious videos. Sigh...Tom's treble voice is one of the most beautiful things to ever grace this world. How I wish we could also hear more of his new voice now.

I also noticed--and this is not meant, in any way, to diminish RP's importance--that the boys seem very much capable singing on their own. The way they started Sakura and Ponyo all on their own was such a great thing to see. I guess it's also because they've been together for many years and have that chemistry.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Great videos - I noticed that everytime the interviewer asked a question Tom would not speak but look to each boy to get them to answer the questions , i am wondering if that was so people didnt know his voice had broke? as soon as he would of talked it would of been clear it had broken.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Probably just Tom being the gracious minded individual that he has potrayed himself to be over the years. They allowed a few of the boys that don't normally front interviews like Sam and Michael V say a few words.

Tom was without doubt at this time the lead-chorister. I have never seen a lead chorister tune up the libera boys like that before, certainly not on a TV program, and it was a joy to watch.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

dani wrote:Great videos - I noticed that everytime the interviewer asked a question Tom would not speak but look to each boy to get them to answer the questions , i am wondering if that was so people didnt know his voice had broke? as soon as he would of talked it would of been clear it had broken.
I thought his voice hadn't broken at this point yet? Since he was still able to sing the high parts of Sakura and the solo for You Were There. Already in January, we heard his voice in other interviews and it was noticeably deeper. I think it's just the usual Tom Cully who's more comfortable with behind the scenes cameras than with official interviews.

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

JimmyRiddle wrote: Tom was without doubt at this time the lead-chorister. I have never seen a lead chorister tune up the libera boys like that before, certainly not on a TV program, and it was a joy to watch.
Yeah. Really cool to see them fend for themselves for both Sakura and Ponyo.