introduce yourselves

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Hello to everyone whos joined in the past few weeks! looking forward to hearing your views and getting to know you all :)
Danie :D
phineaspgage

new to forum

Post by phineaspgage »

Hi, I'm 48, teach University, and have had really intense, moving emotional experiences listening to Libera. Something about the music combined with what seems to be a close, happy group of boys just does my soul good. Thanks for creating this board.
Question: I have family in the Netherlands and I have extended summer breaks in my teaching schedule; is there a way to get a far-in-advance tour schedule so I can plan my summer travel around Libera's performance schedule? I'd hate to be visiting in Holland and learn they're in the U.S., not far from home. Likewise, I'm not staying here (near Pittsburgh, PA) if Libera is in Leiden.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Re: new to forum

Post by Rebecca (: »

phineaspgage wrote:Hi, I'm 48, teach University, and have had really intense, moving emotional experiences listening to Libera. Something about the music combined with what seems to be a close, happy group of boys just does my soul good. Thanks for creating this board.
Question: I have family in the Netherlands and I have extended summer breaks in my teaching schedule; is there a way to get a far-in-advance tour schedule so I can plan my summer travel around Libera's performance schedule? I'd hate to be visiting in Holland and learn they're in the U.S., not far from home. Likewise, I'm not staying here (near Pittsburgh, PA) if Libera is in Leiden.
Hello! Welcome to the forum :D
My grandpa used to be a college professor, and s a Libera fan as well!

As for your question, the only concert we know of right now is the one in Epsom on March 18, and then there have been hints to a US/Canada/South East Asia tour, but nothing on Holland yet. I really hope you are able to attend a concert one day, it be here or in the Netherlands!
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

phineaspgage wrote:is there a way to get a far-in-advance tour schedule so I can plan my summer travel around Libera's performance schedule? I'd hate to be visiting in Holland and learn they're in the U.S., not far from home. Likewise, I'm not staying here (near Pittsburgh, PA) if Libera is in Leiden.
Hi, Phineas! Welcome to the forum! :D

Typically Libera announces concerts 1-2 months in advance. The Epsom concert in March was unusual in that it was announced so far in advance - 6 months. Pray that they are able to get Spring and Summer venues nailed down very soon. It's all parents and volunteers working on this stuff in their free time.

We are guessing there will be a US visit based on a poster that the Epsom Playhouse had on its website that said, "Prior To US Tour." Daniel and mini James were interviewed on a radio show before Christmas, and they are the ones who said that coming up in the new year they are going on tours to Southeast Asia and hopefully Canada. Haven't heard anything about a return trip to Leiden. But nothing is ever guaranteed til Libera officially announces it.

Just keep checking the Libera web pages and this forum. That way you'll at least find out as soon as possible.

Also, their tours are based on school schedules, so probably they'd tour somewhere between April 9-25 and July 23-Sept 4 (the summer one is usually earlier rather than later in that time frame). So you'd probably be safe going to Holland in May, June and half of July and still not miss a possible US or Canada concert.

Yeah, can you tell we all just hold our breath and our credit cards waiting to hear the concert dates? :lol:

Hope this helps. And again, welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it! :D

Lauren
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

phineaspgage wrote:Hi, I'm 48, teach University, and have had really intense, moving emotional experiences listening to Libera.
Hi Phineas and welcome!

I'm also 48 and it's nice to see someone my own age who is new to the forums. I know you will like it here. There are a lot of knowledgeable fans and we have some pretty lively discussions for sure.
Last edited by BrightEyes on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

phineaspgage wrote:Hi, I'm 48, teach University, and have had really intense, moving emotional experiences listening to Libera. Something about the music combined with what seems to be a close, happy group of boys just does my soul good. Thanks for creating this board.
Welcome to the board Phineas. As the others have said, we rarely get more than two or three months notice of where they might perform.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

HI and welcome.

We all are waiting to hear about tour dates.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Welcome here all new members 8)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
Keekii

Post by Keekii »

Hi everyone,

I am a 19 yrs-old girl and in my last year of high school. I love Libera and listening to their music always lifts my spirits. I'm grateful that Libera has existed for such a long time and still does. Their music seems like a timeless thing and if new boys keep on coming, I can't see why they should one day stop (I hope they never will). If only I had discovered them earlier.. It's sad to know that many of the members I have got to know through a lot of YouTube videos are soon to leave the group.. As you might have already guessed from my avatar, I like Ben Philipp. He surely has grown up fast, and it's sad that I'll probably never get the chance to hear him sing a solo at a concert. But of course the new boys are wonderful too and if my wish come true, and I'll get the chance to attend one of their concerts, I would be very grateful. Actually I'm lucky that I live so close to the UK, but I have never visited the country. But I will!! ;D

I wonder if there are any other Danish fans in this forum? If not I'm proud to be the first ;)
Looking forward to 'meet' other Libera fans from all over the world.
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

tcliffy wrote:It's all about Libera. Every single one of us are tremendous fans of Libera. We come here to meet and greet each other, discuss Libera's music, discuss their tours, shows, new members, old members, etc.

Join in :D
Thank you. My real name is Charmaine btw. Lovely to meet all of you here :)
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

sweetangel16 wrote:
tcliffy wrote:It's all about Libera. Every single one of us are tremendous fans of Libera. We come here to meet and greet each other, discuss Libera's music, discuss their tours, shows, new members, old members, etc.

Hello Charmaine!!!! Nice to see you here!!!!!!
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

Welcome Charmaine!
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Hi, Charmaine! One of the nicest fans we know! Glad you're here! :D

Lauren
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

symphonica7 wrote:
sweetangel16 wrote:

Hello Charmaine!!!! Nice to see you here!!!!!!
Hi. Nice to see you here too again :)
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

Lexi wrote:Hi, Charmaine! One of the nicest fans we know! Glad you're here! :D

Lauren
Aww, thank you. How nice of you :) Glad to see you here too.